Open beta 1.29 discussion

User avatar
bobgrey1997
Posts: 641
Joined: 30 Nov 2015 02:13
Location: Bryant, Arkansas

Re: Open beta 1.29 discussion

#611 Post by bobgrey1997 » 12 Nov 2017 14:15

Look, if you truly have an issue, we have provided you with several options. If you refuse to use those options, that is YOUR fault, and therefore, we don't care about it.

If you want help, the ONLY way you will get it, is if you let us help you. Here is what we need:
If you use mods:
1: Start a new, clean profile that has never had mods. If the issues continue, then:
If you do not have mods:
2: Share your game.log.txt file, so that we can see what the issue is.

You are not the minority in having issues, you are the minority in refusing to explain the issue and provide what we need to help. If you want to get mad at SCS for "breaking" your game and not helping, yet at the same time, refuse to let them help, you are the only issue, therefore, have no reason to be mad at SCS.
Image
ImageImage

User avatar
CARL1992
Posts: 1382
Joined: 17 Aug 2016 12:18
Location: NRW, Germany

Re: Open beta 1.29 discussion

#612 Post by CARL1992 » 12 Nov 2017 14:16

the minority of you wouldn't break a fence for SCS, it has something to do with your game because the update was tested internal and external with lots of hard and software configurations

and the game should have made a backup with the update to 1.29 maybe you should check this first before you start to rant about something that might not be true at all
Xbox 360 (CARL1992) ; Xbox One (CARL1992) ; PC (Windows 10)
Intel Core i5 6600K - Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming SLI - Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Ultra Gaming - 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3000
Samsung Evo 850 SSD (250GB) - Western Digital Blue WD10JPVX (1TB)

User avatar
Moh1336
Beta tester
Posts: 8168
Joined: 05 Jul 2013 09:44
Location: Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: Open beta 1.29 discussion

#613 Post by Moh1336 » 12 Nov 2017 14:22

skyshark wrote:
11 Nov 2017 13:27
The new cities were in Texas to the east and in UT and OR to the north.
Mod issue.
skyshark wrote:
11 Nov 2017 13:27
Started to play after reinstalling with no mods. Crash! .
Removing mods blindly can cause crashes. Vanilla means a completely new profile that has never had a mod on it.

NO one can help you until you do the one thing that we need. Post a game log immediately after a crash.
My Blog/Mod page: http://ijsmods.wordpress.com
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Image

User avatar
ShirBlackspots
Posts: 2960
Joined: 13 Apr 2016 21:57
Location: Wichita Falls, TX

Re: Open beta 1.29 discussion

#614 Post by ShirBlackspots » 12 Nov 2017 20:43

@skyshark: I rarely have problems with the game, and usually any problem I do have, it is because of mods. Because of that, I learned how to update mods (particularly some map defs, and trailer defs) to get around waiting for things getting fixed. As a result, I have trailer mods that still work well, even though they are over two years old. I am also not above creating a new profile if a major game update kills that profile.
ETS2 Map Combo: ProMods, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, Southern Region, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map, Italy Map
ATS Map Combo: Viva Mexico, Coast to Coast, Project West, CanaDream, RickPP's I-10 ATS

User avatar
organiczero
Posts: 54
Joined: 30 Oct 2014 16:28

Re: Open beta 1.29 discussion

#615 Post by organiczero » 13 Nov 2017 00:31

Guys, i was driving btw Santa Fe and Raton at night, came across this happenning in the sky
Image
https://i.imgur.com/UFsr8F0.jpg

At first i was a big flash crossing the sky, i was like "what the hell?????", though the game was glitching, then it happened again, and i noticed the light trail, that's when i noticed those were "shooting stars" :P

only problem is that the amount of times it happened was a bit too much imo, like, i got 6 or 7 crossing in the same place and direction. Still neat, made me think of OVNIs for a while.

If anyone wants to try to check it for yourself, this the place i was in the map, https://i.imgur.com/4fd102V.jpg and time was around 4AM, clear weather.

User avatar
ShirBlackspots
Posts: 2960
Joined: 13 Apr 2016 21:57
Location: Wichita Falls, TX

Re: Open beta 1.29 discussion

#616 Post by ShirBlackspots » 13 Nov 2017 00:41

California has had falling stars since the release of ATS
ETS2 Map Combo: ProMods, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, Southern Region, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map, Italy Map
ATS Map Combo: Viva Mexico, Coast to Coast, Project West, CanaDream, RickPP's I-10 ATS

mpuone
Posts: 16
Joined: 29 Oct 2017 00:41

Re: Open beta 1.29 discussion

#617 Post by mpuone » 13 Nov 2017 01:06

But now we have UFOs hovering about

User avatar
flight50
Posts: 506
Joined: 20 May 2017 03:33
Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth

Re: Open beta 1.29 discussion

#618 Post by flight50 » 13 Nov 2017 06:58

SabR wrote:
11 Nov 2017 06:30
What are you both talking about? skyshark is right & so are the other folks who share the same opinion. SCS breaks the modded game every single time they release a patch. They should stop releasing patches and let us play in peace. We don't need new features, game optimizations & definitely no new map dlcs.
I hope you are being sarcastic dude. As long as you been a member on this site, you have been around long enough to know how things work. I will leave my comment at that because otherwise, that is very disappointing to hear from a long tenured player. No optimizations I can deal with that comment but no new map dlc's? Are you kidding me. They didn't make the game specifically for modders. They make it so THEY can add on to it with expansion packs. But like I said, I really hope you are just kidding with your comment.
Tigerclaw wrote:
11 Nov 2017 09:47
I can understand peoples frustrations when all of a sudden the game gets broken due to an update. I used to be the same in the beginning when I didnt understand why/whatfor/how. I learned that SCS keeps trying to make the game BETTER for us players, more "enjoyable" etc.

Granted the game is a LOT better with some mods (not all), and there are some I really don't like being without. But I'm not a mod whore, I don't just download a mod because it's there. I choose carefully, based on what they will give me.

This last update broke NOTHING for me, I was able to continue playing seamlessly with a few minor warnings, a couple of errors, but no crashes in my MODDED profile. But absolutely no problems at all in my CLEAN profile.

So if you want to carry on playing with each update, run two profiles, one for mods, and one clean to use new DLC's Betas etc. Then wait for the mods to be updated. Quite simple really when you think about it. No need to lose everything, no need to start all over again, and no need to stop playing. Quit your whinging, and use some common sense okay.
This is why I run very few mods. The less the better. The ones I do find myself not coping without, I just wait for the mod to get updated. No choice if is that crucial for me. Waiting... it is as simple as that. Why would SCS break the game. Mods are not something they do. They just give the community the means to do it. Is it their fault they try making things better and provide new features. Like Tigerclaw said, use some common sense.
VipersFury wrote:
11 Nov 2017 11:36
if you dont use mods then it wont break, so how is it SCS fault? You CHOOSE to use mods, you CHOOSE to risk broken mods after an update from SCS.
So whine at the modmakers or CHOOSE to wait til they update their mods.

The improvement SCS makes for the game is stuff people like, ones who dont, why are you playing a game if you dont like what they offer you?
ditto. If you don't like, why come here and post such. We are all entitled to share our comments and thoughts but this is a predominately fan based forum so fans will naturally take offense to such thoughts. You say you love the game yet you are not listening to people that are trying to help you solve your issue. The minority that may have issues may not support the game anymore. It happens. But the majority is what keep SCS going, not the minority. If 1-50 people have issues, do you think that 1 person will hurt SCS. Up the odds 1-1000 people. That one person is not going to effect ATS nor ETS2.
skyshark wrote:
11 Nov 2017 13:27
Well when I had to end up uninstalling my game because it keep crashing. I the reason was because when the NM dlc downloaded it had 2 different scales. The new cities were in Texas to the east and in UT and OR to the north. So I have a totally vanilla game. Started to play after reinstalling with no mods. Crash! I'm like let me check my system and my computer is working great. Its the dlc and the fixes they made. Know you can say well scs tested it on theirs and it checked out. Well I'm not the only person to have a problem. And y'all that are saying stop complaining it works for you. Well it isn't working for everyone. And remember we paid for the game and the dlc also and I doubt you few can't support this game the next time a pay dlc comes out by yourselves. This is a great game and without support from everyone it will die. Just want to know if v1.6x was working good why would you change it. I just see scs sticking their foot on the brake when the game is going full speed down the road and it's killing your supporters. And as for mods. Then have scs put real stuff in the game. Modders put realism in the game. This isn't EU we don't have Charge and these other no name companies in the US. So bring on the neg comments.
So you are saying SCS doesn't need to update the game. They should have stayed with 1.6....forever? Seriously? I understand that it may not work for everyone and you get the bad end of the stick. But if it works for the mass majority, you can't not blame SCS. You say your pc is working good but there is something that it obviously does not like with installing ATS. So there is an incompatibility issue on your part. And because of this, you point the finger. Typical when things don't go our way. Mods put realism into the game? I don't see the mods coming up with the game, I don't see them coding the game, I never saw as mod that came up with working multiple pivot points for doubles, triples or heavy haul. Who do you think is providing the modders with these tools. Developers make games in today's time and age so that modders can taylor to their liking. Mods are to work with the tools the developer provides for them. Remember that the developer has to make a game to cater to the masses. Not everyone will like this or that feature. Which is why mods exist in the first place. The ability to make things to your liking. But no, mods do not in any form or fashion keep the game going. Mods make it interesting and fun but not keep it going, no Sir. The developer keeps the game going. How many companies out there continue to support games that are years old? Go play John Madden on any system. After a year, see if EA continues to support it. Go play any role playing game out there on any system. After a year, how often will you see it continue to be supported. Mods don't keep the game going though but if you want to believe that, be my guess.
SabR wrote:
11 Nov 2017 15:22

Btw, CARL1992, don't be so uptight, relax and read the posts carefully before quoting them. Chances are they might be sarcastic. Hint; read the last part of my previous post. You have a chilled beer :D
I was hoping you were being sarcastic. One can never really tell in the words of typed dialect. But some lol's or something or emoji's or something.
skyshark wrote:
12 Nov 2017 14:08
blaze wrote:
11 Nov 2017 18:51
For that heavy cargo dlc we need special transport like real life
They will not do that because they don't do that in Europe. Hell the update they just finished puts a European seen and this Ats not ets. .
You do realize that special transport is coming to ETS2 right. You also realize that every where in the world has special transport right. Although what one game gets, the other eventually gets but there have been no talks about special transport in ATS yet.
ShirBlackspots wrote:
12 Nov 2017 20:43
As a result, I have trailer mods that still work well, even though they are over two years old. I am also not above creating a new profile if a major game update kills that profile.
Really? I need to learn to fix mods then. Real company names/gas stations are about the only mods I must have to make ATS real for me. Part of the reason I don't use many mods is because I have to wait for someone to update them.
LOOKING TO BUY AN SKRS SHIFTER?
DO NOT BUY FROM CSIO TECHNOLOGIES

They'll take your payment immediately yet they show no signs of fulfilling orders,
I ordered mine July 6, 2017 and they WILL NOT communicate with me at all!
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

User avatar
cipinho
Posts: 745
Joined: 26 Aug 2016 08:14
Location: Brussels

Re: Open beta 1.29 discussion

#619 Post by cipinho » 13 Nov 2017 09:12

A few more tests and I will release today or tomorrow a traffic density mod, with the same principles as for my Real traffic density mod for ETS2 now at version 3.0
the new traffic system proposed by SCS looks good, it has new features, however it might contain some bugs which slows down the traffic tweaking:
- with current SCS settings, slow vehicles (the harvester) do not seem to spawn
- regarding spawn ratio, if I set 6% of traffic to be buses and count 7 (maximum number that can appear in the same time) for freeways at certain time, it may happen that all 7 buses are spawned together and then no more buses until the next round :lol:
- the traffic on freeways and divided roads (still don't know the difference) has some periods of low density and despite that I added also trucks on these periods, it seems to take into account for traffic only cars
- above a certain total value of frequency (more than 10 and with accordingly count settings), at a certain time traffic density seems to no longer spawn correctly (or it has more often periods with low density).
Enjoy driving with Real Traffic Density for ETS2 1.28 and ATS 1.29
Feel free to test also my innovative Cars and Trucks colors mod

User avatar
TarsoMagno
Beta tester
Posts: 2915
Joined: 04 Apr 2016 11:03
Location: Natal, RN - Brasil
Contact:

Re: Open beta 1.29 discussion

#620 Post by TarsoMagno » 13 Nov 2017 09:46

SabR wrote:
11 Nov 2017 06:30
What are you both talking about? skyshark is right & so are the other folks who share the same opinion. SCS breaks the modded game every single time they release a patch. They should stop releasing patches and let us play in peace. We don't need new features, game optimizations & definitely no new map dlcs.
Actually SCS provide always a "time machine" feature for the ones that want to stop the clock. Go to Betas tab on steam and you can roll back to older version and stay there.

Just remember to pick the correct mod version for the game version you choose, because even modders follow SCS progress, but again, you still can stop the clock.

We will be playing 1.40 and you can stay at 1.28 or 1.4 and enjoy the wonderful world at 1:35 scale or any other version you desire ;)

Post Reply

Return to “General discussion about game”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest