$11.99 is too much for 1 state.

llh

Re: $11.99 is too much.

#21 Post by llh » 09 Nov 2017 20:10

Just because you can't afford it doesn't mean everyone else can't. Sheesh.

dan4815
Beta tester

#22 Post by dan4815 » 09 Nov 2017 21:39

The game itself is inexpensive. DLC is good, the price is deserved. You do not buy a pizza once, but NM.

azgoodaz

#23 Post by azgoodaz » 09 Nov 2017 22:02

@ Sora

Why exactly? Because by the time they release all the states, you'll be spending more than $100 for the whole game if each new state cost $11.99 each year a DLC comes out. It's a bad business model.

Just my take on it. Seems like I annoyed a lot of die hard fans.
Last edited by ohaha on 11 Nov 2017 14:17, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quote removed. Do not pyramid quote. Do not quote entire messages. Use direct addressing.

pigbrother

Re: $11.99 is too much for 1 state.

#24 Post by pigbrother » 09 Nov 2017 22:41

What do you know about business models, can we have some details?

Yeah, when the Lower 48 will be done, the game will be quite expensive. However, can you show me a game with a bigger map? ETS2 is in a league of its own and in 2-3 years, ATS will join. Mapping is time consuming and expensive. You cannot name a $60 AAA game with a similar map because there is no such thing. Just like Trains Simulator, a game with $5500 worth of DLCs, ATS and ETS2 are large games and this has a cost. If you want to pay once to drive a truck, just play GTA V or smth.

Hell_Raiser

#25 Post by Hell_Raiser » 09 Nov 2017 22:48

Of course you annoyed a lot of fans, we have been waiting for this DLC for most of the year, and the first thing you do when it comes out is complain about a measly $11.99. Pretty much everyone here would rather pay the $540 that the lower 48 states would cost ($560 including the base game), assuming all future states sell for $11.99, over the years it would take to create all of the remaining states than have development on this game stop because the company ran out of money.

Besides SCS already uses bundles, and sales, so it wouldn't be crazy to expect that people could get everything 50-60% after all of the remaining states are finished.

Edit: for context civVI deluxe with all dlc is normally $118, DCS world is $1139.60 for all the dlc, and the game itself is free. So no, the dlc do not have to be cheaper than the base game, and when it comes to SCS, the newer DLC is far higher quality than the base game, so you are getting more bang for your buck.
Last edited by Hell_Raiser on 09 Nov 2017 22:56, edited 1 time in total.

murdoch82

#26 Post by murdoch82 » 09 Nov 2017 22:50

I saw a mobile title a few days ago that wanted 100 USD's for a skin... for some castle.... so stop complaining.
Hardware: i5 2500k @ 4.2 Ghz - 16 Gb, Kingston HyperX 1600 Mhz - Corsair 90 Gb SSD - Cruscial 480 Gb SSD - 1TB HDD - Sapphire R9 390 8 Gb Nitro OC - QPAD QH-85 Headset - Logitech G29 with H-Shifter - X55 Rhino HOTAS - OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit

flight50

#27 Post by flight50 » 09 Nov 2017 22:54

I will read all this later but for now, I am jumping right to my comment. If 11.99 is too expensive, why post it. We all know the price. Either you pay it to play now or wait. Just don't buy it an find another game for now. Complaining about the price is not going to get the price lowered. Wait for a deal or catch it when its price drops. By that time, the rest of us will be playing the next state SCS releases and I am sure you will complain about it's price too. I am sure you like pizza right. A quality pizza cost more than this dlc and this dlc last much longer and you get months on top of months of enjoyment. How many pizzas will you buy over those months and months to get that same enjoyment. So yeah, you will get flamed. You set yourself up for this one. I will say though, you are not the only one that doesn't like the price and you won't be the last. I tell you what, go to work next week and tell your boss you will show up, work hard and late hours and that you don't want to get paid for your hard work. Do that for 9 months and see how you like it.
LOOKING TO BUY AN SKRS SHIFTER?
DO NOT BUY FROM CSIO TECHNOLOGIES

They'll take your payment immediately yet they show no signs of fulfilling orders,
I ordered mine July 6, 2017 and they WILL NOT communicate with me at all!
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

RichardHeade1

#28 Post by RichardHeade1 » 10 Nov 2017 00:59

@azgoodaz

Are you a businessman, or. just another whiny customer who expects a lot for very little, what do you know anyway about business acumen amd models?

Do you know anything about running any type of business, buying, or, renting commercial buildings, paying utility bills, insurance for property and assets, staff salaries and pension schemes, staff car lease and all travel arrangements, childcare and other staff benefits, seminar, demonstration and exhibition materials, IT engineers and equipment for over 100 staff, stationary and office requisites, marketing and advertising, finance and banking, Director's bonuses and share premiums, internet and other website running costs, Human Resources operations, company Solicitors and other legal teams, Public Relations, Tax and Auditing Departments, subscriptions, maps, drawings, diagrams and books for research for product and game building, copyright and legal licences from Road Vehicle Manufacturers so we can have proper corporate names on all our trucks, the list is endless......I'm surprised SCS only charged everyone $11.99, it could be a lot more.
Reason: Quote removed. Do not quote entire messages. Use direct addressing.

murdoch82

#29 Post by murdoch82 » 10 Nov 2017 01:30

@ RichardHeade

Are you a businessman, or. just another whiny customer who expects a lot for very little, what do you know anyway about business acumen amd models?

Do you know anything about running any type of business, buying, or, renting commercial buildings, paying utility bills, insurance for property and assets, staff salaries and pension schemes, staff car lease and all travel arrangements, childcare and other staff benefits, seminar, demonstration and exhibition materials, IT engineers and equipment for over 100 staff, stationary and office requisites, marketing and advertising, finance and banking, Director's bonuses and share premiums, internet and other website running costs, Human Resources operations, company Solicitors and other legal teams, Public Relations, Tax and Auditing Departments, subscriptions, maps, drawings, diagrams and books for research for product and game building, copyright and legal licences from Road Vehicle Manufacturers so we can have proper corporate names on all our trucks, the list is endless......I'm surprised SCS only charged everyone $11.99, it could be a lot more.
[/quote]

I'll be back, I'll read this when I've finished school! brb! :O

okej, sckool don! mucho intrectin pojnts! *tumbs upp for dis oan!*

Prcies are excellent, period! If you dont think so, read above post again, and again, and again till you get it....
Reason: Quote removed. Do not pyramid quote. Do not quote entire messages. Use direct addressing.
Hardware: i5 2500k @ 4.2 Ghz - 16 Gb, Kingston HyperX 1600 Mhz - Corsair 90 Gb SSD - Cruscial 480 Gb SSD - 1TB HDD - Sapphire R9 390 8 Gb Nitro OC - QPAD QH-85 Headset - Logitech G29 with H-Shifter - X55 Rhino HOTAS - OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Eagle_Eye

#30 Post by Eagle_Eye » 10 Nov 2017 03:58

azgoodaz wrote:
09 Nov 2017 17:12
I might get a lot of hate for saying this. But you can't charge $11.99 for 1 state when the standalone game cost $19.99 for 3 states.
So you pay for basic ATS, which in itself is a fully functioning game.. Bargain Price..

How many people pay $90 for a game, only to have support dropped after a year because there is a complete new version of the game, so they pay another $90 for the newer version..

I have about US$47 into the game, that's about AU$68 for me..

253 hours game time for me = US18 cents an hour for my amusement, and it gets cheaper the more I play..

Absolute Bargain..

Don't be cheap, support our game..

PS, I haven't read the whole thread yet, so sorry if I'm repeating what others have said..

Cheers
EE

Return to “General discussion about game”