Open beta 1.29 discussion

Max
SCS Software

Re: Open beta 1.29 discussion

#601 Post by Max » 11 Nov 2017 12:11

in addition, if anyone does not want to use new game update because of not-updated mods he/she can use one of compatibility branches - they exist exactly for that reason.

skyshark

#602 Post by skyshark » 11 Nov 2017 13:27

Well when I had to end up uninstalling my game because it keep crashing. I the reason was because when the NM dlc downloaded it had 2 different scales. The new cities were in Texas to the east and in UT and OR to the north. So I have a totally vanilla game. Started to play after reinstalling with no mods. Crash! I'm like let me check my system and my computer is working great. Its the dlc and the fixes they made. Know you can say well scs tested it on theirs and it checked out. Well I'm not the only person to have a problem. And y'all that are saying stop complaining it works for you. Well it isn't working for everyone. And remember we paid for the game and the dlc also and I doubt you few can't support this game the next time a pay dlc comes out by yourselves. This is a great game and without support from everyone it will die. Just want to know if v1.6x was working good why would you change it. I just see scs sticking their foot on the brake when the game is going full speed down the road and it's killing your supporters. And as for mods. Then have scs put real stuff in the game. Modders put realism in the game. This isn't EU we don't have Charge and these other no name companies in the US. So bring on the neg comments.

CARL1992

#603 Post by CARL1992 » 11 Nov 2017 13:33

if you use the same profile you use with mods then it is the save game that is at fault not the game

and you last sentence, try to negotiate with companies to get licenses for real thing and then you can start talking again
Xbox 360 (CARL1992) ; Xbox One (CARL1992) ; PC (Windows 10)
Intel Core i5 6600K - Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming SLI - Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Ultra Gaming - 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3000
Samsung Evo 850 SSD (250GB) - Western Digital Blue WD10JPVX (1TB)

skyshark

#604 Post by skyshark » 11 Nov 2017 13:47

I have a completely new profile, still crashes. And for the real items. The modders put real stuff in the game and there are 2 issues with that. Someone gets someones work and calls it theirs,(scammers lets stop this because you are hurting everyone) and scs could give modders a heads up when they are changing stuff and what they will be(not saying contact by person but put out a modder call and say hey look at this). And I know little things will change here and there but that can be changed on the go. And let me say this. Mods do keep this game going also. And folks that say we are complaining I know use mods. Like MHApro etc.

bobgrey1997

#605 Post by bobgrey1997 » 11 Nov 2017 14:39

For one: if you are having issues on a clean, never modded profile, share your game.log.txt. Otherwise, there is no real way to tell what the issue actually is. 2: SCS can NOT add real companies unless those companies allow it, which they don't. Also, modders can NOT legally add it either, but most companies overlook this so long as the modder is making no profit. 3: SCS DOES give the modders a "heads up" called BETA! Any updates that change any of the file coding and/or arrangement goes through beta to make sure it will work fine. This beta period can also serve as an update period for modders to make their mods compatible. If they fail to do so, it is their fault, not SCS' SCS is changing their game however they want to. Why? 1: they can, and have every right to. 2: the majority of players want these improvements. If you don't like it, do what Max said here. There is a solution to your issue (multiple, actually) and they are as such:
Clean, unmodded game: Post your game.log.txt so we can help.
Modded game: wait for mods to be updated OR revert back to a previous version in which the mods worked.

With these solutions, pretty much the same as any other game, there is no reason to be complaining. At least with this game, you have the option of reverting back to previous updates. Many games don't have that, so when you update and something breaks, you are out of luck. With this game, you have solutions!
ImageImage

SabR

#606 Post by SabR » 11 Nov 2017 15:22

skyshark wrote:
11 Nov 2017 13:27
Well when I had to end up uninstalling my game because it keep crashing. I the reason was because when the NM dlc downloaded it had 2 different scales. The new cities were in Texas to the east and in UT and OR to the north. So I have a totally vanilla game. Started to play after reinstalling with no mods. Crash!
Did you post a bug report or a "help me" thread about this or just started venting your frustration out on SCS for no fault of theirs?
skyshark wrote:
Know you can say well scs tested it on theirs and it checked out. Well I'm not the only person to have a problem.... Well it isn't working for everyone.
Well it works for most else we'd be having hundreds of posts complaining about the same. Please direct us to the others (posts) who faced the same issue. Or better, let them know we are here (on the forum) to help them play this beautiful, relaxing game again.
skyshark wrote:
Just want to know if v1.6x was working good why would you change it.
I'm actually surprised to see, you have no idea on how SCS develops their games even after being on this forum for more than a year. Its an on-going, continuous process unlike other games. Develop a set of features requested by the community & release it in a patch. Develop another set of features & release & so on.
skyshark wrote:
I just see scs sticking their foot on the brake when the game is going full speed down the road and it's killing your supporters.
On the contrary, its just a few of you guys who think that way. Have a look at the Wishlist & Suggestions thread for both the games on this forum and see how many have been fulfilled.
skyshark wrote:
So bring on the neg comments.
Ours are negative comments and yours are positive? Ok! *rofl*

To the guys who have been trying to make people like skyshark understand how this game works & how its different from other games in terms of development, I salute your perseverance. :D

Btw, CARL1992, don't be so uptight, relax and read the posts carefully before quoting them. Chances are they might be sarcastic. Hint; read the last part of my previous post. You have a chilled beer :D
Image Image Image

blaze

#607 Post by blaze » 11 Nov 2017 18:51

For that heavy cargo dlc we need special transport like real life

ShirBlackspots

#608 Post by ShirBlackspots » 11 Nov 2017 20:58

I'm wondering if skyshark has a pirated game, and that's why they are having the problems they're having and why they won't post a game log.

Also, this is also why you have two profiles. One for mods, and one without.
ETS2 Map Combo: ProMods, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, Southern Region, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US50 & CA99, Cities Expansion, Coast to Coast, Viva Mexico

skyshark

#609 Post by skyshark » 12 Nov 2017 13:59

ShirBlackspots wrote:
11 Nov 2017 20:58
I'm wondering if skyshark has a pirated game, and that's why they are having the problems they're having and why they won't post a game log.

Also, this is also why you have two profiles. One for mods, and one without.
No I don't have a pirated copy. I pay for everything I own. I do have 2 profiles. And the pictures of the messed up no dlc was on my test profile with no other mods. For some reason the copy I paid for was corrupte. And I'm not the only one with issues with the game. And bobgrey acts like those of us that do are a minority. Well next time a dlc comes around see if those minority not supporting scs dlc will make a difference. Again I do love this game but messing things up for folks because the enter circle thinks they want this or that is OK. Remember that old saying never bite the hand that feeds you. And there are enough out here that is getting sick of it with every update. Hell I would like to have working airlines, but not enough to break what I have gained. I was at level 83 and had to start from scratch. To end this with the one who thinks some of us are complaining just remember their is a silent group of us out here. And when the dlc support time comes around will not show and this game will die and it's sad.

skyshark

#610 Post by skyshark » 12 Nov 2017 14:08

blaze wrote:
11 Nov 2017 18:51
For that heavy cargo dlc we need special transport like real life
They will not do that because they don't do that in Europe. Hell the update they just finished puts a European seen and this Ats not ets. .

Return to “General discussion about game”