This guy don't like ATS or SCS?

mpuone

Re: This guy don't like ATS or SCS?

#81 Post by mpuone » 10 Nov 2017 21:28

The isn't a 1:1 replica, SCS is going to feel of area and some landmarks, not complete accuracy. For example, most of ETS2's map doesn't look much like real Europe. I've only driven in northern France, and though it felt the same, not much was even close to real France.

coring

#82 Post by coring » 10 Nov 2017 22:01

mpuone wrote:
10 Nov 2017 21:28
The isn't a 1:1 replica, SCS is going to feel of area and some landmarks, not complete accuracy. For example, most of ETS2's map doesn't look much like real Europe. I've only driven in northern France, and though it felt the same, not much was even close to real France.
I agree with that, especially just having driven through the NM DLC, I noticed that its about general idea for the area and then their own take on it sized down to 1:20 scale. Compared to irl (driven to NM/AZ/CA many times), it's more of a condensed version with its own idea and less so about accuracy, but still enough accuracy that its believable, which is amazing considering that SCS is based in Europe.

dkasperOO

#83 Post by dkasperOO » 10 Nov 2017 23:19

flight50 wrote:
09 Nov 2017 15:59

Don't get me wrong. I love the cabover's look. Just not the Euro ones. The Kenny K100 and the K200 series are my favorite. Nice and simple on the exterior. Hence my avator. Even the International 9xxx series is okay. The Freightliner Argosy is as far as I will go as the newer ones are starting to look Euro with the front grill. The older ones are cool by me. The best looking Euro truck for me is the Iveco Hi-Way. That is the closet I can get to the style of cabover I like. The Euro motors just don't have that umph sound I need.
The K100 and K200's are nice. Though to be honest I like the look of the Freightliner FLB.
Safe trucking.

flight50

#84 Post by flight50 » 10 Nov 2017 23:57

Vinnie Terranova wrote:
09 Nov 2017 10:37
Personnally I like ATS somewhat more than ETS2, although I'm from Europe. I think it mainly has to do with the width of the lanes: in ATS the lanes are somewhat wider and thus more easy to drive than ETS2. ETS2 is harder to drive when you don't have a steering wheel but just the keyboard.
That being said I've driven all the roads in ATS, so I'm waiting for NM to pick up ATS again. But when I'm finished NM I think I will take another look at ETS2, because I think it's a matter of time to get used to the smaller lanes in ETS2.
Poor guy. You have got to save up the pennies for a wheel. Ahh man, it makes a world of difference. But yes, I agree with the wider roads. I have a wheel and it is definitely a task for me to drive some of the narrow roads in ET2. It is very difficult on some of those on ramps to get doubles and larger cargo on the highway without damaging the load. Are the road actually that narrow in Europe or did SCS just made the smaller than what they really are.
Bocaj wrote:
10 Nov 2017 16:29
Europe has smaller tactor units because of total lenght regulation, if that wasnt a issue you would see bigger cabs in Europe too
The US use to be the same way until they removed that criteria. That is the ultimate reason the US went conventional. You can beat the turning radius of a cabover though.
SiSL wrote:
10 Nov 2017 16:37
Cabovers have much larger driving space, while rest of it hardly "bigger than a car" due to unability to climb a stairs :D

And about lights, it is not for driver to see outside, it is for others to see big truck coming towards them to beware :D
Ah, good to know about the lights. I figured it was to make the truck look shmancy, lol. So are the lights weak lights and don't actually light up the road. I know in the US, some rigs use tons of those amber/orange lights all over the front grill, roof, sides shirts and or the air filter. I don't like those either. I guess I just don't like a cluttered rig, lol. For me, they are not smooth and clean looking.
Glutinous Rice wrote:
10 Nov 2017 21:03
GT182 wrote:
10 Nov 2017 20:56
SCS advertises the Nevada maps as..... "American Truck Simulator New Mexico pursues a real America, not a Hollywood America".
I have never seen SCS use that line before. Where did you see it?
Neither have I. SCS is just trying to provide the driving experience of the US. Not to duplicate it 100% accurately. That would be insane to do.
coring wrote:
10 Nov 2017 22:01
mpuone wrote:
10 Nov 2017 21:28
I agree with that, especially just having driven through the NM DLC, I noticed that its about general idea for the area and then their own take on it sized down to 1:20 scale. Compared to irl (driven to NM/AZ/CA many times), it's more of a condensed version with its own idea and less so about accuracy, but still enough accuracy that its believable, which is amazing considering that SCS is based in Europe.
Yep yep, that's how I see it. I agree with you both. Basically what I stated in my reply above.
dkasperOO wrote:
10 Nov 2017 23:19

The K100 and K200's are nice. Though to be honest I like the look of the Freightliner FLB.
I can work with that one too. There are many models out there in which I am leaving out. I don't know them all. Ohh, there is another I like a lot too. The one that the US makes as a kit or something like that and all one has to do is install the motor and transmisson. I am too lazy right now to find it but I am sure most of you know the one I am talking about.
LOOKING TO BUY AN SKRS SHIFTER?
DO NOT BUY FROM CSIO TECHNOLOGIES

They'll take your payment immediately yet they show no signs of fulfilling orders,
I ordered mine July 6, 2017 and they WILL NOT communicate with me at all!
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

bobgrey1997

#85 Post by bobgrey1997 » 11 Nov 2017 00:41

GT182 wrote:
CARL1992 wrote:
27 Oct 2017 20:24
they have 2 teams working for both games

where is ATS being neglected ?!
Where is ATS being neglected ? Do you want me to really start. And I didn't do the video. It's time you guys at SCS start listening to those of us that either have driven the highways in ATS or live in the areas the sim covers. SCS advertises the Nevada maps as..... "American Truck Simulator New Mexico pursues a real America, not a Hollywood America". Is this a joke or what? All of ATS is a Hollywood America..... unless SCS wants to fix it and make it real as it should be. Be the Simulation you say it is. Then what they advertise can be taken seriously. Until then... not so much. Step up and make ATS what you say it is.
You complained about the same thing in a different thread. Do you just go around to threads with the same complaint? Due to this, I will give you the same answer:
SCS does use the real areas, via Google Maps and Earth, but they do not add every detail. That would require a 1:1 scale, which today's technology can not handle, especially when you add in lighting, shadows, and AI. The amount of data being computed for every source of light, every object to block and reflect that light, and the behavior, routes, models, etc. of EVERY AI in the area... to do that on a 1:1 scale of an ENTIRE CONTINENT is just not possible with current technology.
ImageImage

Hell_Raiser

#86 Post by Hell_Raiser » 11 Nov 2017 01:11

The game would run fine at 1:1 scale, however someone would have to add every tree, bush fire hydrant, street... the amount of time this would take is extraordinary. Plus, 1:1 scale would take forever to drive, and for the price of the entire country at 1:1 scale, I could just drive it in real life, and get whataburger(it really sucks living 4 hours from the closest location).

SabR

#87 Post by SabR » 11 Nov 2017 07:39

GT182, this is Xplorer..
Mission abort!
repeat.. mission abort!
Please correct the coordinates of your expectations & return to Earth. Incase you are out of fuel, one of Loutis's spacecraft with a secondary fuel pod is orbiting Mars 20 miles from you. We can send it over. Do you copy?

GT182 wrote:
All of ATS is a Hollywood America..... unless SCS wants to fix it and make it real as it should be..

Do I get the same feel driving in NM (ingame) like I get from this & other real-life NM videos?
Absolutely!
Job well done SCS!
Image Image Image

angrybirdseller

#88 Post by angrybirdseller » 11 Nov 2017 08:14

👽good Sunday drive picture above

SiSL
Beta tester

#89 Post by SiSL » 11 Nov 2017 08:21

GT182 wrote:
All of ATS is a Hollywood America..... unless SCS wants to fix it and make it real as it should be. Be the Simulation you say it is. Then what they advertise can be taken seriously. Until then... not so much. Step up and make ATS what you say it is.
Here is a non-Hollywood America example from Alburquerque with Turkish radio :D Exactly like the game :D Actually feels pretty same to me with in game.

Sorry dear trucker friend, our GT182 rants about you driving in Hollywood America, not real America ... or he is imagining things... we don't know...

wolfedg

#90 Post by wolfedg » 11 Nov 2017 13:26

@SISL @GT182
GT182 wrote:
..... unless SCS wants to fix it and make it real as it should be.
Sisl I agree but perhaps we are misunderstanding what he means by 'real'
GT I really think you need to define what you mean by 'real' as it is a slippery slope, as is 'simulation'. The best any simulation can do is try to make a realistic representation of whatever it is trying to simulate and to do so compromises must be made. The only way it would be completely REAL in this case would mean you would actually be drivng a truck in New Mexico, and then it would no longer be a simulation.
So the question for you GT182, is which compromises specifically are you unhappy with and how would you suggest they improve?

Return to “General discussion about game”