$11.99 is too much for 1 state.

Lombra

Re: $11.99 is too much for 1 state.

#61 Post by Lombra » 15 Nov 2017 22:56

I don't know if I would call it censorship. They can always come and post here on the forum. It's not like any meaningful discussion is going to be had in the comments section anyway. In fact the accessible format of the comment section practically encourages retarded comments which, as you say, accounts for the majoriy of them and in no way relates to the actual blog post. People posting here are much more likely to put some thought into their words. It's fine for people to be upset about their perceived flaws in the game, but don't go spewing that shit at every given opportunity.
flight50

#62 Post by flight50 » 16 Nov 2017 00:50

Based on what I have experienced with this one guy, yes it should be censored. I don't think there is a moderator to clean up language over there. The back and forth that this guy started with me, was really uncalled for. He didn't like the fact that I told him that if he didn't like the game don't play it. It is his right to complain just as it was mine to tell him to not play. He didn't like that one bit. And I wasn't too fond at how he came at me at all. So I took it down to his level. In the end, I just stopped looking at his replies and I will refrain from commenting on the blog. It is sad that people can ruin the open lines to community with the rest of the world. That guy ruined the blog for me for sure.
vulchor

#63 Post by vulchor » 17 Nov 2017 02:00

They do moderate, and quite well from what I've noticed, however it's 24x7 moderated, so if the off-color comments are written outside of working hours they stay up until next day. I've noticed tons and tons of deleted comments, easily noticed by people replying in outrage to apparently nothing.
organiczero

#64 Post by organiczero » 17 Nov 2017 02:09

Ugh, made the mistake of browsing the comment section about the new Scania, its rage inducing.... apparently the concept of beta is lost on people... I can easily see why one must refrain from engaging people on discussions there, its easy to flip the lid and go on rampage when confronted with such sheer amount of idiocy...
Enjoyingorc6742

#65 Post by Enjoyingorc6742 » 17 Nov 2017 03:55

organiczero wrote: 17 Nov 2017 02:09 Ugh, made the mistake of browsing the comment section about the new Scania, its rage inducing.... apparently the concept of beta is lost on people... I can easily see why one must refrain from engaging people on discussions there, its easy to flip the lid and go on rampage when confronted with such sheer amount of idiocy...
Lemme guess, people are raging at the fact that ets2 gets a new truck while ats does not? Figures
TexasWhirlwind

#66 Post by TexasWhirlwind » 17 Nov 2017 04:42

They are a bunch of cry babies..
-.- -.-. ..... -- ...- ...-
dc5jimbo

#67 Post by dc5jimbo » 17 Nov 2017 06:06

azgoodaz wrote: 09 Nov 2017 17:12 I might get a lot of hate for saying this. But you can't charge $11.99 for 1 state when the standalone game cost $19.99 for 3 states. It's a bad business model for a company to follow. By the time they release all the states, you'll be spending more than $100 for the whole game if each new state cost $11.99 each year a DLC comes out.

1 state should be priced at $5.99, then when you bundle states like New Mexico and Texas you can call the bundle 'The Border' and then charge the $11.99. Just seems more reasonable.

With a $5.99 price tag, you will get more people buying into it. It's not too steep nor low for the amount of work you put into the state. Plus, it's free marketing from reviewers like for example "ATS released their first paid DLC and its JUST $5.99." YouTubers and streamers will both praise this giving the game even more free marketing.

I personally will not be buying this DLC, even when I have money to spend on it. I'll be buying this DLC when it cost $6 - 9 via a sale. It's not worth $12.

----

Edit #1: Added some more info.
seems like you have it all figured out man should make your own game what ever call it trucking with dreams and make a standalone game with 3 states and charge 19.99 then make a dlc for your 5.99 state problem solved . p.s add new york good looks
slemarko

#68 Post by slemarko » 17 Nov 2017 11:22

Price is very very fair, even those, who are notoriously squealing because of the high price, know, that the price is more than fair. Perhaps their problem is, that they do not enjoy much this type of games. In this case, any price is too high.
https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/3167961
ATS / truck - Peterbilt 389 - 833.349 mi / 2325 h of driving / 1194 finished deliveries
ETS2 / truck - Mercedes Benz 3363 New Actros - 819.361 km / 1901 h of driving / 979 finished deliveries
flight50

#69 Post by flight50 » 17 Nov 2017 13:22

All they enjoy the game alright. Otherwise they would be complaining. They are complaining because Nevada and Arizona were basically free additions. Arizona was supposed to be paid dlc but something went wrong with the publishers so they just gave it to everyone. The real problem is they want it all for free or at least 1/2 the US for free. Kick out a free dlc, next one paid, kick out a free dlc, next one paid....etc. SCS won't survive that. They already do updates and trucks for free. Money has to be generated from something and a state/country is where you do it. It's called dlc because you don't have to buy it as it is not necessary for play. DLC = deserved legitimate at cost. For those completely negative about the game it is dishonest lying complainers. It is really disappointing to see so many unfair statements. Criticism is okay and discussion can be civil. But rants, take it to a whole other level. So yeahhhhh, about that. I will just keep out of the blog comments.

In regards to being moderated, I am not quite so sure. The guy I mentioned, our ugly conversation lingered for 2-3 days. I won't be going back to see if its still there but nothing was deleted between me and this guy. And we had 3-4 different exchanges in comments he left on other people comments. He was one of those guy looking to cause problems. His English wasn't good at all and he still called himself wanting to battle with me. One thing he said "I'm not American so don't try to tell me how to talk" I was like lol, okay and. There are many people on the blog and on here that are not American who's English is pretty good and very understandable. The comment I respond to from him was he was telling me he was 30 years old. What he said was "I have 30 year old" So I corrected him and he got pissed. No one has to be American to speak English properly. Or even at the least use it correctly. I understand there are many many dialects in Europe but I am sure this site uses English because it is the chosen International language. You are interacting with the world so other people need to understand what is being said. If you get offended by someone correcting you, it does not warrant a ugly comment. The rant he made was very childish and I told him if he didn't like the cost of NM, don't buy it. That's what started it all. I followed with telling him that he must had been a minor by the way he ranted. Then he stated his age. I came back with at 30 years old, he should be acting like he had more sense that what he was typing. It went all down hill from there, lol.
Laynlow13

#70 Post by Laynlow13 » 17 Nov 2017 14:52

If you already own, or want, the other DLC in the Enchanted Bundle on Steam you can get the NM DLC for 30% off without a sale. I already had the others so I paid $8.40 plus tax to finish off the bundle.
LOOKING TO BUY AN SKRS SHIFTER?
DO NOT BUY FROM CSIO TECHNOLOGIES

They'll take your payment immediately yet they show no signs of fulfilling orders,
I ordered mine May 11, 2017 and they WILL NOT communicate with me at all!
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Return to “General discussion about the game”