North Dakota
9%
Illinois
16%

Total votes: 520

VTXcnME

Re: Poll: Choose (2) States you would like to see next

#5501 Post by VTXcnME » 18 Nov 2021 11:19

I voted AR and LA. They are smaller and would be easier to knock out at once to increase the "states per year" as indicated a goal for SCS. It also starts the push to East Coast (another goal of SCS). It gives them a lot of new terrain and map assets that don't necessarily exist now (Bayou type assets) that will be used across the rest of the southeastern corridor.

After that, up would make sense: OK, KS, NE, SD/ND type move. It would leave the other team (teams?) pushing east with MS/AL/GA/FL.

I think we're gonna end up with an L again before US is completely filled in. Just the way of it, unless they commit to filling the rows across the US. I believe it's been indicated previously (a couple times) that the east coast push was a priority.
flight50

#5502 Post by flight50 » 18 Nov 2021 12:27

Some fashion of a L shape is okay. As long as it's not the L of before in 2017 when NM released. That burned a lot of people out. I changed the way I play for sure.

AR/LA before OK can't really happen. That puts a C shaped gap in the map when they can avoid it. Severing I-40 wouldn't be ideal. They'd avoid that. But of course, I add states for people to choose as they wish. At the end of the day, SCS factors in a lot and will probably go about building the map differently now.

After Montana, the states are pretty much half the size of the West. I think those days of getting large chunks of interstate gaps can be over. With 3 map teams going after Texas/Montana, the states will seem like they flying off the shelf. Get the rebuilds done and we either get 4 teams or make the 3 teams a tad larger. If they spread things out for ATS, that's every 4 months we get a map vs every 6 month....give or take a little. Texas throws a monkey wrench in this. The required resources eats into dev time and limitations.
hangman005

#5503 Post by hangman005 » 18 Nov 2021 13:17

I'd got OK, KS, third would be LA, then AR then NE The question then comes MO or the Dakaotas
Marcello Julio

#5504 Post by Marcello Julio » 18 Nov 2021 14:07

Oklahoma and Kansas is also my vote. In the sense of getting to the East Coast, it makes the most sense. Or, SCS intends make the Dakotas after the Montana team completes its work and Kansas would not be the second option.
harishw8r

#5505 Post by harishw8r » 18 Nov 2021 14:49

Dakotas!? Don’t even think about it. They have to do Oklahoma, Kansas and Nebraska first, in this order. Pretty sure SCS won’t take this route.

My guess would be this: After Oklahoma, we would see two-state DLCs. The following sequence should give a decent shaped map upon every addition:
Arkansas, Louisiana
Kansas, Nebraska
Mississippi, Alabama
Missouri, Iowa
Georgia, Florida
The Dakotas

After these DLCs (roughly 2026) there might be three-state expansions, further accelerating the process.
angrybirdseller

#5506 Post by angrybirdseller » 18 Nov 2021 15:16

They will likely bundle smaller states, but I see Kentucky, Indiana, Ohio that is too much for one team to handle, but Kentucky and Tennessee is doable. Further east less backroads far more highways and interstates it will look like Iberia map with freeway density.
flight50

#5507 Post by flight50 » 18 Nov 2021 15:27

hangman005 wrote: 18 Nov 2021 13:17 I'd got OK, KS, third would be LA, then AR then NE The question then comes MO or the Dakaotas
I rather MO before Dakotas. Missouri is more marketable. Dakota's need to be combined to be equal. Missouri boxes and extends East. It allows Iowa to make a better box. Iowa brings I-29, more I-80 and the world famous Iowa 80. I-29 makes Dakota's relevant for North to South. Just East to West forces back road travel and not everyone likes that.
nautofon

#5508 Post by nautofon » 18 Nov 2021 16:11

I'm slightly tempted to vote for Kansas and Arkansas next :D ;)
For driving without GPS navigation:  ATS Company/Facility Directory — C/FD
CodArk2

#5509 Post by CodArk2 » 18 Nov 2021 20:24

I voted for Oklahoma and Kansas as the next states for 2023. If they start doing a third state then my vote would go for Nebraska after Kansas.

I would prefer that they knock the Great Plains out now, then they can move into the midwest and south. I do think people are exaggerating the boringness of these states to a degree based on stereotypes. There are interesting things to see and explore in states like Kansas and Nebraska and the Dakotas, it's not JUST flat boring farmland. They are states with a low population that SCS can likely build build quickly since there are only a couple of larger cities, and that will allow SCS to go into the high population Great Lakes region quickly if they want to. The b-line to Florida people seem to want to go to Florida then up the east coast which will create a U shaped map which is just as bad as a C or L shaped map. The Great Plains also have a lot of farming and other industries.

Oklahoma MUST be in place before Arkansas is. There is no way that Arkansas would work as a state coming from the west without Oklahoma because over half of the state's population and 9/10ths of its biggest cities are along the I-49 and I-40 corridors.To go from Fayetteville or Fort Smith without Oklahoma would require always going through Texas on every trip to go to say Colorado or Washington and that would get boring and unrealistic in a hurry. I won't start voting for Arkansas until Oklahoma is conformed to be coming.

I still don't think its time to be combining states into single DLCs, maybe when we get east of the Mississippi or along the eastern seaboard I can see it, when you get states too small to fit more than a hand full of cities, but all of the states west of the Mississippi could pretty easily be standalone: they have the size, cities and industries, and all of them have some pretty unique geography. its once you get east that the focus will be more not eh cities and les son the landscapes as things become similar looking outside of the Appalachian mountain range.
Grizzly

#5510 Post by Grizzly » 18 Nov 2021 22:29

I went for KS and OK because it just makes sense but really after Montana is done we'll have a big ole chuck of map to play with and I don't really mind where they go after that, I wouldn't mind if they made a beeline for FL.

Return to “General discussion about the game”