North Dakota
9%
Illinois
16%

Total votes: 523

clifflandmark

Re: Poll: Choose (2) States you would like to see next

#5511 Post by clifflandmark » 18 Nov 2021 23:25

hmm. I'm OK if great plains bring some new industries such as Monsanto, agriculture or whatever they have.This Monsanto thing is a huge industry that produces even Hydraulic for aircrafts.Would not it be fantastic to carry some Skydrol to Everett from Monsanto.I expect a parody from SCS.

I agree that SCS can move quickly in these flat lands. Less population, straight roads on flat lands. Tons of content could be added in short time relatively to any other state in Great Lakes Region or South swamp.I wish they bring Louisiana just after OKlahoma and then they can move from great plains.
flight50

#5512 Post by flight50 » 19 Nov 2021 01:36

I agree that SCS can make quick work of the Great Plains. That is the one great thing about mapping North of Texas in the smaller states. They do get denser as far as roads. At least I hope the backroads can get denser. We really need more new companies for agriculture though to make the Great Plains work. The more companies, the more farms per square 100 sq miles or so. Now I will say that after so much of the Great Plains, people will want the Louisiana, Arkansas, Missouri states. It would be about diversity at that point. With Wyoming and Colorado getting a full extension East of them for flatter roads, people will have their flat roads fix.

Nebraska would be the absolute furthest I'd go until Louisiana, Arkansas at the least are added. Missouri would go before South Dakota for me so that Iowa can come. We can take I-80 into Cheyenne and hit Montana all day long just fine without the Dakota's. Sioux City to Omaha, to Kansas City to Ft. Smith...or take I-35 from Kansas City to hit OKC, DFW, Austin, etc. East of I-35, the roads get a bit busier. Paths become more numerous in the routes we can take.

With TX,MT,OK,KS,NB,LA,AR,MO and IA in place, SCS really has the means to go anywhere and not be wrong. We'd have a little bit of everything at that point. They can literally have 4 teams never border a sector with another team because they'd have enough spread out that all directions won't conflict or minimal conflict worse case. 4 teams can clear the Southeast, the Midwest and the North at a pretty good pace. With everyone honing in on the Northwest, that should give time for 1-2 teams to start up going across the borders at some point.
Jbte

#5513 Post by Jbte » 19 Nov 2021 02:02

In my opinion, SCS should start to bundle up states in the midwest and east coast, so for the first releases I would like to pick the next bundles;

2023 or 2024;
-Oklahoma+Kansas+Nebraska, something called "The great plains DLC"
-Arkansas+Louisiana+Missisippi, maybe the "Bayous DLC"
-North Dakota+South Dakota, maybe as "Dakotas DLC"

For 2024 and beyond;
-Alabama+Georgia "Southeast DLC"
-South Carolina+North Carolina, "South Atlantic DLC" or "Carolinas DLC"
-Florida alone "Florida DLC"
(or perhaps a major DLC including Florida, Alabama and Georgia as "Southeast DLC")

-Missouri+Iowa+Illinos+Indiana as "Midwest DLC"
-Minnesota+Wisconsin+Michigan as "Great Lakes DLC"
-Tennessee+Kentucky+Ohio "Appalachian DLC"
-North Carolina+South Carolina "Carolinas DLC"
-Virginia+West Virginia+Maryland+Delaware+DC "Mid Atlantic DLC"
-New Jersey+Pennsylvania+New York "Founder DLC" or something related to the historic or patriotic aspect of the US
-Connecticut+Rhode Island+new Hampshre+Vermont+Maine as "North Atlantic DLC"

So in total 13 future DLCs, an average of 3 per year, so in 5 years we could have the continental US completed.
flight50

#5514 Post by flight50 » 19 Nov 2021 02:10

Those are some huge dlc's with compact cities and busy roads. Those bundles would easily take 2-3 years each and most of the resources just like Texas. Each state would take (1) 7-9 person team each but sell as one large dlc. SCS adds too much detail and test a lot. Things slip thru with bugs but its still a huge effort. They aren't as fast as you Jbte, lol. You have a smaller team and faster but you guys don't have to factor in potato pc's either. 5 years for a completed US is a bit too optimistic. Its going to take at least 8-10 best case.
angrybirdseller

#5515 Post by angrybirdseller » 19 Nov 2021 06:30

Two state DLC like Arkansas and Louisiana is possible as bundle, but each team would need to sub-divide into smaller teams. Then at the end of production combined it.

Colorado or Utah size map bundles DLC very likely, but Texas size bundles very unlikely.

All plains state will be standalone, most
map DLC west of Mississippi will be standalone.
Sora

#5516 Post by Sora » 19 Nov 2021 08:28

I'm going to be blunt here: I know how many people here like box maps, but doing one vertical line at a time is really boring to me. You get one state and that's pretty much what the next two years are going to be about. Obviously there are differences between Colorado/Montana, or Oklahoma/Dakota, but the differences between east and west are more stark, and to that end I feel like it's better to alternate between the "Oklahoma" column (Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, Dakota) and the "Louisiana" column (Louisiana, Arkansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota) to keep new DLC feeling fresh.

In this specific case, Oklahoma is obviously priority one. I don't really care which happens between Louisiana or Kansas, but I'd prefer to get Arkansas before Nebraska and Missouri before the Dakotas.
flight50

#5517 Post by flight50 » 19 Nov 2021 10:59

@Sora yeahhh that’s a good way to phrase it. That’s what I’ve been trying to describe. Alternate the columns. Ok and Ks are cool after Montana. No problem. But start Louisiana after Kansas. Then go NB, AR, MO, IA, MS, Dakotas, AL, MN, Ga, IL, TN, WI, KY, FL, etc. something to that effect at least. Jumping around more ETS2 style keeps things fresher and more engaged with the environment.

That’s keeps more compact cities and road networks of the South in play while filling in the North and pushing East at the same time. I’d definitely rather see 2 columns developed vs one. With smaller states, the puzzle pieces spread out more. Not to mention 3 to 4 full sized map teams going with the 4 map leads we now have. All are capable of doing great work everywhere. Just don’t ever create a dlc that produce zero new companies and zero new industries at the same time. Now not all states can start a new industry. That’s understood but every state should at least have a new one off company as a state specific company. The coastal states have one off ports. Some states have airports as one offs. Every state has something to contribute.
Trucker Nik

#5518 Post by Trucker Nik » 19 Nov 2021 12:36

I would change the vote to 3 states in 2023, Louisiana Oklahoma and Arkansas, in the order in which I wrote them I think I will they come out
flight50

#5519 Post by flight50 » 19 Nov 2021 12:51

I won't change to a 3 state selection poll until we get confirmation that we have 3 map teams working 3 paid dlc's. I did the same before going to a 2 selection poll. We know how many map leads there are but until Texas releases, we don't know how SCS will split up the team. Either they stick with the current plan for 2 paid dlc's and have some go help rebuild the base map. Some to Montana to help it get out for 2022 and the remainder make up 2 teams to focus on paid dlc's. Or Pavel will put the Texas and Montana teams on 3 paid dlc's because its possible they hired more specifically for the base map rebuild. Once the base map is rebuilt and perhaps they sweep thru the paid dlc's for some tlc, then perhaps we could have 4 map teams going.

But I'm not jumping the gun until we have 3 paid dlc's announced at any given point. More than likely the polls won't go to 3 until late 2022 or any point in time in 2023 all for the 2024 selections. The polls are set up for the following year, not the current year we are in because we already know the states we are getting for the most part before the year we are in is over.
Graf_Boinenn

#5520 Post by Graf_Boinenn » 19 Nov 2021 16:19

Since Pavel wamts to reach the east coast -he mentioned it iirc-, my votes goes for OK and LA.

Return to “General discussion about the game”