North Dakota
9%
Illinois
16%

Total votes: 574

Bedavd

Re: Poll: Choose (2) States you would like to see next

#5121 Post by Bedavd » 12 May 2021 19:08

Yeah the Steeler, Home Store, and Rail Export in eastern Spokane is right in the way of US 2 as it currently exists and I don't think it would be worth rebuilding Spokane to make it fit. WA SR 20 from Colville to Newport would make a great route I think and would help eliminate one of Idaho's two one-way in/one-way out cities which I think would go a long way to make the state better.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
flight50

#5122 Post by flight50 » 12 May 2021 19:51

The best that can happen to Idaho is what ads678 has on his additions map as far as Idaho dlc. More roads will be linked to Idaho but they will belong to Montana and Wyoming dlc's. The most help Idaho needs is Salmon and everything North of it. It will be quite a relief once Montana comes.

Since Texas is next, eventually Montana will come. I can see myself playing ATS a bit more than what I do now with a completed West + Texas. Just looking at the current map that ads678 has minus Wyoming and Montana is actually impressive. Then California is getting rebuild too...Mmmm. If the rebuild team can provide all the red roads as the minimum from ads's fan made map, ATS will be that much better. Once the base map is rebuilt or whatever SCS plans to do, circling back to add roads before joining the paid map teams will be a joy to have. I'll have a peaceful mind and I'm sure many others will as well.
Texshi

#5123 Post by Texshi » 13 May 2021 07:11

While I know Montana is the legit most likely next state.. i'd so much rather 287 to be complete from Texas through Oklahoma or at LEAST let us pass through the state through Boise City.. It would be soo inconvenient to run around through Raton to Denver but of course I know how it is Montana is pretty much behind right now with Wyoming and Texas finally popping up.. so I suppose I get that.. just want that smidge of road to connect Lamar/Springfield onward to Boise City to Amarillo
For SCS P389/P589 Tuning Pack Part Suggestions Photo Album - https://imgur.com/a/eaEjKr9
Peterbilt 379 / 389 Tuning Example Inspirations Photo Album - https://imgur.com/a/DDGTDPW

Peterbilt forever!
oldmanclippy

#5124 Post by oldmanclippy » 13 May 2021 13:42

@Texshi I think the only way we'll get the US-385 through Oklahoma with Texas is if Oklahoma is the next planned state after Texas, so that the OK research team would have figured out all the signage differences between TX and OK by then. If Montana is next, I think it would be just a bit too much work for SCS to pull that off since Texas is so huge to begin with. I really do think that getting US-95 through Idaho with Oregon was the exception, not the rule, as Idaho itself showed us when they didn't include Missoula.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
flight50

#5125 Post by flight50 » 13 May 2021 14:30

I agree on US-385. Although the portion of US-385/US-287 that runs thru the Oklahoma panhandle is only 40 miles, there is a slimmer chance we get that with Texas but not impossible. Considering the panhandle is so narrow, I'd imagine US-385 is a road to come with the Oklahoma dlc to give it a bit more umph. Texas will have plenty of roads. With that, I hope they extend US-160 to US-385 as well. That entire region will be livestock heavy once both Oklahoma and Kansas join in.

Having US-287 from start to finish would be pretty cool. It runs from Beaumont, Tx to Choteau, MT. It may or may not be continuous though. If it's close enough, that is a good deal and good enough I suppose. As long as other paths to aren't too far out the way to continue on US-287, all is good.
Shiva

#5126 Post by Shiva » 13 May 2021 16:46

Texshi, it will not be impossible to have US-287/384 when Texas is released.
But still I have no clue if it will come then or not.
Boise City OK, it has map sector sharing with Colorado.
And southern part shares map sector with Texas. Including Dalhart TX.
Taking flight's example of the 40 miles, 22miles would be in a sector that shares Colorado and Oklahoma, the other 18miles would be in the sector shared by Oklahoma and Texas.
What I try to say, is that those map sectors will be in the base.scs, sooner or later, than in Texas, Oklahoma or Colorado DLC's. That is my theory.

Things might get a bit complicated, if Boise City OK is a functional city and not scenery with possibly a fuel stop and or reststop.
Last edited by Shiva on 13 May 2021 16:51, edited 1 time in total.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
oldmanclippy

#5127 Post by oldmanclippy » 13 May 2021 16:50

I think US-287 will continue from Boise City to Amarillo rather than US-385, so that's part of it that will probably be there. It's also the most logical road to connect Amarillo with Wichita Falls, and Wichita Falls with Ft. Worth. After Ft. Worth it gets a bit dicey, I can see it reappearing between Woodville or Corrigan and Beaumont but that's about it. All in-game signs point to US-287 connecting Laramie with Fort Collins, and I'd be shocked if it didn't head north from Rawlins. I think it will be absent between US-191 and I-90 but it could be there north of I-90 to help get us from Bozeman to Helena. Not a shoe-in but possible. I would be surprised if we got US-287 northwest of I-15 though. At 1:20 scale it wouldn't be much more driving to get to Kalispell from Helena to just take I-15 to US-2 so I don't think US-287 or US-89 are necessary there. So in summary, I think most of US-287 will get in by the time the west is complete, but there will be gaps in Montana and Texas.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
flight50

#5128 Post by flight50 » 13 May 2021 17:39

Shiva's point is a good one though. If Boise City has sectors for Colorado and Texas.......that kicks out Oklahoma? Maybe maybe not, heck I don't know. I don't understand the map editor and dlc locks. All I know is that whatever SCS does, I'll have those roads because I won't be missing any dlc's. To me, it makes sense to allow travel between Lamar and Amarillo ahead of Oklahoma. But what did not happen with Idaho, I have doubts and I will not get my hopes up. 95% gut instinct tells me no connection between Lamar and Amarillo with the Texas dlc. But that 5% could be just enough hope that it will. I'm just not counting on it like I was a year ago.

I also agree that US-287 would be the chosen route to take South of Boise City. I also think Boise City should only have the truck stop, weigh station and nothing more functional. We'll obviously need a portion of the town just to get to the stop. But I won't go much beyond that. The most interesting thing in BC is the squared roundabout thingy. I don't think SCS needs to go that far into town though. All we need is: yellow - functional prefabs (truck stop and weigh station), green - non function depots (scenic). If the distance is 40 mile from border to border, we could be looking and only miles worth of road thru the panhandle anyways. The junction below will take up like 25-30% of the panhandle maybe. So keeping it of Oklahoma may not make a lot of sense honestly. We'll need some green(brown grass) in and out of BC of open roads to feel space between Lamar and Amarillo. As long as we see this on that path, we good, lol. This is a heavy trucked road and its a major connection to DFW and Denver. This route is 739 miles 11hrs 20 mins vs I-35 to I-40 being 856 miles/12 hrs 6 mins. Depending on time of day, that is almost an hr difference. Thru Raton, we increase to 761 miles but it only adds 4-5 mins (depending on time of day). This is route is more or less what we can expect though. US-287 could come later.

[ external image ]
Last edited by flight50 on 13 May 2021 17:53, edited 1 time in total.
Shiva

#5129 Post by Shiva » 13 May 2021 17:52

flight50, those dlc locks, those can get troublesome.
So far they have been state1 and state2, rules.
Boise City, if a functional for OK. And passthru from TC to CO, might need a rule similar to.. state1 and/or state2/state3, or similar.
Unless if maybe SCS at first has it as passthru, before OK release.
And then when Oklahoma is released, makes Boise City dependant on Oklahoma DLC. But that would mean that those who have Texas and Colorado, no longer can pass thru Boise City, if they do not own Oklahoma DLC.
Sorry if a bit messy, brain is tired.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
flight50

#5130 Post by flight50 » 13 May 2021 18:01

Hmmm. I like the pass thru idea and I think it looks best but if they move it to Oklahoma, that is a conflict. I don't see many people owning Oklahoma without Texas but SCS has to safe guard against it all. The only sure way is to not do US-287/US-385 with Texas and just let it come with Oklahoma. That is the safest way. Texas to Colorado is still in better shape than connecting Salmon to Missoula. We might have to go thru Raton and back track a tad to get to Lamar or Burlington. But its not the end of the world. I don't see SCS making OK-389 to connect US-160 and
US-87 when Oklahoma can be around the corner to make the rest rest of US-287/US-385. That is a connection we'd just have to wait on.

Return to “General discussion about the game”