6%
Arkansas 2022
1%

Total votes: 374

Shiva

Re: Poll: Choose the States you would like to see next

#2561 Post by Shiva » 10 Oct 2019 22:32

Complainers will be there alway.
Similar size DLC's as for ETS2 would not be bad.
Or Washington to New Mexico in size, or up to Montana size. "Alaska and Texas not counted to this ofc".
Washington DLC, quite nice amount of roads and scenery.

+ I do think that Ellensburg could be divided off from Yakima. That location has already a delivery location.
+ maybe giving it a delivery at the fuel stop, if there ain't already 1 hidden + maybe 1 more?
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.

flight50

#2562 Post by flight50 » 11 Oct 2019 01:01

I agree with keeping it around Washington/New Mexico size. I'd go with Washington though. Washington is fairly dense and the Midwest and the East will be even denser than Washington I bet. So keeping it Washington size allows for the 12 month development time that seems to be about the norm. Not including any research of course. But the way SCS is progressing, they are doing a lot of preliminary work to get things under way in adjacent states. I like this move. Once the state is really ready for production, more people move over to it and crank up development. Much easier for one person to set things in motion versus having everyone jump in at once.

ilovevolvo

#2563 Post by ilovevolvo » 13 Oct 2019 04:11

They will eventually have to put some sort of road physics. The longer they wait the more old roads they will have to revamp with the new feature...
Sometimes i stream boring drives. >> https://www.twitch.tv/nehalim_ (with the underscore behind it)

Shiva

#2564 Post by Shiva » 13 Oct 2019 11:35

road physics? ilovevolvo
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.

Knightrider

#2565 Post by Knightrider » 13 Oct 2019 13:08

Im not american but I get the impression that states like Nebraska, kansas or iowa are flat and dont have such complex and scenic landscapes like the southwest/west. They're likely to come in a quicker development time.

Apart from the southwest deserts/canyons, the ozark area , the rocky mountain states and the appallachia, everything is flat and therefore easier to design. Right?
New Visual Lighting System rocks!

flight50

#2566 Post by flight50 » 13 Oct 2019 13:55

@Knightrider. You are correct and I too think that once SCS gets off the Rocky Mountain states and into the Great Plains, the complexity dies down a ton until they get to the Mississippi/Midwest which starts the compact cities and dense road networks. Texas and Kansas however start up the densest road networks before getting to the Mississippi region, which is when the fun city stuff happens.

But in the Great Plains, I am confident that SCS will make great dlc's out of them too. I didn't think much of NM until the dlc dropped. It turned out great. I expect lots of farming and open fields of tall prairie grasses and farming crops galore in the GP states. There will be other assets in the mix as well but mostly we swap out arid deserts or hilly deserts of Eastern Washington/Oregon for flat lands and fields of high vegetation and brush with straight roads in the GPs. Not much elevation but if you like country side driving, the Great Plains will be just that.

nautofon

#2567 Post by nautofon » 13 Oct 2019 16:21

I expect even the plain states have some minor rolling hills. I'm actually eager to see that kind of scenery in the game.

Though I imagine SCS may have a hard time differentiating some of the plain states from each other for marketing?
To drive in ATS without navigation, it's helpful to use a physical map (for highways) and driving directions (for inside cities).

flight50

#2568 Post by flight50 » 13 Oct 2019 18:55

I am sure there might be some. But typically the Plains are so flat that they are better off just classified as flatlands.

I am sure there will be subtle differences between all. Montana and Wyoming both will be very obvious. The Dakota's, Nebraska, Kansas and Oklahoma will all be fairly similar I am sure but we shall see. Once we know what roads we are on, we will know what stat we are in. Truckers learn the road very well and so will we.

rbsanford

#2569 Post by rbsanford » 13 Oct 2019 19:18

The Plains may seem flat and dull, but there are some interesting bits. North Dakota has its badlands, South Dakota has more badlands and the Black Hills, Nebraska has its bluffs to the west and sandhills to the north, Oklahoma has its mountains in the east, Kansas has... okay, I'll give you that, Kansas is pretty boring. All the Plains states have their rolling hills, and many of the roads run through river valleys.

The Great Plains aren't actually flat, contrary to popular belief. They're actually a giant slope leading up to the mountains. The eastern parts of the Plains are more green, but moving west the land starts to get more beige and the terrain starts acting up, a subtle transformation that's more noticeable when you cross the Plains in person, so there's even terrain and environment variation within each state.

Now Iowa: yeah, that's pretty flat. Iowa doesn't really have much to offer, other than the Valley of the Mississippi and the largest truck stop in the US.
Check out my Imgur page for ATS screenshots, railfanning, ship spotting, and more!
Latest screenshot album: Vol V: the Colorado Experience

Handy maps and diagrams.

flight50

#2570 Post by flight50 » 13 Oct 2019 19:52

Iowa 80 will definitely make the game. It will be the center piece of Iowa. I sure hope tuning packs are in by then because Iowa 80 should have a Service Center to buy tuning parts for our trucks. I also hope that by then, truck washes are valid.

Another thing that would be nice is the ability to increase truck mass at truck stops. Either dx11 allows it, SCS provides sliders for us to control or something. But truck stops need more truck traffic. Especially at night. I would love to try squeezing into one of the last spots to rest for the night.

Return to “General discussion about the game”