Thank You For New Mexico

flight50

Re: Thank You For New Mexico

#21 Post by flight50 » 10 Nov 2017 20:09

CARL1992 wrote:
10 Nov 2017 15:56
polishing something takes longer then making it from scratch because external teams work differently then SCS themselves

it would be just a waste of time to make a map external just so SCS can, again, go over it to bring it up to standard
If this what the case, SCS would not have tried it in the first place to use an external team. Apparently SCS trusted them for a reason. I know their preference is to have it all done in house or at least the team come in to get briefed/trained on SCS standards. Any new employ would have to go thru this as well. A lot of jobs are able to work remotely and use Go-Meetings and other means to communicate. So the statement mpuone made, is very valid.

I would go all the way to the East coast with the external team though. Perhaps start at all the Central Plains and work back West to meet SCS in house team. Or just give them an adjacent state next to the one SCS is currently developing. For example: if SCS is doing Oregon next, give the external team Washington. If SCS is doing Utah next, give the Colorado. Allow the external team to be one step behind SCS. I doubt very seriously with SCS guidance if it will be easier to start from scratch. Once SCS trains them, SCS can do all the optimizations and polishing to their liking if need be. One thing I was taught coming out of school and going into the professional world was to work smarter and not harder. If majority of the work is done, why redo it. This external team did not pull their weight for what ever reason. At the same time SCS attempted it for a reason. How ever they can get more content out quicker that is the route they will have to continue to at least explore. People are not just banging down their door for employment. I know a lot of people there come from the modding community. There are just not enough to flood SCS. Plus SCS has to generates funding and the dlc's will hopefully give that boost.

Hi andrei383, will you be updating your real company box trailers for 1.29? Currently I am running without mods until I see newer ones being posted for 1.29 and not 1.29 or 1.29x. You have one of the must have mods for me, lol.
LOOKING TO BUY AN SKRS SHIFTER?
DO NOT BUY FROM CSIO TECHNOLOGIES

They'll take your payment immediately yet they show no signs of fulfilling orders,
I ordered mine July 6, 2017 and they WILL NOT communicate with me at all!
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

jaws

#22 Post by jaws » 11 Nov 2017 07:05

Thank you SCS for all your hard work on this :)
My Flickr! My YT! 8-) I am Always on latest patch.
Forum TUT! SCS Support support@scssoft.com

RTobi

#23 Post by RTobi » 11 Nov 2017 16:32

New Mexico is awesome! It's funny for me - the free Arizona add-on was released in fall 2015, shortly after I've been to Arizona. I've been to New Mexico this September and shortly after that, they release the New Mexico DLC. The first small tour I took in NM was how I drove in real life. I still have to explore like 90% of the state. It looks totally amazing so far! Love the colors and how SCS did everything, especially the landscape when driving from Holbrook, AZ to Albuquerque, NM. It looks epic and pretty real! (Saw the rocks on the AZ-NM border and they look stunningly beautiful!). Will take a close look on the easter eggs. The stones look so beautiful and real, same for all flat or hilly landscapes with the bushes :)

wolfedg

#24 Post by wolfedg » 11 Nov 2017 20:46

@RtOBI
So I'm just curious, do you have any vacation plans in the next year or so?
jk lol

RTobi

#25 Post by RTobi » 12 Nov 2017 18:50

Wolfedg, LOL - actually not. But my dad wanted to travel with me from Las Vegas to California, up through Oregon (you know it was hinted a few days ago lol!!), Washington and all the way to Denver, CO. But i want to have a quiet next year with no major holidays.

FilMit

#26 Post by FilMit » 13 Nov 2017 10:02

Bravo SCS, you are the best! I again believe in you!
I hope the same innovations, as in 1.29, are expected and ETS2 ? ....

Tirol

#27 Post by Tirol » 13 Nov 2017 10:54

RTobi wrote:
11 Nov 2017 16:32
New Mexico is awesome! It's funny for me - the free Arizona add-on was released in fall 2015, shortly after I've been to Arizona.
There was no American Truck simulator in 2015.

doktorpixel14

#29 Post by doktorpixel14 » 13 Nov 2017 15:14

RTobi wrote:
11 Nov 2017 16:32
the free Arizona add-on was released in fall 2015
And it was released in June. I don't know where you live, but here in Germany it is summer in June (and winter in southern hemisphere...) :)

EDIT: Ok, If you live in southern hemisphere it actually was fall at the release :D :roll:

oggich

#30 Post by oggich » 13 Nov 2017 15:22

+1 for NM DLC. There is always room for improvement,especially in the base file;meaning,better support for low spec PC's,etc.. I am seeing new cities being hinted across NM;Amarilo,El Paso,just to name these two. There are others,but i haven't got to that part of the map yet,so i don't know. Could it be Texas map expansion next? or Utah?

Return to “General discussion about game”