North Dakota
9%
Illinois
15%

Total votes: 582

flight50

Re: Poll: Choose the State you would like to see next

#81 Post by flight50 » 29 Oct 2017 16:58

vid wrote: 29 Oct 2017 07:52 For people who don't buy all states, say if they buy Texas and not New Mexico the only way I can see them doing it is by adding one detailed road through New Mexico to get to Texas. What I mean is New Mexico gets released and people who buy it get the full state, people who don't get nothing, but when Texas releases obviously the people with New Mexico just add Texas and it joins on to it. For the people without New Mexico they could add one road to the base game for free (Once Texas releases) like the I-10 so they can at least get there without teleporting. The road can be the exact detail that's in the New Mexico DLC but with any other roads/cities unaccessable if they pass them. Then if they decide to buy the New Mexico DLC in the future the rest of the state will open up as normal when installed. This can apply to all states. Not sure if this is even possible but could solve the problem, I'll be buying all so it won't bother me anyway.

I have seen this option stated before and I pretty much said something similar. I think all major interstates should make the game for free. It should be the state connectors for just for the purpose of eliminating the teleport system such as ET2 ferry system. When Texas arrives but those that chose not to purchase NM, well they will have a very long trip of not being able to access anything outside of a gas station along that road. Price of not supporting all dlc I guess, lol. Otherwise, they have to implement the teleport to keep frustration down. My mind leans more towards the teleport though to solve that issue. But my complete thought was to provide all or at least one main interstate as the base map road for travel thru all states. Use dlc to fill in the land if you want to be able to get off that road to make deliveries to those areas. The problem I see here is that SCS would have to come up with a system that 100% blocks off people that do not purchase dlc. If SCS just places the xxxxx barrier, people can just dev cam over that. So really, SCS shouldn't use the actual dlc to showcase what they are missing by trying to use barrier blockers. A duplicate copy of that dlc should be used instead that doesn't have anything else but the interstate connection with a few gas stations for non dlc supporters. So in theory, every dlc state should have a duplicate copy that is just added to the base map. I think this could work. It's just a matter of duplicating the dlc and remove 90-95% of it. Leave just the gas stations and rest stops if the dlc has it along that road. Now to get generous, SCS could allow the gas station itself to be a delivery spot though for fuel tankers at least. That would keep players in ATS even if they don't buy dlc in order to get to a state that they will actually buy. This too would work. Hmmm...I like this. I just thought of it actually. Did SCS beat me to the thought, maybe...maybe not. They don't share all their intents so I am claiming this one, lol.

Oregon is cool with me if it is indeed next. The point to get out of desert is crucial to some and I honestly don't care what is next, just bring it. Rescale slowed down SCS. The external team slowed down SCS. The next state will determine how quickly SCS can kick out new content assuming that they learned from their mistakes. It has been noted that development time is decreasing at SCS for content release. Newer ways of doing things are starting to be implemented. Thus making them more efficient and more productive along with adding more staff members for different task. If Oregon really is next, California just grew by 3 times, lol. The footprint of ATS will be one big ole California-ish L shaped map. Oregon would tie into Cali and Nevada nicely with the map as is. With Ca being the base starting point, we will have our first state that will have all its borders surrounded. I wouldn't be surprised if Oregon would be followed by Washington just simply to finish out the West Coast. From there, there really is no wrong state to to hit next. SCS could try to even up the map vertically first before trying to go East. So keeping the map vertical would get us Or, Wa, Id, Mt,Ut, Wy, then Co perhaps in that order. At this point ATS should really be rolling as SCS would have covered that 1/3 I keep mentioning. Support will come and it will grow eventually just like ET2. Semi's are the backbone of most countries. Many people love big rigs and I am sure they are not aware of SCS or perhaps not into video games. But truck lovers will find their way to be involved with a semi any way they can. If SCS could market ATS as they do with ET2, more would jump in. They hold trucking events here just as they do in Europe. Below are just a few that intrigues me all over again every time I watch them and gets me all excited:
- US
- US
- US
- Canada
- Canada
You Euro guys will love the last contestant
- Mexico

Noticed that there is not just 100 people in the crowd. North Americans love rigs just as much as you guys in Europe. Down side is that the expense is probably high for SCS to do so from Europe themselves. With that said SCS, is it possible to partner up with someone here in North America to get SCS marketed here. You all can't do it with Paccar because it would probably conflict with getting licenses with other American truck brands.
Last edited by flight50 on 09 Nov 2017 05:56, edited 21 times in total.
FrankK96

#82 Post by FrankK96 » 02 Nov 2017 14:49

Well, I do not know if that is the right topic for this (Maybe it would fit a bit better into the suggestion topic) but speaking of future DLC states… I don't know if anyone of you has ever seen this but last year (Since then I bought every single Blu-ray that was available :)) I discovered a TV series called "Aerial America" that comes around with some very beautiful aerial overviews of cities as well as some interesting sights and their background information. The series gives a very good overview of the different landscapes of each state, the vegetation, important industries, the history of the state and more.

So I think this could be very interesting for the developers and might be handy when it comes to the research phase of new map DLCs. If anyone of you has not seen it yet I highly recommend it. A very well-made TV series that is definitely worth a view.
Tiger313

#83 Post by Tiger313 » 03 Nov 2017 18:03

If I recall right, SCS wanted us to be able to drive coast to coast, which would mean Texas is next. However, I've also seen hints of Oregon come by on these here forums. We'll see, I guess. Too early to speculate anyway: first fun will be had with New Mexico.
Reinhard

#84 Post by Reinhard » 03 Nov 2017 18:29

Poor, poor Okies. Zero points. I would give you one, for consolation, if I had any left. I pity you. :D
bobgrey1997

#85 Post by bobgrey1997 » 03 Nov 2017 20:10

I voted "Texas", but hope they ultimately decide on Oregon next.
I want Texas for three reason:
1: Closer to Arkansas
2: More Roads
3: Larger cities
However, I hope they decide on Oregon next because of three reasons:
1: Smaller state (faster development time)
2: Interesting scenery
3: Interesting cities
I also would like Utah for two reasons:
1: Route diversity
2: Simpler map shape
And Colorado immediately after for two reasons:
1: More route diversity
2: Even simpler map shape

Final result:

I want Texas next

I hope they decide on Oregon next
Kingy

#86 Post by Kingy » 04 Nov 2017 00:44

Utah by far just to have more connections to the existing states especially if we're in Nevada and also to have some change of scenery then maybe Oregon or Colorado next!
nelsonrm

#87 Post by nelsonrm » 08 Nov 2017 13:34

I chose Texas for 2 reasons. First, I am a Texan. Second, because of all the miles they could add to the game in one swoop. :D
Everything is cracked; that's how the light gets in.
Gazer75

#88 Post by Gazer75 » 08 Nov 2017 14:25

I hope for Utah and Colorado. With Oregon we will be driving back and forth on pretty much the same roads.
Sure, we'll get longer routes, but that will become boring when you've driven the same interstate back and forth a few hundred times :)
Slash1067

#89 Post by Slash1067 » 08 Nov 2017 14:29

I want more forest state, desert is boring af
flight50

#90 Post by flight50 » 08 Nov 2017 15:39

nelsonrm wrote: 08 Nov 2017 13:34 I chose Texas for 2 reasons. First, I am a Texan. Second, because of all the miles they could add to the game in one swoop. :D
I too am Texan but I don't think making the map linear at this time is in players interest. Boxed style opens up the terrain. The biggest reason why I don't want to see Texas next is because of the time it will take to do it at he level of NM. SCS will not down grade quality at this point. If people think NM was expensive, wait til they see Texas with so few states and not box style. I will take what ever SCS gives us though. But yes, Texas offers the most any state can. The roads here are very plentiful and no doubt that it will be awesome to have it. I just think the West should be given first because they will take less time. Especially states like Idaho, Wyoming, Montana and Utah. SCS should be able to provide at least 2 of those within 10-12 months now that the team has grown.
Gazer75 wrote: 08 Nov 2017 14:25 I hope for Utah and Colorado. With Oregon we will be driving back and forth on pretty much the same roads.
Sure, we'll get longer routes, but that will become boring when you've driven the same interstate back and forth a few hundred times :)
This is the most requested duo I keep seeing and I am there as well. Second duo would be Washington and Oregon combo. But without that box style, yes it will be the same driving back and forth. This is why everyone keeps comparing ATS's map size to ET2. That boring route running is actually why I silently stopped playing ATS in Feb in favor of ET2. When NM releases, I will go back to ATS though. Options in road routes is what people want and the box style creates that option. It is very limited currently. Adding Oregon will definitely increase the length but why suck thru a coffee straw when you can suck thru a much larger one.
Slash1067 wrote: 08 Nov 2017 14:29 I want more forest state, desert is boring af
Understood and many feel the same way. But you do realize that SCS is just duplicating the states as they are. We can't get mad at them for giving us what reality is. In order for SCS to build out the West and get East, guess what, they have more deserts to cover. [ external image ]
Most of the deserts are covered. There are deserts parts in both Utah and Oregon as well as Texas. Texas has a bit of everything though. But SCS should be getting into more mountains. It is possible they will do them with snowy type scenes. Without a true seasonal and weathering system (due to game engine) they may just have to make portions of the mountain states a wintery and sparse thru out the map on the higher elevations.

Return to “General discussion about the game”