North Dakota
9%
Illinois
15%

Total votes: 579

Shiva

Re: Poll: Choose (2) States you would like to see next

#5531 Post by Shiva » 02 Dec 2021 21:27

Both Kansas and Missouri have Kansas City.
So how will they do it? we'll have to see.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
flight50

#5532 Post by flight50 » 02 Dec 2021 21:39

I'd like to think Texas answers that question with Texarkana. Butttt, that still wouldn't prove anything. But it could be a guideline. KC is much larger than Texarkana as well. The one thing I seriously hope they do not do is split it. It should be all or nothing. If border cities can't or won't come with the first available state, push the entire city to the other state.
Onagerlinn

#5533 Post by Onagerlinn » 02 Dec 2021 22:13

Kind of a boring answer, but I suspect Kansas DLC will get KCK and Missouri will get KCMO. Texarkana will be divided similarly.

Excited to see how it shakes out, though.
flight50

#5534 Post by flight50 » 03 Dec 2021 04:54

Dividing to me only works is the next state follows immediately. Arkansas has no chance to follow Texas...nor even Montana. Its possible MO follows Kansas but that's only if OK, LA and AR are in the game. Considering SCS always pushes a portion of the East to the next dlc, I'm guessimating the same could happen with Texarkana and KC. Now what I'd like to happen is KC comes completely with Kansas. MO has St. Louis to be the prized city. Both dlcs will have 2-3 decent mid sized cities as well. The rest will be small cities and towns.
fra_ba

#5535 Post by fra_ba » 03 Dec 2021 06:45

Well they could add the below exits, connect them, and add some industries in Armourdale and even Fairfax and marked it under Kansas City, KS.
On I-35: https://www.google.com/maps/@39.0712759 ... a=!3m1!1e3
On I-70: https://www.google.com/maps/@39.0946655 ... a=!3m1!1e3
It's sort of Portland-Vancouver situation where in this case smaller city comes first. We may even see a glimpse of KC, MO too:
https://www.google.com/maps/@39.0924234 ... 384!8i8192
flight50

#5536 Post by flight50 » 03 Dec 2021 07:22

Portland/Vancouver is the exact reason I say all or nothing. Vancouver was squeezed in because Portland took up so much space. This pushed the entire Columbia river area North too far which made Longview a very short trip. A better city can happen if everything is made at once. That way all the piece fit in as one. Over all the Washington dlc is good but it feels a bit crammed on the Western portion of the state. I bet if all the pieces for KC was put in place during the same dlc, vs just talking about what will go in which out ever placing prefabs there, the city would be presented better.

Portland/Vancouver feels like Portland was made first, then the road. Vancouver got the left overs. For KC, SCS should make all the roads first, then design the city to the roads that fit. I'm sure this is how they build now according to the one stream that RacerToft was on. It sound like planning roads first is key. The way I see SCS doing large cities is anticipate the junctions they want and/or know they can make work. Play with the roads to get them to fit. Once that is set, okay now what buildings and detail can now fit. The city needs to feel connected via surface streets. Cities with one way in and one way out don't hold players interest like cities with multiple access options.
Last edited by flight50 on 03 Dec 2021 14:34, edited 1 time in total.
TheAmir259

#5537 Post by TheAmir259 » 03 Dec 2021 08:59

That or future-planning/future-proofing. The latter allows for sectional introduction according to DLCs but of course, as mentioned, they'd have to have planned the city proper beforehand
Two wrongs don't make a right, three lefts...do :D
Double M

#5538 Post by Double M » 03 Dec 2021 17:21

Time will give us the answer.

Because not only happens with Kansas City, I have been investigating and I have been able to see that there are also more cities that are in the same situation.
This is one of the reasons why I like to play this game and it is because of it I am discovering what the geography of the USA is like.
In high school my favorite subject has always been geography and with this game it reminds me a bit as if I had gone back to high school and was in geography class.
The same thing happens to me with Europe when playing in ETS2.
Bedavd

#5539 Post by Bedavd » 03 Dec 2021 17:56

I think they could do a Portland/Vancouver for Kansas City, but have the Kansas portion be Overland Park. There might be some conflict with that and Lawrence, KS but it's a idea.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
Tristman

#5540 Post by Tristman » 03 Dec 2021 20:47

I think chances are small that we get Lawrence since it's also kinda close to Topeka. I don't think they would add anything between Topeka and Kansas City myself.

As for the division between Kansas and Missouri, I think it's hard to speculate at this point. Logically I'd say Kansas City goes to Missouri, since it's about twice as big in square miles on the Missouri side. It's also the largest city in Missouri, while it's only the third-largest city in Kansas (Overland Park is the second-largest city though, so that complicates things).
They could also divide it, by putting the entire city in rough shape in the game, but then only working out the details for the Kansas side and putting "xxx" barriers on the roads that lead into Missouri. That way the mappers already know how big the city is going to be and where all the roads are going to go before they make Missouri.
Last edited by Tristman on 03 Dec 2021 21:06, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General discussion about the game”