North Dakota
9%
Illinois
15%

Total votes: 579

GT182

Re: Poll: Choose (2) States you would like to see next

#5201 Post by GT182 » 07 Jun 2021 18:50

Yeah, we Montana need more than Texas right now. It should have been before Wyoming. It's our main direct route to northern Washington... as in Spokane and beyond. It saves a lot more time than going up thru Oregon.
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
Shiva

#5202 Post by Shiva » 07 Jun 2021 22:21

Montana before Wyoming?! A map like this?! truesize link. Well, I would not have liked that Wyoming gap.
Truesize ATS map with Texas, before Montana.

I do think that Texas comes in nick of time.
Good place to have map teams go north, south, 2nd north.
Or even Mexico.

Box in pattern for Texas? Oklahoma is perfect for that.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
flight50

#5203 Post by flight50 » 07 Jun 2021 23:20

Tristam-94 wrote: 07 Jun 2021 16:34 You could argue Texas is self sufficient though because of its size, and doesn't really need connections to everywhere.
Not yet at least.
I wouldn't argue but that is exactly my take on it. Texas doesn't depend on anything which is why I like Montana over Texas. But Texas is large enough to be its own game at 1:15 scale. Its like the UK or Germany before added to ETS2. Idaho is much more dependent on Montana than Texas is for Oklahoma. Its actually the other way around. Oklahoma depends on Texas. The panhandle of Oklahoma needs the entire panhandle of Texas for it to be valid in ATS. Real life, different story perhaps.

Trucker_Tommy wrote: 07 Jun 2021 17:59 I’d like to think the devs have made a start with Montana in drawing initial road layouts etc obviously with the thinking Montana is the next state which like most say should be. As Wyoming comes to a close and release more devs will make the move over to the Montana development team
Same here. I'm think way back to the Oregon days when 1-2 pulled off from Oregon to do Washington. Back then when we all thought working adjacent states was not possible. But if you look at how ETS2 maps are made, countries border other countries in the same dlc all day long. So that theory was debunked without us even thinking. Now the devs did say it can be more challenging to do adjacent but not that it was impossible.

I have to agree with Shiva in regards to having that Wyoming gap. Doing Montana first makes a C shaped whole.
GT182

#5204 Post by GT182 » 08 Jun 2021 01:26

Actually Montana first and Wyoming next would have been the perfect additions. Or the other way around. As I said Montana is necessary with I-15 to get up and on the way to Spokane, Washington with Montana because of it's ALL interstate driving. It's the fastest routing, faster that up thru Oregon on it's two lane roads you must take.

It's like running I-95 up into New Jersey and the other interstate highways that continue on thru NY and New England. Run RT 11 from it's beginning up to Rouses Point, NY and see how long it takes you. No running any interstate highways.... just RT 11. I'm sure you'd find an interstate highway preferable over a 2 lane highway any day. Time is money. Ask any trucker you see and he'll tell you the same.
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
interstate trav

#5205 Post by interstate trav » 08 Jun 2021 06:00

I still can’t wait for the next update.
harishw8r

#5206 Post by harishw8r » 08 Jun 2021 06:10

L shape was better than the proposed C shape IMO. Every time from MT we have to reach Missoula and Salmon. This is the exact reason that makes Road to the Black Sea too boring to drive.

I want Montana badly for the plains. Montana to Texas through the plains would be a great drive.
flight50

#5207 Post by flight50 » 08 Jun 2021 06:53

I can't deny time is money. A trucker will always want to take the quickest route. Sometimes the quick might be the longest route as well.

Here is a couple examples on the two scenarios. Montana first then Wyoming. Then Wyoming first then Montana. In this example, I'll use to fairly close destinations. I'll use Billings, MT and Sheridan, WY to Denver.

Montana First. I need to take a load in this scenario from Denver, Co to Billings Mt. With the routes SCS more than likely gives us, what's the path?
[ external image ]

Wyoming First. I need to take a load in this scenario from Denver, Co to Sheridan, Wy. With the routes SCS more than likely gives us, what's the path.
[ external image ]

Now lets switch it up a bit. This is where the map is now. Lets go from Coeur D Alene, Idaho to Burlington, Colorado. What are the available options if Montana comes first vs Wyoming coming first?
Your options depends. I-90 to I-15 may not be your best route necessarily but you are also limited on your possible routes. We either have I-80 available or I-90/I-15 available. If we had to do this as a dedicated run for 30 days, which route do you tire faster with?
[ external image ]

[ external image ]
_Roger_

#5208 Post by _Roger_ » 08 Jun 2021 07:38

"Coeur D Alene, Idaho to Burlington, Colorado"

Idaho dosen't have a North-South interstate, in that one scenario I-70 to I-15 to I-90 in Montana would be way more useful than Wyoming.
Vinnie Terranova

#5209 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 08 Jun 2021 08:01

I don't know what to think about these kind of routes: Coeur d'Alene, ID - Burlington, CO. Normally a trucker would take I-90 to Buffalo, WY, I-25 to Denver, CO, and then I-70 to Burlington, ID. For this route you'll need both Wyoming and Montana. If you don't have Wyoming and/or Montana, you are forced to take an unrealistic route anyway... In real life you don't want to go from Coeur d'Alene, ID, to Burlington, CO via Salt Lake City, UT, right? It's 100 miles longer.

But maybe I'm wrong about this. Google Maps showed this alternative route. But how realistic is this route, especially between Rock Springs, WY, and Idaho Falls, ID?

[ external image ]

Luckily, in ATS the most important thing is not driving realistic routes, but driving. Even if it's driving on unrealistic routes.

Anyway, an L-shaped map is bad. A C-shaped map however is far more worse.
flight50

#5210 Post by flight50 » 08 Jun 2021 10:41

Both of you are saying what you would take. We don't have what a trucker would take. So what would you take with what we have is the point. We'd prefer both Montana and Wyoming to take interstates but with the order of the states are coming, we can't take the preferred route because its not available and won't be until Montana is released.

The question is what would you take given the order with Wyoming coming first vs Montana coming first is the scenario. I am aware Idaho does not have a North/South interstate with what we have currently. So I-90 nor I-15 can be used in the thought process you two are giving. I gave the routes possible. Its not about unrealistic here, its about what's available until the realistic is available.

Return to “General discussion about the game”