North Dakota
9%
Illinois
16%

Total votes: 523

Vinnie Terranova

Re: Poll: Choose (2) States you would like to see next

#5081 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 23 Mar 2021 19:31

AI - Artificial Intelligence. AI traffic means all the cars, trucks, busses/coaches, pedestrians, trains, airplanes, etc, that are not controlled by the player (you) but by the game itself.
flight50

#5082 Post by flight50 » 23 Mar 2021 20:07

I think he might have thought the I was a L perhaps. The capitol I (eye) does look like a lower case L. I hate it too, lol. It sometimes looks like the number 1.
Bob123412

#5083 Post by Bob123412 » 23 Mar 2021 20:13

So I copy and pasted what they wrote and uppercased it. They did indeed think we were saying AL not Ai
interstate trav

#5084 Post by interstate trav » 23 Mar 2021 23:42

Ok thank you, I honestly thought someone was goi;g to joke with me that I didn’t know and I tried to google it but flight50 said it best that I thought it was a L but lowercase and it gets confusing and I read posts with it, and 5en feel stupid because I don’t know what that means.

So basically AI or ai is how they control the traffic. I’m guessing to get more traffic in cities it would require a lot more from a computer, now I wouldn’t mind it, but Southern California is a parking lot most the time, if you head north on the 5 or 14 out of Los Angeles it’s slow, the 10 east is stopped, the 15 is slow all the way to Las Vegas, and basically everyone will want the bypasses because there is so much traffic. Getting through Los Angeles will take a long time.

For the realistic feel I can understand but I’m sure some will want to turn it off because it will add a lot to your drive time. Still is cool though
joschac2

#5085 Post by joschac2 » 23 Mar 2021 23:57

Needs a redo, AI can't handle low traffic, yet alone busy traffic
flight50

#5086 Post by flight50 » 24 Mar 2021 00:17

interstate trav wrote: 23 Mar 2021 23:42 So basically AI or ai is how they control the traffic. I’m guessing to get more traffic in cities it would require a lot more from a computer,
Well the ai is the traffic. Anything in the environment that is not us that is active is the ai. AI is basically the computer having the smarts to interact with the environment on its own without our input. They program it to do whatever. We are just asking for better programming because the ai is not so smart. Some people irl aren't either but thats a different story, lol.

In regards to requiring more computer........well yes and no. There are some pretty decent traffic mods out there that do a good job. Now you do need a computer than can handle the load but it also depends on what mods the traffic mods is compatible with. Some traffic mods do great with just controlling SCS traffic. Throw in mods like JazzyCat with traffic mods and yeah, now you can get some issues. Now if SCS does what some of these traffic mods do, they will do a much better job because they can provide better programming and better optimizing for it. I do look forward to seeing what they can do but I think the proper way to create busy is with the clock. Just like the sun rises and sets based on time, so should heavy to low traffic along with everything in between.

The environmental sounds should also be based on time and not necessarily only location. The ambient sounds that can be provided thru out the game shouldn't be a constant thing. It should be progressive.
interstate trav

#5087 Post by interstate trav » 24 Mar 2021 00:33

Wow what can they not do. I’m always laughing at how much they can do.

I actually when I’m on the 15 going his isn’t realistic in real life people drive 80 atleast and there are people in the fast lane going under 55. Lol attention to detail.
Bob123412

#5088 Post by Bob123412 » 24 Mar 2021 07:09

Ai stupid and IRL Stupid is a different kind of stupid. Plus in the real world people actually drive badly differently in different locations. Depending on what state your the driving habits actually change. I believe that's partly due to variations in laws and road design and partly due to the fact that people tend to follow their peers so people in certain areas see others driving a certain way and thus they drive that same way.

Traffic does have an effect on performance. I remember back when i got my first laptop which was just a potato that i had plugged a monitor into, the only game I had was GTA IV. My potato could barley run that game at lowest settings and I think I only got 20 FPS. There was a setting in the menu where you could change Traffic density. I remember cranking it up to max and my frame rate dropped significantly simply due to the Higher volume of render objects.

Personally I think, once they repair the Ai so it can function a bit more realistic, they should implement traffic density in the following way. Add a slider for the actual density itself Light - Heavy. Then, add a toggle box for realistic. If the realistic is off, traffic would spawn the same way it spawns now, with the spawn rate modified solely based on the slider position. With realistic mode on traffic spawn rates (and destinations/spawn points) would change based on the time of day, day of the week and location.
joschac2

#5089 Post by joschac2 » 24 Mar 2021 12:52

If people do something dumb in IRL. People try to get out of the way, quickly change lanes to get away, back off each other. That doesn't happen in game, they just crash into each other

AI needs to get off the line and have a mesh AI network

Mergeing and Avg traffic should be like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qABCIG5Erk
clifflandmark

#5090 Post by clifflandmark » 24 Mar 2021 15:23

is that you driving ? There are dumber(dangerous) things drivers do. I'm %100 sure, these things can not simulated by AI. :D neither mistakes nor reactions.

https://www.reddit.com/link/mc9cla/vide ... p61/player
Last edited by clifflandmark on 24 Mar 2021 16:03, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “General discussion about the game”