Not standar to the Caltrans MUTCD

flight50

Re: Not standar to the Caltrans MUTCD

#11 Post by flight50 » 16 Nov 2017 23:37

I did attempt to use the Italy map several months back in ETS2. But once SCS announced that they were doing Italy, I deleted it. Considering I am not as familiar with Europe as I am with the US, I really wouldn't know how realistic anything is anyways. If the interchanges are as complex as you state, I would be willing to try them. Currently, I find only France having a good highway setup. I know Italy will be up to par so no worries on it. One thing that does annoy me with ETS2 are the on ramps and how narrow the roads are. If Promods fixes these issue, I would be willing to try Promods. But no thanks for ATS. I can stick to my no map mods for it. As of now, I still don't run truck mods in ATS. Only truck I may bring is in my beloved K200 that I use in ETS2.
Gazer75

#12 Post by Gazer75 » 17 Nov 2017 00:17

We are going a bit off topic here but oh well :)

Make yourself a new profile and add Promods map only to it.
Then look around the map and zoom into the interchanges on roads.
Maybe take some quick jobs to get a feel for it.
There are very few of the basic interchanges left in the base map.
Most of the base map is rebuilt.
https://youtu.be/UTFpc_ISSCw

Now... lets get back on topic :P
flight50

#13 Post by flight50 » 17 Nov 2017 00:59

Wow. That video actually looks pretty darn good. I will go make a new profile and try that as you suggested. Thanks for shedding light my way. I just may find that I too can't play ETS2 without Promods based on that video, lol.

As far as being on topic, I think we are good. This thread was started on the 11th and you and I are the only ones commenting in here. Topics get off slightly in all threads. We kinda staying on topic though. You are basically telling me that signs are everywhere in Promods. I like signs, I just don't know where the cities are in Europe to follow the signs 100%. Unlike the US, since I am native to it, majority of all the big cities, I know exactly where they are on the map. With some of the smaller cities I either know them as well or I have an idea on where they are on the map. Signs are awesome though. It's funny how much more pleasant ATS has become with the new signage system. Since my ATS drought, I don't recall how poor the sign were honestly. I was getting use to ETS2 and needing gps.

Good thing for ATS is that they came up with this signage system while the map is still fairly small. Moving forward, future dlc will get the NM treatment. Who knows, in 3-4 more dlc's, there may be another big break thru for ATS/ETS2. The potential of SCS's two flagship games is unlimited imo. With the way they are constructed, the updates and upgrades will never really die out. We can't do that with old school games. Once it hit the shelf, you got what you got. There was no updating, no patches, no dlc. Times have definitely changed for the better good of gaming across the board.
rocknrollDaVE
Beta tester

#14 Post by rocknrollDaVE » 28 Nov 2017 13:32

also how SCS in CA forgot to add the right white line break and angled line before every highway exit
I'm on a mission to ensure the city of Pittsburgh is accurately represented in ATS.
◇ Link to World of Trucks profile below ◇

[ external image ]

Return to “General discussion about the game”