City buses

saur44l

City buses

#1 Post by saur44l » 17 Nov 2017 22:59

Prior to 1.29 when driving through major cities like Las Vegas,San Francisco and etc,you would encounter city buses(transit,coommuter,public or whatever is the right word :mrgreen: )........now that is no longer a case.To tell the truth I am running Jazzycat mods and maybe that has to do with something or they were part of some of his mods and after the update they are no longer there.
Blackspots

Re: City buses

#2 Post by Blackspots » 17 Nov 2017 23:53

The game has three city buses with generic names, and a Greyhound bus with a generic name. Jazzycat's AI mod has a whole bunch more busses in it with real life names.
Author: C2C Eastern New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas improvments
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico
flight50

#3 Post by flight50 » 21 Nov 2017 18:27

I have only seen like 2 bus types and that is with Jazzycat's mod. I am seeing wayyyy to many Greyhound buses and it really tees me off. I agree that there use to more buses though. The bus ratio I see is like 15:1 Greyhound. I do see a few less Greyhounds on the highways but way too many on the back and city roads. It use to be much more even. I wonder if mod order needs to be modified a bit. I am also waiting for the mega bus mod to be updated. The author hasn't updated it for 1.29. Perhaps I may have to find a bus pack.
arthurcfbr

#4 Post by arthurcfbr » 21 Nov 2017 20:02

My Twtich Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/boriscec_acf (Lives in Portuguese, but I do speak english)
flight50

#5 Post by flight50 » 21 Nov 2017 20:25

^. Yes, he did say city. Which is why I stated, I only see 2 bus types .... and city isn't one of them. My game is dominated by Greyhound. It is only Greyhound because I am using a real company mod. Otherwise it would be a boat load of the default bus and still no city bus. Perhaps city buses only tied to large cities only with the way the new traffic rules are setup. I haven't been to many actual cities as of lately. I need to try that out and use the dev cam or just drive around in one of the big cities to check.
arthurcfbr

#6 Post by arthurcfbr » 21 Nov 2017 21:13

Sorry @flight50. I misread your comment. It isn't a good idea read in another laguage fast. :oops:
My Twtich Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/boriscec_acf (Lives in Portuguese, but I do speak english)
saur44l

#7 Post by saur44l » 21 Nov 2017 23:30

This is the type of the bus that is no longer present in the ATS traffic,before 1.29 you could find them in almost every major city in California and Nevada.Ever since 1.29 there is another issue regarding ai traffic,garbage trucks,prior to 1.29 they used to spawn in most of the ingame cities,now so far I have seen them only in Las Vegas and San Francisco.

[ external image ]
cip

#8 Post by cip » 22 Nov 2017 00:43

obviously guys you haven't heard about me, reading my signature you will discover a traffic density mod for ATS 1.29.
should help you with the buses. I use jazzycat's bus mod also in order to increase the number of buses, 2 buses is way too small :shock: you should know that I have set however more buses in cities than in other roads... and g_traffic should be default (1)
good luck! :lol:
Enjoy driving with my Real Traffic Density for ETS2 and ATS
Enjoy listening my Real Ai Traffic FMOD Sounds for ETS2 and ATS
I have quit SCS forum...
flight50

#9 Post by flight50 » 22 Nov 2017 15:30

I tried Meatball traffic mod and modded it to my liking but I didn't notice a bus change. So when I get home for the day perhaps I will download yours and try it out if I can get more buses. I assume your mod has buses in all cities including New Mexico correct? The Greyhound spawning is so unrealistic.
cip

#10 Post by cip » 22 Nov 2017 16:54

I don't own NM DLC yet, but a traffic density mod don't take into account what buses spawn where, we can set globally how many buses goes in cities, local roads, freeways, etc, at certain moment of the day. the same with cars, trucks, slow vehicles, personally I create some charts (see my topic) and this is how we build the traffic density.
to set further, what bus should be spawned more often and which less, you need to identify the traffic files in the country folders, these files in countries are build usually by traffic packs modders
Enjoy driving with my Real Traffic Density for ETS2 and ATS
Enjoy listening my Real Ai Traffic FMOD Sounds for ETS2 and ATS
I have quit SCS forum...

Return to “General discussion about the game”