North Dakota
9%
Illinois
16%

Total votes: 502

Tristman

Re: Poll: Choose (2) States you would like to see next

#5361 Post by Tristman » 14 Sep 2021 19:13

I really hope we have dedicated car haulers by the time we reach Michigan. Would be awesome to have a much improved car industry by that time.
clifflandmark

#5362 Post by clifflandmark » 14 Sep 2021 19:44

Bedavd wrote: 14 Sep 2021 17:30
Oklahoma push east North Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, then the beautiful, wonderful, and industrious state of Michigan. After that who cares because what else do you need???
fantastic idea :mrgreen: I could support if you did not put Oklahoma :D Great Lakes Region asap.
flight50

#5363 Post by flight50 » 14 Sep 2021 20:29

Tristam-94 wrote: 14 Sep 2021 19:13 I really hope we have dedicated car haulers by the time we reach Michigan. Would be awesome to have a much improved car industry by that time.
Why wait that long? That could happen much sooner. Detroit isn't the only city that makes cars. Not to mention ports. If we can get ports with cars being imported on the coast, that could prompt for a revamped car industry.
Tristman

#5364 Post by Tristman » 14 Sep 2021 20:35

Oh I completely agree. The car industry is the industry I would most like to see represented personally.
There are plenty of opportunities for SCS to work on it (many plants/ports in the southern US), but I'm not keeping my fingers crossed for Texas to feature an improved automotive industry yet.
I'm just saying, by the time we arrive in Michigan, there should be no reason for the car industry to be underdeveloped.
flight50

#5365 Post by flight50 » 14 Sep 2021 21:30

Well yeah I could agree there. No excuses by time Michigan comes. I like the Iberia May 5th blog from last year. That gave me hope for ATS. The industry can definitely be more than it is. We'll see how things play out.
AlexxxF1

#5366 Post by AlexxxF1 » 14 Sep 2021 22:02

I don't know, unlike most, I really look forward to the states of the Great Plains.
I very want get Kansas, Nebraska, get more I-80.
long roads, and open spaces. it will really be something new in ATS.
where you can take a break from the big hills and mountains. feel the space around, not the corridor.
I really love US-385 road in western Colorado or part I-80 in Utah across Bonneville Salt Flats.
many people think they will be boring, but in fact they will be beautiful in their own way.
plinio.lisboa.br

#5367 Post by plinio.lisboa.br » 14 Sep 2021 22:06

Detroit would be magnificent. One of my favorite American places. Maybe because I'm such a fan, my whole life, of Ford cars, Ford tractors, Ford trucks. They are very common equipment in Brazil. And for a long time we had American Ford factories in Brazil. So there is a great identity of Brazilians (majority) with Ford, GM, Chevrolet... basically that would be it.

So definitely the Michigan state map for these lands will be very well appreciated as well as the Florida state map, New York state, Massachusetts, Tennessee, Texas. These states arouse interests here in Brazil for different reasons, in different types of people. I could also name the states that have already been built such as: California, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada and Utah.

Colorado state, "colorado colorido", was once very popular in the 1970s and 1980s, when the city of Aspen was routinely featured in newspaper travel reports, TV reports, and the like. And it came back a little in the media due to the success of an American football team in the state, and also because the best player on this team is married to a Brazilian. But nothing comparable in terms of media to Aspen in the past.

The state of Wyoming is not that popular, people here know much more about Yellowstone National Park and the geysers, geysers as attractions, that exist there, but the state is not very popular. Most people if you asked them on the street, they wouldn't know how to answer; '' in which state is most of Yellowstone National Park. So definitely these two states would have a good repercussion here in terms of merchandising, so to speak. This is already happening with the DLC WYOMING is being very well publicized here in Brazil, newspapers and game commentators.

So a significant portion of the Brazilian Youth Society is getting to know the American geography better through the American Truck Simulator.
flight50

#5368 Post by flight50 » 14 Sep 2021 22:22

plinio.lisboa.br wrote: 14 Sep 2021 22:06 getting to know the American geography better through the American Truck Simulator.
Funny you say that because before I started playing, I didn't know much beyond the few places I have traveled. Now with ATS, I'm learning a ton more roads, geography and industries. Learning what I can take me to get from Texas to anywhere West of it. I don't know the East beyond I-20 to I-49 to I-10 to the panhandle of Florida and then I-30 to Little Rock and then I-40 to Memphis. But in due time, I will become quite familiar with the Midwest and Northeast region as SCS grows. Same with ProMods Canada. They create learning up there for me.

ATS is like a virtual atlas for me with fun gameplay. I've gotten involved to the point that I could call it a hobby learning trucking and industry.
Bedavd

#5369 Post by Bedavd » 14 Sep 2021 22:56

It's happened a few times, particularly in a city like Seattle where so much of the population moved here from elsewhere, that I'll run into someone who will say "oh I'm from a small town in Idaho" and I'll ask about some obscure city that happens to be scenic in ATS and they're like "how the heck do you know about McCall??"
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
plinio.lisboa.br

#5370 Post by plinio.lisboa.br » 14 Sep 2021 23:51

@flight50
I agree with your statement that games are like interactive atlases it is possible to learn a lot about many things geology, vegetation, climatology, economics. and it is also possible to see how other countries are in the infrastructure.

Return to “General discussion about the game”