Oklahoma 2021
5%
Montana 2021
35%

Total votes: 827

Larry71490

Re: Poll: Choose (2) States you would like to see next

#3501 Post by Larry71490 » 26 Mar 2020 22:12

I feel livestock will come with Colorado.

flight50

#3502 Post by flight50 » 26 Mar 2020 22:19

Yep, that is more than likely why Texas is in place. Last summer, Pavel revealed he had a guy working Texas by himself to do preliminary work. To date, that is perhaps 15 months at least one guy as been in Texas. 1 guy won't get Texas to use within a year even if Texas goes full production today and even use the entire ATS map team. Texas is huge, not just land wise but roads and the large cities. Houston and DFW alone will probably tke one mapper 3-5 months to do. There will be a lot of cursing, long hrs and sleepless hrs of work if Texas is rushed. I don't want to see the devs overwhelmed/burned out like that.

So yeah, start early, stretch out the dev time. Texas ain't going anywhere. Worst case, things have to get rebuild as new construction happens or whatever. SCS can always go back and update it later. It won't be the end of the world. There is always construction going on in Texas and tons of places. Incorporating this in the game would be cool as well.

Larry71490

#3503 Post by Larry71490 » 26 Mar 2020 22:25

Going to reset the poll @flight50?

poozykrem

#3504 Post by poozykrem » 26 Mar 2020 22:42

Colorado is already out of it, so there's no need
BTW, according to the screens (Even they didn't show the mountainous I-70 stretch with Eisenhower tunnel), it looks breathtaking

flight50

#3505 Post by flight50 » 26 Mar 2020 22:44

Reset it for....it was reset in December when Idaho was announced. I removed Idaho and Colorado at the same time. There were enough clues to know Colorado was the next state. Since SCS doesn't reveal both states at the same time, I have to use clues from the map editor that people find as well as other assets and possible teasers from the devs. It will get even harder once we get more than 2 states a year though. I try to let the polls go for at least a year though to maximize the votes so I try to only reset them once a year before all the voters start coming in.

I don't think the tunnel will get revealed so soon. It will be an epic piece of the puzzle. I know they won't skip it though. I am really more interested in US-6 around the tunnel, will we get it. The Eisenhower doesn't allow hasmat, nor loads taller than 13'-6"...standard trailer height. We'd need a bypass around the tunnel for sure. I wonder how SCS plays that out. I know some people will not pay attention and will try to go thru the tunnel regardless and cause a collision. One of 2 things will happen. 1) SCS makes the tunnel large enough for all loads and not worry about what legal or 2) come up with some type of detour that the game can sense when loads are oversized. Oversize loads can trigger automatic detours for oversized loads away from the tunnel. Come up with a feature like this and it can solve a lot of other issues that lies ahead.

Larry71490

#3506 Post by Larry71490 » 26 Mar 2020 23:30

Thought you reset with confirmed states @flight50.

plinio.lisboa.br

#3507 Post by plinio.lisboa.br » 26 Mar 2020 23:36

JamesKirk wrote:
26 Mar 2020 18:53
@plinio.lisboa.br I believe that live cargo transport can come when they launch the Texas DLC

Good nigh,there in Brazil it is already 8:15 pm i bring a electricity bill to the world of information but four brazilians were saved using chloroquine, which is a medication that
is being administered to our patients in serious condition by the coronavirus,we jumped from two cured people to six we are now starting to use the medicine on a large scale
and our ICU equipment factories are producing respirators on a large scale and soon we will be able to take care of your grace from God and also send medical supplies to Italy.

How much is the game: I believe that it is extremely necessary that new loads of animals can come into the game, such as: pigs, birds, bison for the State of WYONMING would
also be very interesting. In addition to being a symbol animal of the state, it is raised on farms there, and it would be interesting to transport these animals to other farms
within the state, but also to slaughterers.

Bison would be important, because people in the world have a view that bison exists only in "national parks" and that the American people, preserve them only in "national parks", people are unaware that the preservation of bison is also associated its economic utility, in farms specialized in the breeding of bison, and the consumption of its meat, there are some bison slaughterers in the United States.
 It would be very interesting for children, young people, adults in the world who are unaware of this, to marvel at the bison farms. Imagine dozens, hundreds of bison. Those images like that of bison running around the farms on the edge of a road for example. These are suggestions.
 SCS Software is surprising me a lot, see: in a short time these young people did: eastern Balkans in ETS2, it is a lot of land! it's a very large area, the other ATS team worked very hard: Washington, UTAH, IDAHO, COLORADO. Friends ... all in a short time, since the first Washington DLC was born, it's also an incredibly large area.
 Now it's up to us players to have patience because times are difficult for the West, my friends, we have to be patient when the game has to be ready will be.

The advice, I have patience for everyone, things are moving forward in the area of ​​games.

God bless the world, so that as soon as possible these quarantines can end and people can return to their normal lives.

flight50

#3508 Post by flight50 » 26 Mar 2020 23:55

@Larry71490. Once we graduated to 2 maps and I noticed SCS didn't give reveal both states Feb of 2019, I had to make a decision to not wait if I didn't want to reset the polls in the middle of the year. I'd rather have confirmation before resetting but when the clues and hints are strong enough, I'll go head and pull the trigger.

GT182

#3509 Post by GT182 » 27 Mar 2020 02:11

I voted or Texas because I've driven thru that State many times. It's one long 900 mile ride from Arkansas to El Paso. Also voted Wyoming as it makes sense seeing Idaho is coming. Montana would be good with Idaho too as I-15 connects with I-90 and that would help getting to Spokane a lot faster, and further on into NW Washington.

One thing SCS needs to do is update the roads in California, Arizona, and New Mexico to correct some and add other highways that are needed. I'd even pay for an update that covers adding highways for all 3 States.
Gary - CB code name: "CW"
Ex Anchor Motor Freight Car Haul, and Ex Long Haul Coast to Coast;
Burlington,Vermont to Los Angeles, and points in between.

flight50

#3510 Post by flight50 » 27 Mar 2020 13:05

I too would pay for roads for the base map but I know SCS won't do that. New Mexico doesn't need as much attention as Cali, Nevada and Arizona though. Perhaps a new road or two in NM but thats about it. Pavel has mentioned before that his plan was to bring the base map states up to par with the current dlc. When that happens, I'm not sure. I am under the impression that some of that can happen with this graphic overhaul he talks about though. Time will tell.

About a year ago, from a business standpoint, I agreed with ya @GT182. Texas and Wyoming. Texas makes since from a business standpoint. I sill believe from a business, its a popular and wanted choice. What changed my mind? Pavel. The xmas stream last year solidified my thoughts in that SCS just isn't ready for Texas. It will take too many resources for the current team (last year's team) to try to pull Texas off for 2021. Its not impossible but it sure puts a strain on the team. Doing both Iberia and Texas for 2020 would cause a melt down at SCS. Wyoming and Oklahoma are probably the best to choices to do along side Texas. Montana/Colorado were out of the equation imo. They are too big or too busy. I do like the current poll status though. They box up the map for 2021 and they allow more time for Texas development. Once Montana and Wyoming go out next year, I honestly think a that time, ATS and SCS can afford to put all hands on deck with Texas. So for 2022, I'd be okay only getting Texas if that was the case. If they squeezed in Oklahoma great. Considering they started Texas a year ago, 2 years worth of development, we could see a Texas Oklahoma combo perhaps.

Return to “General discussion about the game”