$11.99 is too much for 1 state.

Laynlow13

Re: $11.99 is too much for 1 state.

#71 Post by Laynlow13 » 17 Nov 2017 14:52

If you already own, or want, the other DLC in the Enchanted Bundle on Steam you can get the NM DLC for 30% off without a sale. I already had the others so I paid $8.40 plus tax to finish off the bundle.
LOOKING TO BUY AN SKRS SHIFTER?
DO NOT BUY FROM CSIO TECHNOLOGIES

They'll take your payment immediately yet they show no signs of fulfilling orders,
I ordered mine May 11, 2017 and they WILL NOT communicate with me at all!
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

vulchor

#72 Post by vulchor » 17 Nov 2017 20:44

flight50 wrote:
17 Nov 2017 13:22
In regards to being moderated, I am not quite so sure. The guy I mentioned, our ugly conversation lingered for 2-3 days. I won't be going back to see if its still there but nothing was deleted between me and this guy. And we had 3-4 different exchanges in comments he left on other people comments. He was one of those guy looking to cause problems. His English wasn't good at all and he still called himself wanting to battle with me. One thing he said "I'm not American so don't try to tell me how to talk" I was like lol, okay and. There are many people on the blog and on here that are not American who's English is pretty good and very understandable. The comment I respond to from him was he was telling me he was 30 years old. What he said was "I have 30 year old" So I corrected him and he got pissed. No one has to be American to speak English properly. Or even at the least use it correctly. I understand there are many many dialects in Europe but I am sure this site uses English because it is the chosen International language. You are interacting with the world so other people need to understand what is being said. If you get offended by someone correcting you, it does not warrant a ugly comment. The rant he made was very childish and I told him if he didn't like the cost of NM, don't buy it. That's what started it all. I followed with telling him that he must had been a minor by the way he ranted. Then he stated his age. I came back with at 30 years old, he should be acting like he had more sense that what he was typing. It went all down hill from there, lol.
Ugh, its possible that the unlucky individual in charge of moderating has just gotten completely overwhelmed by the vapid and offensive cancer that spreads in those comments. That too bad. As for your non-native speaker, he has no desire to learn. I despise people like that, who choose ignorance. If you make an attempt to speak in a language that is not your native tongue, it makes no sense to learn just a few words and then stop, and ignore or even get upset at people trying to help make you a better speaker. To me, that's essentially slapping someone who is handing you a hundred dollar bill. Why even bother, just accept your ignorance and only speak in your native language if it's not going to make sense to other people anyway. At least that way if we choose to know what you're saying, we can use Google translate and it will do a better a job, and even better, we can just straight up ignore what your saying since the discussion is supposed to be in English in the first place, lol.

To the rest of you non-native English speakers that continue to attempt to master this bastardized language (probably 99.9% of the non-native English speakers out there), I commend your efforts. I've taken a few years of French and German each, and a single year of Japanese (that was pretty hopeless for me, unfortunately), so I know the struggle and am amazed with how well almost everyone on here speaks. To come from an English language country is to practically have the privilege of universal communication that most, especially us Americans, take for granted. I've met many people who can talk as well as a native English speaker just because of the music and movies they grew up with. I wish the amount of anime I'd watched in my life made me as fluent in Japanese as those folks who picked up English in a similar fashion.

angrybirdseller

#73 Post by angrybirdseller » 17 Nov 2017 21:14

The scs blog, its given its troll bottom feeder, and when 30 year old talks like teenager troll they lost couple brain cells. Trolls can be native English speakers or not they all use same techniques to get reaction out of people. Best thing to do is ignore them those sociopathic trolls.

flight50

#74 Post by flight50 » 17 Nov 2017 22:08

In a nutshell, I will just stay out of the blog comments like I started out. I only started commenting once NM went into open beta I believe. But yes, there is too much idiocy there.

You know, considering this is ATS's first paid dlc, I want to get to the next 2-3 in line so that people can calm down about the price. The price will vary. I don't understand why so many assume that $12 will be the set price for everything...... and these are adult or at the least people with the capacity to have common sense. It's just that too many of them choose not to have that sense. Excluding Alaska, what we have in game are the 3rd, 5th, 6th and 7th largest states to travel in. Only one of those were paid so there was no way to gauge prices to compare to a previous. Getting 3-4 paid dlc will give us this idea of cost moving forward. I sure hope they hold off on Texas for another 1-2 years though. It's price tag could cripple new comers thought process. The price tag on it should at the least be the same as the base game. It's too massive and the road network is the largest to come since California. Montana is actually smaller than California but covering it won't be as tedious as Texas. So in the top ten largest states in the US the is left, we have Texas=1st, Montana=4th, Colorado=8th, Oregon=9th and Wyoming=10th. 9th and 10th drops up under the 100,000 sq miles mark. Prices will just go south of New Mexico (not including Texas of course). Without discounts and assuming all states will release as single states, I figure prices will be set from $6.99-10.99.

I wish there was a plan that SCS would share in regards to what order they plan to release states. At least the next 3 in the que. I know there is a thread around here somewhere that has research material for SCS to view. I am not sure whether they take any of it in consideration but its material that Americans stock pile to aid SCS in there research. Knowing what order they plan to release states, we all can pitch in to help feed SCS information. What better way to gain knowledge than from some one familiar with the state. I know they won't share a que with us as it's more or less wishful thinking, but hey, anything is possible.

They'll take your payment immediately yet they show no signs of fulfilling orders,
I ordered mine July 6, 2017 and they WILL NOT communicate with me at all!
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Laynlow13

#75 Post by Laynlow13 » 18 Nov 2017 05:35

@flight50

In regards to upcoming states, I believe they will work on the remaining states bordering CA/NV. Because they've stated they haven't quite nailed down how they will resolve the travel problem for people not owning adjoining DLC states.

I ordered mine May 11, 2017 and they WILL NOT communicate with me at all!
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

flight50

#76 Post by flight50 » 18 Nov 2017 20:11

At this point, I would assume they have figure how to deal with those that don't purchase (x) dlc but choose to go with (y) dlc. I know I won't have that issue though so I won't have to worry about teleporting. The best way is probably to use a weight station at a border just as the ferry system in ETS2 at the sea/ocean's edge. Using a train to transport just doesn't happen here in the States. River boats won't work either. Either way, there has to be some sort of menu system to choose which location one wants to go once more dlc options become available. If not that, the only other way is to use a copy of the dlc in a base map form. Meaning, SCS will have to provide both a dlc with all its content and a stripped out version of that dlc state. The stripped out version should consist of the interstates with gas station/rest stop combo. These combos can be the exact ones from the dlc in their same locations as the dlc. I say use a stripped out version because if SCS uses the actual dlc state and just deactivate for people who didn't pay, someone will probably figure out a way to work around it. It will be simple to make a copy and strip out the dlc for non paying players. One for the base game and then on for the dlc that will sale.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

mpuone

#77 Post by mpuone » 18 Nov 2017 20:28

I honestly would hate to drive through I stripped down version of a DLC state. It would either be super boring, or frustrating that all the connecting roads are locked off.

I was thinking more of a teleport system, much like the ferry system in ETS2. Say you own Washington state, but not Oregon. You would still be able to get cargo going from California to Washington, however once you reach to California state border, a teleport prompt would appear, allowing you to select which border connecting road in Washington you would like to spawn at. Then, like the ferry system, the time it would take to drive that distance would pass, etc.

Frontiersman

#78 Post by Frontiersman » 18 Nov 2017 20:44

What about a discount system? For example whenever Texas is released, if NM is the only existing DLC that connected to TX at that time, offer Texas/NM bundle for $17 US, Texas alone for $15. I think that would alleviate a lot of potential BS. I mean they can't please everyone, but that way those that want the new DLC at release can get it, and those that want to wait until it's necessary can get it deeply discounted.

flight50

#79 Post by flight50 » 19 Nov 2017 00:42

Based on NM, there will be a discount regardless. It is targeting newcomers but those that have the game already can cash in as well. Some got NM in a bundle for $8 instead of the $12 price tag. I didn't pay attention to how cheap I could have gotten it and I just paid $14 for the wheel pack and NM. Deals will happen though. Although offering a Tx/Nm bundle would work, it still doesn't solve the situation for those that truly do not want to own every dlc. Providing a package such as the mentioned above, entices and/or forces those to get the dlc. That could work for or against the gamer.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Enjoyingorc6742

#80 Post by Enjoyingorc6742 » 19 Nov 2017 15:35

i like getting stuff the cheapest i can. i got NM at $12 and found out later i could get it for $8 instead. oh well. NM is VERY good, 10/10, would buy more DLC for ATS.

Return to “General discussion about game”