North Dakota
9%
Illinois
16%

Total votes: 523

oldmanclippy

Re: Poll: Choose (2) States you would like to see next

#5261 Post by oldmanclippy » 22 Jun 2021 13:46

I'm not really concerned either about the difficulty of combining road density with flat vistas. SCS has shown they have enough tools in the toolbox and tricks up their sleeve to pull it off. The great plains will present a net boost in productivity potential over the labor intensive mountainous regions for sure.

And yes, we really do need more farms. Wind farms, crop farms, cattle ranches, all of them. My favorite depots in SCS games are agricultural ones. SCS has enough skill with the map editor to make it seem as if you're really far off the interstate/route when you're actually not, and that does wonders for the immersion level of the game. I want to feel like I'm in the middle of nowhere for some deliveries.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
flight50

#5262 Post by flight50 » 22 Jun 2021 15:29

The mountains are definitely time consuming. Not everyone is good at mountain scapes but pretty much everyone can do flat terrain design. You don't have to be the best of the crop there. So the bandwidth really increases for the GP states. Even the cities won't be to bad. You only need 1 good city builder to do the 2-3 midsized type cities. Other than that, most can probably pull off a Tonopah or Jackpot.

Yesss, I think agriculture is the key for the GP. I really hope a farming cargo dlc can come by the time we get Oklahoma or Kansas worse case. We get a huge variety in trailer usage. Hoppers, Livestock, flatbeds, stepdecks (hopefully), double step deck, lowboys for HH/ST, vans, tankers and dumpers. Heck that is pretty much everything but the frac tanks, lol. If we can get farming based on regions, that adds to the company diversity. Texas and Oklahoma are in the South region where as Kansas, Nebraska, Dakotas, Iowa...are in the Midwest. Then Wyoming, Colorado, Montana and a small portion of New Mexico is all in the West. If we could get new farming companies per region, that would add diversity and more appeal to ATS. Finally bring in groceries please. Walmart isn't the only grocery store and major of them are super stores. We need some dedicated grocery stores. Albertson, Kroger for national. Regional Subway, Winn Dixie, Publix, Super Foods, etc. More new crops to the game should come to increase the usage of pretty much all trailers but the growth in new companies have to come with it.
Vinnie Terranova

#5263 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 22 Jun 2021 17:42

Why do you think mountains are time consuming? I think SCS already has some employees that have a lot of experience with creating mountains.
flight50

#5264 Post by flight50 » 22 Jun 2021 19:17

Which scene looks like it took longer to finalize? Add that up times (x) amount of miles/km. Yes they have a few guys that are great at landscaping but it takes time put it all together. They have a tool to do most of the work but they still have to shape it. If you had to do a mountain scene from I-15 in Utah to Denver (500 miles) vs mapping from El Paso to Dallas/Ft.Worth (584 miles), imagine who'd finish first.
A
[ external image ]

B
[ external image ]
Shiva

#5265 Post by Shiva » 22 Jun 2021 20:30

B should be slower.
But wich 1 takes most space?
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
angrybirdseller

#5266 Post by angrybirdseller » 22 Jun 2021 20:34

The states like Nebraska will be some work not all flat like people believe the elevation gradually become lower further east you go. The farming methods change further east you as there more rain and precipitation along with more water and rivers to deal with. The pivot irrigation in Colorado that fades out further east get into Nebraska and the great plains states you get more foliage diversity.

Think the next 12-24 months its Oklahoma, Montana and Texas and base map upgrade. Only when Texas is completed and Pavel talks get idea what they will do.
xXCARL1992Xx

#5267 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 22 Jun 2021 20:35

doing A is harder because you cant do shortcuts, you HAVE to display everything, on B you can hide a massive hole behind the mountain, so A needs more testing to see the limits
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
flight50

#5268 Post by flight50 » 22 Jun 2021 21:50

I didn't say anything about hard. I said time consuming. With A you have cutplanes you can do to hide as well. The detailing is easily applied with brush strokes over a massive area consistently. Its more symmetrical vs asymmetrical an the mapper doesn't have to second guess himself/herself much to capture the scene with A.
CodArk2

#5269 Post by CodArk2 » 23 Jun 2021 00:24

Nebraska isn't as flat or boring as most think it is: Empty fields take more space to make them look realistic, and the ares with lots of wide open fields I will expect to have less density in cities and roads because more space is needed to et things looking realistic. And mountains are not neceessarily harder to do its the exposed Rocky Mountains that are harder to do but we don't't have too many of those left: Wyoming, Montana, Western Texas, parts of Nebraska and South Dakota and that's it. the next Mountain ranges we would run into would be in Okalahoma, Arkansas and Missouri and those mountains are completely different types of mountains because they are almost completely forest covered (with a few notable exceptions). Same applies to the mountains in Minnesota and Michigan, as well as to the Appalachians and Adirondacks and others.They will have a much easier time building those mountains than the ones in the west.

The tree walls will also help a TON with density. States like Arkansas, Tennessee and Georgia will be much easier to build than states like Colorado, Washington and Utah. I expect that states east of Texas will come out standalone but will be denser, yet still come out at a similar to now or more rapid clip because the landscapes are easier to build with than what we have in the west and Great Plains.
flight50

#5270 Post by flight50 » 23 Jun 2021 21:09

I just had a fun idea in regards to the next state and there after. Below is a price speculation map. Keep in mind, this is not official as its fan generated/fan speculated. Not to mention, this is my guess and how I view the map. Everyone will have their own thoughts and opinions but this is mine. The map is not complete with prices and that is on purpose. The map has what's free and what's released. Along with that is what I think prices should be for future content. There are also a few bundle dlc that I think are possible or that make sense to me. Again, I am not completing this at this time on purpose. I'm just sharing a few thoughts. Mainly thinking about people who think every ATS dlc will be $11.99. I think there are a few tiers for SCS to consider when it comes to pricing though.

[ external image ]

Return to “General discussion about the game”