$11.99 is too much for 1 state.

vulchor

Re: $11.99 is too much for 1 state.

#41 Post by vulchor » 13 Nov 2017 11:43

Personally I thought the price was a little cheap, I was expecting closer to $16 USD. NM is quite a bit smaller than France, so it makes sense that its cheaper, and I'm willing to spend more for this content since I love it so much, so actually the $12 price point is actually perfect. Honestly, NM has surpassed my expectations by leaps and bounds. I can't believe they were able to create something so beautiful out of a notoriously ugly state. I hope they'll be able to repeat the same miracle with the great plains states, yuck (I live on the eastern edge of the plains, so I know it will be a miracle to make them look good, however I hope they nail the Dakota badlands, so much beauty and finally some elevation!).

Trident R.S.

#42 Post by Trident R.S. » 13 Nov 2017 12:16

Very old style going east dlc for ETS2 9.99€, brand new and awesome New Mexico dlc for ATS 11.99€
Is pretty obvious what is right priced.

RTobi

#43 Post by RTobi » 13 Nov 2017 13:35

Had the chance to buy it for 8.99 or so but purchased it for 11.99 :) Gotta pay well for some nice quality :)

flight50

#44 Post by flight50 » 13 Nov 2017 13:55

vulchor wrote:
13 Nov 2017 11:43
Personally I thought the price was a little cheap, I was expecting closer to $16 USD. NM is quite a bit smaller than France, so it makes sense that its cheaper, and I'm willing to spend more for this content since I love it so much, so actually the $12 price point is actually perfect. Honestly, NM has surpassed my expectations by leaps and bounds. I can't believe they were able to create something so beautiful out of a notoriously ugly state. I hope they'll be able to repeat the same miracle with the great plains states, yuck (I live on the eastern edge of the plains, so I know it will be a miracle to make them look good, however I hope they nail the Dakota badlands, so much beauty and finally some elevation!).
I agree that they did a wonderful job on NM. They are mostly receiving high 5's all the way around. When they announced NM, most where probably like....whatttt? I can't say they made something out of nothing because I am sure NM has some offerings. I have never been there so I can't not say that it has nothing. I also understand that people want to see greenery or Mountains with snow caps. The states are as they are and SCS is doing a pretty good job at giving us the feeling of the region.

But to comment on the Great Pains, it definitely will be interesting to see how they pull them off. The best way is probably farming and lots of it. Farming is one of their biggest industries so just like Texas, ranching and live stock should be in abundance here but not to the point where it is over exaggerated.

SCS will have to do some homework to come up with anything else. A lot of wide open flat lands of nothing but open roads. I group North and South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas and Oklahoma all in the same boat with Utah, Montana, Idaho and Wyoming. There isn't a lot of roadwork going on here in regards to interstates. Each has 1-2 interstates rolling thru it and the rest are state highways connecting to the Interstates. Lots of small towns to add in these several states. Reusing existing assets for small towns mixed in with a few new ones should do these states a justice as being able to kick them out quickly. We may even see bundles with them considering the lack of complexity.
Last edited by flight50 on 13 Nov 2017 14:04, edited 1 time in total.
LOOKING TO BUY AN SKRS SHIFTER?
DO NOT BUY FROM CSIO TECHNOLOGIES

They'll take your payment immediately yet they show no signs of fulfilling orders,
I ordered mine July 6, 2017 and they WILL NOT communicate with me at all!
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Gazer75

#45 Post by Gazer75 » 13 Nov 2017 14:03

I got it for 80 NOK outside the bundle and that's like 8.4€/9.8$.
Was quite surprised by that low price tbh. When I saw the initial 11.99€ price I had expected it to be like 99NOK.

Can compare prices at different currencies here: https://steamdb.info/app/684630/

leftergr

#46 Post by leftergr » 14 Nov 2017 07:40

It's not like they are publishing a dlc state every month , so you need to spent on a regular basis 10-15€ ....... It takes 5-6 months for a dlc to come out .

So in that way , personally I am am willing to pay the money SCS asks for a dlc once or twice a year !!! Especially at the quality that SCS's dlc are nowadays !!!
Member of the GREEK Euro Truck Simulator 2 team http://www.ets2.gr

Facebook page of GREEK Euro Truck Simulator 2 team https://www.facebook.com/groups/greekets2/

My World Of Truck Profile https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/online ... p?id=58165

dodgerfan4eva

#47 Post by dodgerfan4eva » 14 Nov 2017 07:47

$11.99 is fair price. I wouldn't be surprised when they release Texas it'll be $20+ on how big the state is.

Leen

#48 Post by Leen » 14 Nov 2017 08:00

Let's say 50 states for 11,99 euro each cost you over the years 599,50, you can say that's expensive for a game with all DLC's but for 11,99 euro let's say a year of fun it isn't that expensive.
Buy a bottle of whiskey for Christmas what cost you about a 30 euro, you can say it's expensive to but for once in a year the price is relative cheap instead to buy it each 2 months.
The ETS2 DLC's have almost the same price and no one is complaining, if you find that the price is to expensive you can wait till the next steam sale I suppose if you are not the kind of player who wants always as first the newest stuff.
Author of the Scania stock L6 sound / Mercedes Actros MP 3 sound / MB Actros MP4 sound / DAF XF 105/ Euro6/50K sound

Voltaire1971

#49 Post by Voltaire1971 » 14 Nov 2017 10:21

azgoodaz wrote:
09 Nov 2017 17:12
I might get a lot of hate for saying this.
Hate? Hopefully not. But every lack of understanding of your sentiment is, to be honest, well deserved.

And I really don`t understand all these people, who downvoted ATS with their Reviews during the last days because of "they charged too much" or even "they charged anything at all". Is it really, by any chance, a reasonable thought to expect that SCS develops the whole USA during the next 10 or 15 years and nobody has to pay for that effort?

And as far as "too much" is concerned. It is irrelevant what anyone thinks what a reasonable price is. The only important thing is the amount of costs they had during the development process. And the fact, that they do not only have to break even, but also make a profit. And if the result is 11.99, then I am fine with that. Of course 5.99 would be better for your purse, but then the company goes broke and we get nothing at all. I wonder if the people, who complain about the price, would prefer that over paying 12 bucks once a year (I repeat: once a year, that is one buck per month).

The amount of entitlement, references to perceived "promises" allegedly made by SCS and unreasonable expectations I have read recently really boggles the mind. :(

saur44l

#50 Post by saur44l » 14 Nov 2017 16:04

It a shame about all those reviews on steam right now,and for the irony to be even bigger,majority of those downvotes are coming from people who have more than 200 hours of ATS gameplay........Who on earth would expect that for 20 or 10 euros(when on sale) you will get free lifetime subscription on new content. :roll:

Return to “General discussion about game”