PACCAR Trucks

flight50

Re: PACCAR Trucks

#11 Post by flight50 » 02 Nov 2017 11:50

I agree on getting the workhorse models from Kenworth. If Paccar is the only manufacturer that is will to work with SCS thus far. If SCS doesn't provide the oversize load for ATS, I would be highly pissed actually. It seems to me that announcements for ATS doesn't come out as much in advance as they do for ET2. It could be me but it sure seems this way sometimes. As far as I know, I haven't seen anything from SCS saying ATS will get it as well. We are going off speculation that what one game gets, the other will as well. If ATS has the newer technology and better optimization, I would thing it would be developed there first. But at the same time, if the game engines are similar, if it works in ET2, it is bound to work in ATS considering it does have the newer technology when it comes to game development.

I too would like to see an SCS provided tri-axle. Considering ET2 has it, I was very shocked and annoyed when I didn't see the same for ATS when in fact, that version does exist in North America. The 4x2 would be great to have as well. These are licenses that SCS should be able to get since they already have Paccar. That is a quick easy 3-4 additional trucks right there. So yeah, work your resources.
xXCARL1992Xx

#12 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 02 Nov 2017 11:59

update wise ATS gets whats ETS2 gets and vice versa
there was never a mention about it that both games get the same DLCs

an no the Oversized loads DLC will most likely not be released for ATS

and just because they have already some truck licenses doesnt mean they will get more, who knows how long they have negotiated for them but we dont know it and think it was a fast job ?
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
saur44l

#13 Post by saur44l » 02 Nov 2017 12:41

If there are potential buyers and enough interest why not release the Oversised load DLC and for the ATS?People are constantly asking for new content.Speaking about PACCAR,well they do seem willing to cooperate,in fact not so long ago they gave the license for the T880 for the Construction Simulator 2, I think............And I am even willing to bet that if SCS ask them for permission or license to use some of their models in the ai, they would also accept.After all,it is free advertising,and it is clearly that some people from PACCAR seems to realize the value of having your brand in video games.
flight50

#14 Post by flight50 » 02 Nov 2017 14:01

@carl1992. It seems as though you have little hope or non optimistic views about ATS. I already mentioned that what one gets the other game gets so I wasn't knocking SCS for that. The statement that what one gets the other gets is ambiguous. However, I am referring to dlc content more so than updates. Heavy haul came to ATS first and then ET2 got it. So you mean to tell me, it is perfectly fine for ET2 to get oversized loads but not ATS, are you serious. It's reasons like this that piss people off about ATS. If SCS is to make any headway with ATS, anything that is released for ET2 needs to follow in ATS if they have the means. It's obvious that states/countries will not apply. Everything else that SCS can control or have permissions to, they need to come thru for ATS as well. Why would people bother with ATS if ET2 get things that can be provided for ATS as well. It will be an up roar if ATS does not get oversized loads, I can guarantee you that. I won't have to say a word. Others will. I don't make rants for such but I will express my displeasure and plead unfairness. I am sure ATS's streets/road can handle oversized loads much better than ET2. ET2 roads are way to narrow to begin with. There really is no reason not to get oversized into ATS. I would like to hear SCS's excuse for not doing so. It would make all the rant thread and video very valid if they can't produce dlc for one and not the other. If they already mastered multiple pivot points in ATS, the rest should be a cake walk. For all we care, they can use the same trailers they did for heavy haul along with 1-2 special transport trailers for oversized loads in ATS.

I am fully aware of the license issue. The point is that the only US truck manufacturer is Paccar in ATS. If they can get any more trucks in the game, it would be with them until others give permission. I never said they would get more but who is to say they can't. It's only common sense to try getting a few more licenses if you already have a foot in the door with one company.

Return to “General discussion about the game”