Colorado
6%
Oklahoma
1%

Total votes: 206

Hell_Raiser

Re: Poll: Choose the State you would like to see next

#121 Post by Hell_Raiser » 12 Nov 2017 20:12

Well if you look closely in New Mexico, I think you might find a generic Whataburger ;)

ShirBlackspots

#122 Post by ShirBlackspots » 12 Nov 2017 21:01

@Hell_Raiser: That's apparently not a Whataburger, its a Lotaburger (probably some locally owned joint)
ETS2 Map Combo: ProMods, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, Southern Region, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map, Italy Map
ATS Map Combo: Viva Mexico, Coast to Coast, Project West, CanaDream, RickPP's I-10 ATS

bagnome

#123 Post by bagnome » 13 Nov 2017 01:33

I also want to drive down SH-130 with that sweet, sweet 85 MPH limit.

flight50

#124 Post by flight50 » 13 Nov 2017 05:29

matt1982 wrote:
12 Nov 2017 10:44
i voted texas mainly because I think with the texas dlc it would be good time to add cattle ranches and livestock trailers hopefully buy our own trailers update will be out before this dlc
Although I reside in Texas, it was not my choice. Mainly because how long it will take and that the West is still incomplete. But I do like the fact of farming possibilities and ranches. A bit more off-roading to ranches besides mining and construction camps. A good chance to introduce the meat processing industry. Live animals to processing facility on one side of prefab. Ship out to the consumer market on the other side of the prefab. Just as they did with NM new prefabs. Kill two birds with one prefab. So SCS can give us those new industry related trailers for sure. As of now, mods are giving us livestock trailers.
Hell_Raiser wrote:
12 Nov 2017 15:18
I am pretty confident we will have NYC if NY is added. It most certainly won't be realistic, but it is one of the most iconic cities in America, and a lot of people are obsessed with it. There is no way they could add NY without NYC and not get lots of complaints, plus most major cities don't have anything but box trucks delivering downtown, but we still get those cities in the game.
I have to agree that it is too iconic to not do. But it will definitely be watered down. But I can actually see this being one of the larger city's in a little more detail than others. NYC itself is nothing but skyscrapers so actually it will be much easier for SCS to populate. Modeling and texturing buildings would mean much less vegetation to do. Most of the cities in the East could be done like this. The larger/taller the buildings, the more empty space that can go unaccounted behind them and that, saves time. But Mpuone has a point. Some of the large cities on the West coast just did drive around. All large cities to come could be done in a similar fashion. It will be interesting to see how they do metropolises with the way they are doing things nowadays. Cities that are surrounded by beltways/highways have to at the least have those beltways. This will give the greatest impression of that city. Houston's beltways and Dallas/Ft.Worth metropolis will definitely challenge SCS up in regards to the first of their kinda if SCS does indeed go Texas sooner than later.

I know there are many that want to go coast to coast but the issue doing so sweeping South is that the path is way too linear right now. If the states were double stacked at least going coast to coast, it would be much easier to cope with as the liner path can be more diverse. But a single states path to the East would get very boring and I see more complaints coming with that. Getting an external team to focus on that would be more feasible as SCS builds out in a box style going West to East.
Hell_Raiser wrote:
12 Nov 2017 15:18
I am pretty confident we will have NYC if NY is added. It most certainly won't be realistic, but it is one of the most iconic cities in America, and a lot of people are obsessed with it. There is no way they could add NY without NYC and not get lots of complaints, plus most major cities don't have anything but box trucks delivering downtown, but we still get those cities in the game.
Not even the same, lol. Whataburger is an iconic Orange and White triangular structured building. They can call it what ever as the fake name but as long as the shape replicates, fans of it know exactly what it is, lol. They might even have to change the color to like White and Red or something to prevent getting sued that way as well.

After looking at Squirrel's video when he was at SCS for the NM publishing, he did mention that Pavel hinted at what state will be next. During that visit he did a tour and he talked to many of the ATS team members; the programmers, the map team, the asset team, etc to see what all they were working on. He said that he has to put all of his recordings together and hopefully upload them this up coming week. In one of those segments is when he said that Pavel hinted what's next. I am sure it is one of the top 3 states in the poll. I know several want Oregon to get out of the desert. Well guess what, Eastern Oregon is desert so we still won't get out of it, lol. Everyone is assuming Oregon due to one of the resent blogs in that covered signage. This would make one heck of a "L" shaped map without much diversity to route thru a bordering state if it is indeed Oregon. Utah is only a prayer as of now to get that box style going. Eventually the West will get done so we will just have to bare with SCS and take what they give us. I sure hope this poll helps that decision process along with RTobi's and pvan's threads. Singles states, adjacent state structuring and regional state structuring all should be taken in consideration from these (3) threads.
Last edited by flight50 on 13 Nov 2017 18:40, edited 1 time in total.
LOOKING TO BUY AN SKRS SHIFTER?
DO NOT BUY FROM CSIO TECHNOLOGIES

They'll take your payment immediately yet they show no signs of fulfilling orders,
I ordered mine July 6, 2017 and they WILL NOT communicate with me at all!
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Hell_Raiser

#125 Post by Hell_Raiser » 13 Nov 2017 14:57

Yeah, unfortunately I think it is Oregon, but I guess I am starting to accept that the only geographic areas we will have are pacific coast and dessert for a while. As far as Whataburger goes, I'd be very careful about how similar I made the building look, they have sued for copyright infringement in the past when the case was very weak, and I'd hate for my favorite fast food restaurant to be suing my favorite game. I'm no lawyer but I do think they could probably sneak the A-frame in though. Also, not all locations have the A-frame roof Image

Voltaire1971

#126 Post by Voltaire1971 » 13 Nov 2017 17:59

CA_Trucks wrote:
11 Oct 2017 03:00
Wyoming.
8-)

flight50

#127 Post by flight50 » 13 Nov 2017 18:58

@Hell_Raiser. Yes the newer ones are more like the pick you posted. Yet the front still has the A frame. Just at a smaller scale. The one I posted is of the old version. This is why I was saying if they changed the color scheme, it could be pulled off or invert the A to a V frame. But with all this said, with all the burger joints in the US, they have many to choose from if they went that route. I know some states have specific one but what ever they do, the need to mix in some of the old restaurants with some new ones. We need some similar to kfc or chick-fila for chicken places and add some type of taco bell or taco places.

The only way to get away from desert states like right now the fastest way, is to skip to a non adjacent state. I don't like that route but if it happened, there is nothing we can do. I prefer to have all states border another which means that if we will just have to wait it out. I am more anxious to see the mountain states than the Western greenery of Oregon. I am ready for the switch back and the elevation changes as roads carve their way thru the mountains. I hear of this million dollar hwy and although I have never driven on it in real life, I would love to see it in ATS for what SCS can put together for it. I think it can rival NM's hwy 64.

If Oregon is revealed to be next, my assumption is that Washington will follow. From there I think they will swing back South keeping the L shaped map in effect. After Washington it would only make since to do Idaho to tie in Nevada. From there then we may finally see Utah and Colorado. From there it is anyone's guess but this just may be a good time to sneak in Texas before Wyoming and Montana.

They'll take your payment immediately yet they show no signs of fulfilling orders,
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

weaponz248

#128 Post by weaponz248 » 13 Nov 2017 21:34

I voted Oklahoma only because it's the quickest way to continue east.

However if I was a betting man I would say the next 3 states would be Oregon, idaho, and Utah. These are the last 3 states to touch the original map. Anything after these states forces multiple dlc purchases.

angrybirdseller

#129 Post by angrybirdseller » 14 Nov 2017 01:23

Don't like idea L-shape map right now don't take any delivery in Nevada with exception of Las Vegas to New Mexico as in real life would cut across Utah and parts of Colorado.

Roswell to Jackpot need Utah to do it. If Oregon included Washington won't be so bad as you take deliveries between the two states and Northern Nevada. Think Utah most critical state actually it opens up Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico.

flight50

#130 Post by flight50 » 14 Nov 2017 05:01

I had an option to take a job today from Elko to Farmington. I really wanted to take this particular load but I turned it down because there was no Utah. There was no way I was going to go South thru Las Vegas, East on I-40 and then back North on US 491. That route should take I-80 East from Elko to I-15 South to I-70 East to US 191. That would then tie into the new road provided in update 1.29 from Kayenta to Farmington.

Utah and even better the combo of Utah and Colorado like everyone has been stating makes the most sense to square up the map. Plus it's what angrybirdsellar just stated. It opens up Arizona and New Mexico....completely; to the existing maps. Oregon really makes no sense without Idaho to open up Nevada. Oregon alone will open up I-5 and US 101 though. It would also give Winnemucca a Northern route via US 95. This 30 day trip from Southern New Mexico to Northern Oregon thru California or Nevada just ain't cool. Snaking thru Utah and Nevada is much better than going all the way West thru the entire state of California.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Return to “General discussion about game”