Alaska and Hawaii?

flight50

Re: Alaska and Hawaii?

#21 Post by flight50 » 06 Dec 2017 00:31

I don't mind paying for quality map mods. For someone to take time and put some effort into the map, I would pay for it much quicker than I would be willing to try a free mod. Of course I would have to do some research and judge my reviews from that modder. For instance MHApro has a paid mod. So far so good. There are a few things that I don't like but nothing is crashing my game or just flat out a no no. Granted I have not explored all the areas, I do however will continue to use it as SCS provides more states.
angrybirdseller

#22 Post by angrybirdseller » 06 Dec 2017 01:12

Not against at all adding British Columbia if Washington is added. Western Canada would be far easier to build while adding Montana and Dakotas. The assets are more interchangeable between North Dakota and Saskatchewan then Saskatchewan and Quebec. Alaska to be honest I care less about Alaska and Hawaii that what cargo ships are for.
murdoch82

#23 Post by murdoch82 » 06 Dec 2017 01:13

One state at a time, anyone expecting all lower 48 ever, is out of their minds... thats a massive undertaking, and I'm sure we all want it and would buy it and SCS wanna do it but want and do is two completely different things.

Any state that adds more roads and things to see is awesome, if they do 5 or 35 states, does not matter too much, the game will be awesome either way.

It seems people still come on here and think they throw all the expansions togther over a weekend and a truck takes 20 minutes to do....... >_<
PC: AMD Ryzen R9 5900X, 32 Gb 3200 Mhz,MSI X570S Tomahawk WifI MAX, 6750XT 12Gb, 2x LG 27GL650B-F 144 Hz 1 x ASUS 24" 60 hz 3x1080p, G29 + H-Shifter, TrackIR5
Solo_Kamen

#24 Post by Solo_Kamen » 06 Dec 2017 07:11

Vinnie Terranova wrote: 04 Dec 2017 21:33 For the game to work on newer hardware in the future, SCS probably has to hire an extra team.
They have a programmers team dedicated to improving the game engine for both ATS and ETS2
flight50

#25 Post by flight50 » 06 Dec 2017 15:06

murdoch82 wrote: 06 Dec 2017 01:13 One state at a time, anyone expecting all lower 48 ever, is out of their minds... thats a massive undertaking, and I'm sure we all want it and would buy it and SCS wanna do it but want and do is two completely different things.

Any state that adds more roads and things to see is awesome, if they do 5 or 35 states, does not matter too much, the game will be awesome either way.

It seems people still come on here and think they throw all the expansions togther over a weekend and a truck takes 20 minutes to do....... >_<
Your post is totally being a pessimist. I am sure SCS's goal is not to just provide a few states. 5, really, that's not even scratching the surface. Based on your avatar, looks like you are more of an ETS2 fan than an ATS fan. Sooo would you like it if ETS2 only had Germany and perhaps just Going East. If you say yes, you are selling yourself short.....big time. There is nothing wrong with wanting more quality content considering SCS has shown time and time again to put out a good product. They would not invest in a new office nor hire more to meet the demand of kicking out more dlc if they just expect to roll over and quit now. Unless of coarse you think this is all for ETS2. SCS's goal prior to ATS's release was to do North America. Hence "American Simulator" and not "United States Simulator". If that was their goal, I am riding with them on their goal and hope they can achieve it.

There is nothing wrong with expecting all 48 states. It's no more wrong than you stating we are out of our minds. That statement is a slap in the face to us that favor ATS over ETS2. I am from the US and much rather play ATS over ETS2. ETS2 has been good to me but it is still unfamiliar territory. Roads, trucks and traffic laws are totally different for me. Will SCS give all 48, no one knows but can it happen, yes it can. We just have to wait and see. With time and money, anything is possible.

To say that whether its 5 states or 35 doesn't matter that is being very selfish. I would never say to stop developing ETS2 for the Euro fans. I tell you what, go delete all your dlc from ETS2 and see if it matters. So SCS trying to do Europe in not a massive overtaking but doing ATS is? Are you serious? You do know that Europe is actually larger than the 48 states right? What do you mean you people? No one in this particular thread said anything about doing a map in a weekend, a month nor 3 months so that was an incorrect assumption on your part as no one expects that. To even get all 48, we are looking at 15+ years. I wasn't aware that speculating and wanting more was a crime or a violation of forum rules.
murdoch82

#26 Post by murdoch82 » 07 Dec 2017 08:20

Impressive how you get things so wrong flighty buddy...
PC: AMD Ryzen R9 5900X, 32 Gb 3200 Mhz,MSI X570S Tomahawk WifI MAX, 6750XT 12Gb, 2x LG 27GL650B-F 144 Hz 1 x ASUS 24" 60 hz 3x1080p, G29 + H-Shifter, TrackIR5
TurboTrucker7

#27 Post by TurboTrucker7 » 07 Dec 2017 09:41

I think that a lot of players will be happy to see all U.S.A. completed; also Canada and Mexico will be beautiful additions to the game. But undoubtedly 10-15 years is a really huge time frame, and many things can happen in the following years, so it's difficult (at least for me) to predict what will happen, because ATS can evolve in many different ways (for example, you can get the West part of U.S.A. completed and a bit of Canada, or a development of the South portion till the East coast). I honestly prefer to reason on a timeline of 2 years and i maintain realistic expectations, so i wait and see what direction SCS dedices to follow.

So, if i undestood correctly what murdoch82 was saying in his/her previous post, is that even though we will not see all U.S.A completed or ATS won't receive a North America expansion, it would still be a good game and it would be nice to play with it. And i honestly agree with this kind of reasoning.

Surely players are happy to see new content added to ATS, but if SCS decides to develop an ATS2 or other types of games, i can certainly understand their reasons. For example, if ETS2 will not receive new updates in two years, i do not think it would be right to complain.
murdoch82

#28 Post by murdoch82 » 07 Dec 2017 10:33

[Abit offensive...]
Last edited by murdoch82 on 07 Dec 2017 16:25, edited 1 time in total.
murdoch82

#29 Post by murdoch82 » 07 Dec 2017 10:39

OT: Isuzu made a V10 diesel truck engine, with 600 hp, N/A 10 - 15 years ago, someone need to make a mod and add that to the game! xD its a 30 liter engine, and it was in a truck the size of a Volvo FM or DAF CF or Scania P series or something... xD

...my mind wanders... mmkey!?
flight50

#30 Post by flight50 » 07 Dec 2017 15:06

@murdoch82, yes I find some of your wording offensive. Your first post wasn't as bad as your post #641. USA is stupid? Really dude? I would not dare to call another country stupid. The word itself is very offensive. I don't like the Euro truck. The appearance is quite hideous to me. The same way you fell about conventional trucks is the same I fell about the Euro truck. The futuristic look just doesn't work for me. They remind be of a Transformer. I also don't like any of the Euro trailers. Would I call them stupid, no I would not. I just dislike them. You have and will never see me call anyone or any country stupid. That is quite immature imo. In our respective country, we all tend to be fond on what we see. I don't see your trucks nor trailers here, just as you don't see any of our trucks or trailers there. It's natural to dislike something you are not familiar with.

With that said, we all have our preference and we are all entitled to our opinion. However, the words in which is used can be cleaned up much better to avoid being offensive. Perhaps you should think for those 2 seconds that you say in which people don't use their heads and think about what you are saying. Put yourself in other people shoes. If you don't get offended, chances are you just don't give a crap.

Getting things wrong? I only commented on what you said.

Return to “General discussion about the game”