Open beta 1.29 discussion

Tiger313

Re: Open beta 1.29 discussion

#651 Post by Tiger313 » 22 Nov 2017 09:03

Seeing tractors in the city here on a daily basis, I think it can't hurt to have slow vehicles drive into town occasionally. Annoying they might be, but they are part of a trucker's daily life as well.
cip

#652 Post by cip » 22 Nov 2017 09:18

@Piva: thanks for your arguments, funny pictures will all those harvesters :lol:
if with this deny rule, we don't have any vanishing harvesters than you are fully right, is better despite the fact that harvesters won't circulate on some adjacent roads near cities. However in fact is not bad if the harvesters don't spawn in cities but if one happen to arrive in a city will continue... thanks to SCS for creating different rules for everyone's taste.
Actually I don't understand why SCS introduced a harvester and no tractors? would have been even better :lol:

@John Doe: default game has only 2 buses! even the poorest countries in the world have more types of buses circulating :lol: to avoid seeing the same Greyhound bus why don't you use a bus mod? true that jazzycat have only I guess 5 buses but still better than 2.
I actually think to import his bus mod for ETS2 in ATS :lol: and I don't know about any school bus but is not cancelled by my mod for sure. as for spawn, I intend to reduce the spawn numbers on freeways and local roads, as for cities I believe is realistic to have a reasonable number of buses.
harvester, is set circulating only 4 hours in the morning and 3 or 4 in the evening, I don;t know how is in New Mexico because I haven't bought the DLC yet but in any other place I am sure there aren't that many as you say and for sure not outside the hours I have set. perhaps a little update will be needed with arrival of NM DLC?
Enjoy driving with my Real Traffic Density for ETS2 and ATS
Enjoy listening my Real Ai Traffic FMOD Sounds for ETS2 and ATS
I have quit SCS forum...
flight50

#653 Post by flight50 » 22 Nov 2017 15:26

Is there a good tutorial on modding this new traffic spawn rule yet. I am not a modder and I don't really understand anything outside of changing the enocomy file and the police fines files. I would really like to learn how to control traffic vs just modifying some else traffic mod. I recently download a traffic mod and changed the number of cars on the road to more of my liking. Beyond that, I have no idea how to control traffic. The Greyhound buses are like cockroaches, they keep popping up more and more. Way too many imo. I have been waiting for a bus mod to either come thru or for one to get updated but seeing Greyhound spawn every 20-30 seconds is very annoying and unrealistic.
cip

#654 Post by cip » 22 Nov 2017 16:56

then open a traffic density mod and start studying... I did the same in the past :lol:
I have quit SCS forum...
John Doe

#655 Post by John Doe » 22 Nov 2017 17:33

€ chipinho: Please do not misunderstand me. It's your mod according to your taste, I do not want to criticize it.
It seems that there are a lot of harvesting machines in the cities on the edge of new mexico. I think there are still updates from SCS in the next time. I edit the traffic settings for ETS2 and ATS for a long time myself and have learned a lot from piva, fr8i and you. Under version 1.6 I had found a good setting, which unfortunately does not work anymore.

Regards, John
flight50

#656 Post by flight50 » 22 Nov 2017 18:03

cipinho wrote: 22 Nov 2017 16:56 then open a traffic density mod and start studying... I did the same in the past :lol:
Studying it is one thing, but understanding what you study is something totally different. I am the type of person that wants to know the why. If I know the why, I can understand how to change it. Showing me this valve is this or that does not explain what the this or that is. I don't want the short cut, I want the explanation so that I know. If I can understand it, I know it good enough to explain it to someone else or at least understand the lingo on this forum when you all talk about it. For instance, in Meatball_21's mod that I downloaded the other day. I studied it and changed what I understood. I even compared it to SCS's traffic mod. The format was totally different between the two and it threw me completely off. For instance in Meatballs mod, in the time of day section for spawning the numbers where something like 0.000, 1.99,1.99 for lets say 7:00am. I can study this all I want. But it will never tell me what each placement of (0,0,0) means. To me at 7:00am all it needs is a 1.99 for spawn rate, why all the valve places as if it was coordinates to something. This is why I asked for a tutorial so it explains what things mean. That's how I learn. I am not fond trail in error unless I can see the effects in real time. Not knowing the effects of a change is how one can totally screw something up if they do something that they have no idea on what they are doing.

Another example is what Piva posted above. I have no idea what is going on. I don't know coding. Therefore I can't follow the lingo on here. I see abbreviations and place valve. I have no idea what they mean or what they do so how could I possibly learn. For someone who knows and has the knowledge, it is easy for them to follow. That doesn't go for everyone. In Piva's, I don't understand how he is blocking harvesters to Vegas. Does this require coding each road in the map editor? Is there are large data base of commands from SCS that people need to know on what to plug in for coding purposes. What does str mean, what is [], why are things in "quote" I know none of this stuff. A tutorial would prevent people like me from asking questions that a modder would find stupid in a sense....why, because a modder understands the lingo.
Last edited by flight50 on 22 Nov 2017 18:14, edited 2 times in total.
piva

#657 Post by piva » 22 Nov 2017 18:10

In ETS2 1.30 open beta, this trick not working.
I go behind tractor in Szczecin and wait when it turn, but it disapper on city border. :lol:
Looks like SCS don't know about this feature. :lol:

@mjack, let check it again in ETS2.
cip

#658 Post by cip » 22 Nov 2017 18:14

JOhn, no problem, criticism is also constructive ;) as said I don't have New Mexico so I cannot check what's wrong with harvesters there
I have quit SCS forum...
cip

#659 Post by cip » 22 Nov 2017 18:48

flight50 wrote: 22 Nov 2017 18:03 in Meatball_21's mod that I downloaded the other day. I studied it and changed what I understood. I even compared it to SCS's traffic mod. The format was totally different between the two and it threw me completely off. For instance in Meatballs mod, in the time of day section for spawning the numbers where something like 0.000, 1.99,1.99 for lets say 7:00am.
firstly, forget about old daytime system in format (0.000, 1.99, 1.99) because is now obsolete and useless. the new system is much easier to understand but it works better if you know Excel where you can build your traffic density ;)
secondly and sorry in advance if I will be considered rude, but meatball traffic mod seems to be done in hurry and uses silly numbers totally nonsense (see extract below)

Code: Select all

traffic_rule_data : traffic_rule.s_car_l
{
	# name: "Spawn density car low" 

rule: "density"

str_params[]: "car"

num_params[]: 7.0	# 7:00
	num_params[]: 2111.4	# frequency
	num_params[]: 1128		# count limit

num_params[]: 17.0	# 17:00
	num_params[]: 2111.4	# frequency
	num_params[]: 1128		# count limit

num_params[]: 0.0	# 00:00
	num_params[]: 111.4	# frequency
	num_params[]: 1112		# count limit
}
arguments: in every pack of 3 lines in the .sui file you have
num_params[]: 7.0 # 7:00 = obvious enough, the time of the day
num_params[]: 2111.4 # frequency = a maximum number of 2111.4 cars (spawned on local roads) that could appear every second at 7 AM (a normal number would be here between 1 and 2)
num_params[]: 1128 # count limit = a maximum number of 1128 cars (spawned on local roads) can be spotted in the same time at 7 AM (a normal number would be 15-20)

in order to obtain a good density you need first to check in traffic_lane.sii for every type of road, what vehicles you have (you can even modify this), then you create an excel and build your numbers in order to obtain a good density and ratio. see below an example
Capture2.JPG
than based on your totals, you create a chart and continue to adjust numbers in order to obtain overall good density and ratio
Capture.JPG
I have quit SCS forum...
flight50

#660 Post by flight50 » 22 Nov 2017 20:30

Thanks cipinho. That helps me learn something. So the meatball mod is old school, got it. Also it helps by you mentioning arguments. That is lingo I would never know if no one ever told me. So I assume in your example that 7:00, 17:00 and 00:00, the spawn ascends and descends according instead of having to input every hr of the day, cool. I follow. I also was looking at the each line as a line and then as a column. But a line is literally a line. I didn't comprehend that num_param[]:7.0 meant 7:00am, lol. The 7.0 threw me off. I get it now. The others I get even those the number are very high but it makes sense. The excel file, is that just for the modder to keep track or do you link the excel file to scs files?. That excel file is very understandable the way you wrote it. I see the vehicle type up top, the time on the side and the comparison to scs vs you. Cool I can follow that.

So the traffic.sii file controls whether it is local roads or highways. When I get home from work, I will check out the scs files to see if I can understand the new SCS way a little more. So if I see (0,0,0) for format, that is old.

Sorry everyone for getting off topic a little. Just trying to understand the codes that Piva posted and how they work so that hopefully I can modify them to my liking. I just have to understand what the numbers are assigned to. Thanks Cipinho.

Cipinho, does your mod effect Piva's long train mod with the traffic rules? Should his mod go before yours or after yours?

Return to “General discussion about the game”