North Dakota
9%
Illinois
16%

Total votes: 502

IamTheOne

Re: Poll: Choose (2) States you would like to see next

#5401 Post by IamTheOne » 18 Sep 2021 20:19

flight50 wrote: 17 Sep 2021 02:18 Honestly, I think that 2030 goal is too optimistic. That is basically 8 years from now. Texas nor Montana are released and there is a lot more to go. In half that time.....4 years from now, that won't even be a whole 1/3 knocked out. In 4 years, we just might be 55-60% done.
With all due respect to SCS, they're going to have to ask themselves if players are going to want to stay along for the ride for another 8 years. We don't even know when Montana will release, and so who knows how long the other states will take to develop?

We can't expect SCS to finish only part of the continental United States and call it a day, but can we expect players to stay around until the very end?
IvanKuz

#5402 Post by IvanKuz » 18 Sep 2021 21:08

IamTheOne wrote: 18 Sep 2021 20:19but can we expect players to stay around until the very end?
What else are they going to do? It's not like anyone is offering a better alternative with a complete North America to drive through out there.
People have waited 8 years for Iberia, and they are still waiting for the remaining half of Europe, and the game is still popular. It will be the same for ATS. As more map expansions are added, for every person who abandons the game, another one discovers it and comes onboard.
supersobes
Global moderator

#5403 Post by supersobes » 18 Sep 2021 21:41

Unless another publisher comes out with a groundbreaking truck simulator that has lots of trucks and maps and really in-depth simulator-like gameplay, I don't think the majority of ATS players will be going anywhere anytime soon. Many of the people here have been here for years, and likely will continue to be here to see the map be finished. Yes, there are people who come and go, but there will always be that part of the playerbase who are invested into the game and who will be here until the game is complete or until something significantly better comes along. I've been playing SCS truck sims for over five years now, and many people have been here a lot longer than I have. If SCS was able to retain us as players for that long, I think they'll be able to keep doing that as long as they keep improving the game, adding more trucks, and adding more maps.
flight50

#5404 Post by flight50 » 18 Sep 2021 23:07

I have to agree 100% with IvanKuz and supersobes. I've seen that theory tossed around a lot that oeople will become less interested. Although that is true, not enough will leave to become a factor. But its really only said by those that I honesty think speak for themselves because they might not be interested that far ahead. ETS2 is still around and still going strong despite the less quality in earlier maps...but they are getting reworked.

More will come for sure but I think the more SCS updates/upgrades, the more attention comes SCS's way. As long as ATS brings in more than it takes to make it, its profitable.
55sixxx

#5405 Post by 55sixxx » 19 Sep 2021 00:10

Next year ETS2 turns 10 years old and i have been playing that game since the release and i bought every single map expansion so far because i still want to see the whole map finished (Especially Ireland and Northern Scandinavia). And before that i played ETS1 and before i played all of the 18WoS series... My point is that, true fans will stick around, i may have started to be an "active" community member just last year but I've got years and years of history with SCS games. And some might call me crazy or delusional, but, SCS has grown massively these last years and they are still growing which makes me believe that it's very possible that we may see the whole continental US completed in or around 2030 (No Alaska or Hawaii). (My map concepts base on the worst case scenario, so that's why they go all the way to 2035).
flight50

#5406 Post by flight50 » 19 Sep 2021 06:47

Worse case, I like 2035 much better than 2030. Its just too early to judge a completion for 2030. Whether they bundle or not, they won't rush a dlc. The smaller the state, the more need for a bundle. I still like 2 release periods a year though to keep stress down on the devs, the beta testers and modders. The more updates SCS does, the more they have to test internally, closed beta and open beta. If ATS can stick to Summer and Winter and get two dlc's but increase to bundled dlc's instead to increase production, that to me still seems like the best idea. If ATS goes to 3 solo map releases, SCS still has to do a huge ETS2 map. That would make 4 big map releases a year when they can just do 3. (2) of them being for Xmas like in past years but for both games. ATS can go bundled for the Summer releases.

So (2) states for the Summer and (1) state for the Winter. Now this is after Texas and Montana releases. So perhaps 2023. If we could get Texas and Montana for 2022, that setups up 2023 with nothing but smaller states left. I like Oklahoma, Louisiana and Arkansas fitting that bill still for 2023. Get that road network going and the diversity beyond just Great Plains. Surround Texas and provide a wide base (stacked state options) for 2024. 2024, would be nice for Kansas, Missouri and Mississippi. 2025, Nebraska, Iowa and Alabama. This is if we get solo states. Bundled states I'm still liking LA/AR, MS/AL, GA/FL for whenever they are ready to release.

Whatever they do, yeah, there will be loyal fans that hang around for sure. Many of us want to see completed maps for both games. 10 years is a lonnnng time. The way SCS structured their games, allows them to update the games easily vs coming out with a new installment every year or two. Its easy to get involved and the dlc's are cheap. I still don't see why people complain about ATS map prices. Even if ATS will be more expensive in the long run, we are still only buying 2 maybe 3 dlc's a year. That is $24-36 USD/EU. Whoopie doo, SCS just broke my bank account for an entire year......not, lol.
VTXcnME

#5407 Post by VTXcnME » 19 Sep 2021 10:41

I'm really hoping once they clear the mississippi river, we see bundled states twice a year. States get smaller the further east you go... TN/KY, OH/IN, VA/WV, GA/FL. Landmass wise, most of those combos are same or smaller than the larger western blocks. I'm hoping Texas and Montana are the slow times, The Dakotas are similarly sized to the western states, so those might be slower to release... Once SCS hits Louisiana forward the pace increases to three states a year, on their way to 4 or 6 states a year with bundling.

I know Pavel has indicated a desire to push east (across the I-10 corridor it seems) but I think finishing out the western big blocks first making a giant sqare/rectangle of the west makes sense, then hitting the smaller states at full speed with more rapid fire releases (the above mentioned 4 to 6 states, depending on bundling). It's gonna get mighty boring running the same I-10 back and forth from the east coast to the western block as it sits now.
Trucker_Tommy

#5408 Post by Trucker_Tommy » 19 Sep 2021 10:52

All states until we get to the east coast and up into New England will in my opinion be single state releases.
Vinnie Terranova

#5409 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 19 Sep 2021 12:30

I also hope to get single state DLCs; I'd rather have 4 single state DLCs than 2 double state DLCs per year.
xXCARL1992Xx

#5410 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 19 Sep 2021 12:33

this wont happen, the moment the states get smaller they will be bundled just like in ETS2 or else we will start to get prices from everything up to 12$
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]

Return to “General discussion about the game”