Colorado
6%
Oklahoma
1%

Total votes: 206

GT182

Re: Poll: Choose the State you would like to see next

#101 Post by GT182 » 10 Nov 2017 19:25

Believe me... you don't want to see anyplace in NYC. Especially Manhatten, Queens, and the Bronx. The rest of the State is much better. The farter north the better.
Truck it, don't Track it!

flight50

#102 Post by flight50 » 10 Nov 2017 19:43

Agreed about NY. There is no place to drive in real life. Everyone walks or take public transportation. Passenger vehicle rule the streets there. The streets are way to congested. Granted in ATS it will be nothing like real life though. The strip in Vegas is very very busy and in ATS, it's a breeze. But Manhattan is asking for a headache, lol. Going East from where the map currently is, will make the map very very linear. Something most people don't want. We want more of a box style. Box style the West and then sweep East. The Western states may be boring but they are essential to completing the map. Plus since there isn't much to the Western Mountain states compared to non-mountainous states, it should allow SCS to complete them just a fast as a smaller Eastern state. The next several years will be interesting to see how they develop the map. By the time SCS gets to the Mid West, they will have more staff than what they have now and more experience behind it all. So several states can be done a regions.
LOOKING TO BUY AN SKRS SHIFTER?
DO NOT BUY FROM CSIO TECHNOLOGIES

They'll take your payment immediately yet they show no signs of fulfilling orders,
I ordered mine July 6, 2017 and they WILL NOT communicate with me at all!
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

GT182

#103 Post by GT182 » 10 Nov 2017 20:09

If ATS gets any bigger SCS will need a new game engine in order to handle everything, and do proper upgrades. I have a fairly good gaming computer and I get a little lag now and then. Its ATS not the computer doing it.

"Granted in ATS it will be nothing like real life though."

It's nothing like real life now. And I'm not talking about the street traffic. Don't get me going on what's wrong with ATS or I'll be writing a book. ;) LOL I'll start a Poll and let SCS see what everyone really thinks. ;) Like I've said to them... use Google Earth to see what real is over their Hollywood style ATS "Simulation".
Truck it, don't Track it!

CARL1992

#104 Post by CARL1992 » 10 Nov 2017 20:10

you dont need a new engine for it

the game only loads what you see, so even if the whole US is ingame the performance will be the same as it is now
Xbox 360 (CARL1992) ; Xbox One (CARL1992) ; PC (Windows 10)
Intel Core i5 6600K - Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming SLI - Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Ultra Gaming - 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3000
Samsung Evo 850 SSD (250GB) - Western Digital Blue WD10JPVX (1TB)

bobgrey1997

#105 Post by bobgrey1997 » 11 Nov 2017 00:19

They do use Google Earth. They don't recreate every single detail though, as that would require a 1:1 scale, and that is simply not possible with today's technology. Not even Google Earth has every detail. The majority of it is low-res and blury, it shows no traffic (anything that was moving at the time of the satellite scan is simply not showing), and many places are still just a 2-D image.
ImageImage

flight50

#106 Post by flight50 » 11 Nov 2017 00:50

I agree. It is a proximity loading game. I use to wonder how they would pull off the entire US map, thinking that eventually it would bring on the need for loading screens like in ETS2. Really the only reason ETS2 has it is because of the ferry. So in part, SCS I am sure allows ETS2 to load in parts because of the ferry. But perhaps SCS may still have to split up the US once 1/2 of it is complete possibly or not. If they get to Canada and Mexico, splitting ATS up into 3 maps and load at the borders only could work. This is how my gps Garmin has to work. There is too much information for it to read the entire US, so it only loads in regions. Plus my garmin is limited in how many regions can be installed on it at a time so I can't even get the entire US map on it at once. It just won't fit.
LOOKING TO BUY AN SKRS SHIFTER?
DO NOT BUY FROM CSIO TECHNOLOGIES

They'll take your payment immediately yet they show no signs of fulfilling orders,
I ordered mine July 6, 2017 and they WILL NOT communicate with me at all!
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Hell_Raiser

#107 Post by Hell_Raiser » 11 Nov 2017 01:01

It shouldn't matter how big the map is, all unused sectors are stored on the drive, only a small part of the map is ever on the ram at a given time, so size limits won't be an issue. I have never played ETS2 but to my knowledge, the only time you have loading screens is while crossing the English Channel, and that is so they didn't have to map the whole channel and script the crossing in with physics enabled and worry about players driving off ferries or some random glitch throwing things in the air. From a hardware standpoint there is no reason for loading screens in either game.

TurboTrucker7

#108 Post by TurboTrucker7 » 11 Nov 2017 20:00

Hi All! I've been an ATS and ETS2 player for quite some time now, and lately i decided to join the SCS forum.

In the poll i voted for Utah, for many reasons. First it has a good number of connections with both Nevada and Arizona, and this is positive, since you can explore and discover a good number of different routes to reach cities on the current map, including New Mexico. In this way, you avoid going through the same old roads. Moreover, the road network is not particularly large, so probably big portions of the map will be empty, which means that developing time could be decreased (even though it is not an easy state to create at all, for what i saw there are really wonderful landscapes in Utah, with a lot of details to be reproduced).

Regarding the map expansion strategy, if i were SCS, i would do Utah and Colorado in 2018 in order to square the map, like other users have suggested in previous messages. Then i will proceed with the North-West part of U.S.A. with Oregon, Wyoming, Washington and a Idaho-Montana combo. An alternative way would be to use a sort of diagonal approach, so do Oregon, Utah, Colorado, Texas, then go with Washington, Idaho, Kansas + Oklahoma and so on, in order to take advantage of the "aging effect" of map dlcs. I honestly think that the first idea is better. Obviously, there are other solutions like going only in East direction, but i'm not a huge fan of driving Coast to Coast :lol: .

bagnome

#109 Post by bagnome » 12 Nov 2017 01:02

Honestly, I'm excited about when SCS eventually gets around to Texas. Mainly because I want to see if they make a parody of the Texan convenience store chain Buc-ee's.

And the newest Buc-ee's in Katy:

Last edited by bagnome on 12 Nov 2017 15:30, edited 1 time in total.

bobgrey1997

#110 Post by bobgrey1997 » 12 Nov 2017 04:43

That is the largest gas station I have ever seen. Why is it so big? Surely with the amount of gas stations, they never actually have enough customers at any one to need such a huge place.
ImageImage

Return to “General discussion about game”