$11.99 is too much for 1 state.

flight50

Re: $11.99 is too much for 1 state.

#51 Post by flight50 » 14 Nov 2017 16:30

Bad reviews on Steam will hurt ATS for sure. 200+ hours of cheapness. When it comes time to play expansions, they don't want to pay. That is sad and I am sure that is disappointing to SCS. Now lets see what happens when Italy hits. Will those same cheap o's complain then about price. NM is 121,697 sq miles (314,915 sq km) Italy is 116,306 sq miles (301,230 sq km) both are sort of close in size. But the audience is more abundant with ETS2. Another thing ETS2 has is that it's audience has been thru dlc and paying its prices. NM is the first paid dlc for ATS and apparently those people don't play ETS2 to know how it works. That and the fact that they don't read. I wish there was a way to delete unfair comments. Some people will actually believe in what they read instead of looking into it themselves and screw up everything for everyone else. There really isn't much to complain about with NM.

Actually, I just looked at Steam reviews to witness for myself. Currently there are 355 positives and only 14 negatives. That's not too bad. I will be adding my positive review before long.
angrybirdseller

#52 Post by angrybirdseller » 14 Nov 2017 17:02

Outside USA, Canada, Mexico, Australia most trucks are like what is seen in European Truck. I expected people post nasty reviews because of New Mexico being paid. I would not worry about long as New Mexico gets good reviews and ATS player base grows the game will be fine. If scs can only 3000-6000 miles of drivable road a year in ATS that is fine for now.
SabR

#53 Post by SabR » 14 Nov 2017 17:58

Negative review for not having a pizza on the roof

[ external image ]
organiczero

#54 Post by organiczero » 14 Nov 2017 22:45

@flight50: when i see really unfair reviews i just thumb down them, this is one way of helping the game have a fair rating. Although the amount of positive reviews vs negative ones seems to take care of it alone.
dkasper00

#55 Post by dkasper00 » 14 Nov 2017 22:53

Pizza on the roof... lol
In a world full of swift drivers, I'm an O/O.
flight50

#56 Post by flight50 » 15 Nov 2017 00:21

@organiczero. Yes I do the exact same thing, lol. I did it on steam and I do it a lot on SCS's blog page. The blog is more tedious because it is like trying to talk sense into a brick wall to get people to understand why ATS is where it is. I will have to teach myself to calm down with some of those comments. A lot of those guys are probably not part of this forum. I pass along info I find out on here and I even link it there. Even with evidence, I have gotten a couple of people want to argue me down and get very nasty with me. So naturally I got nasty back as we went back and forth. In the end, that was energy wasted as I did get my buttons pushed. So I will just have to ignore all the negative ones and only entertain the positive comments.
CobraBlue6

#57 Post by CobraBlue6 » 15 Nov 2017 01:11

@flight50, I wouldn't worry too much about the few bad reviews on Steam. In my opinion at least 90% of the comments on Steam forums are made by absolute idiots. I've lost count of the amount of reviews I've read for things that I own and know to work perfectly that have been thumbed down for "bugs" that are actually the result of operator error. This forum is one of the only places on the net where normal civilized discussions can take place and people act like normal human beings. I wouldn't bother reading the comments section of the SCS blog either if I were you, you'll never manage to change the mind of anybody who posts there and exposing yourself to that amount of trolling can only lead to madness ;)
flight50

#58 Post by flight50 » 15 Nov 2017 02:41

@cobrablue6. I just may have to take your advise on not reading the SCS blogs. I actually just really started posting there like month ago, The same reason why I was avoiding it, is why I will have to leave it. This one guy really teed me off recently and I ended up stooping down to his level. When you go to the point to calling me out my name when I did nothing but have a discussion just like on here and pass on information I find on here, I will get quite defensive and turn offense real quick. But yes you are right about this forum. Compared to the SCS blog, there are more civilized discussions on here for the most part. There are disagreements for sure, but the tempers here are much less annoying. So yes, the blog is madness, lol. I will just go back to viewing what SCS has to say and ignore the blogs comments once again. Besides, I was responding to some of them when I was supposed to be working.
bomberswarm2

#59 Post by bomberswarm2 » 15 Nov 2017 14:01

I love how so many people on the Steam Forums have declared the total cost of all 48 states based on New Mexico's price.

Here is a sensible assumption.

New Mexico is the 4th largest US state. It is almost twice the size of the the average state size. So if they are pricing DLCs based on area, the entire 48 states will cost around $260, or around $5-6 on average.
vulchor

#60 Post by vulchor » 15 Nov 2017 22:10

Oh I hope they don't have to go that far. I despise censorship, and not allowing comments is when the trolls win. My local newspaper used to allow comments on every article posted, and it was wonderful to discuss local matters with those in the community that you don't know, and even better that you could critique the reporting publically and call them out when there was obvious bias, or read facts from others that happened to be overlooked or omitted. But then the trolls came, and started using extremely hateful and offensive language, and eventually comments were disabled. The SCS blogs are wonderful and I look forward to every post, and the comments can be fun and enlightening, unfortunately 90% of the comments are off-topic bitching, like "GIVE ME SCANIA NOW!! SCS SUCKS CAN"T DO THEIR JOBS!". I've just learned to skim the comments to find the relevant tasty bits in-between all the chaff.

Return to “General discussion about the game”