Alaska and Hawaii?

kansasdude

Alaska and Hawaii?

#1 Post by kansasdude » 28 Nov 2017 22:48

Since these are not connected directly to the U.S, how do you think SCS will put these states in?

Alaska would be easy as they would have to add in a stretch of road from Washington through Canada and into Alaska

but with Hawaii since there is Ocean between the U.S and Hawaii, do you think SCS would use the same transport that's in ETS2 (Ferry)?
Voltaire1971

Re: Alaska and Hawaii?

#2 Post by Voltaire1971 » 28 Nov 2017 22:50

kansasdude wrote: 28 Nov 2017 22:48Since these are not connected directly to the U.S, how do you think SCS will put these states in?
Hawaii -> not at all
Alaska -> in the distant future, if at all
gigawert

#3 Post by gigawert » 28 Nov 2017 23:07

Hawaii is not that big so it could be plausible...
flight50

#4 Post by flight50 » 29 Nov 2017 00:26

I have to agree that Hawaii won't make it. Too much trouble and not worth the effort if not connected to a main land. It works in ETS2 because they have actual ferry routes. No ferry go to Hawii. Doesn't mean SCS couldn't do it though. However, SCS did mention that they would like to do both Canada and Mexico. This was pre ATS release but the drive is there to do them. It may be 10+ years out but Alaska can come then. I definitely hope it will so we can get the Dalton. I know there is a mod for it but it is a standalone. If SCS does it, it would be nothing less than awesome. I would love to drive to Purdhoe Bay, Deadhorse, Anchorage and Fairbanks. http://jukebox.uaf.edu/haul_road/index.htm.

If SCS can get seasons worked into ATS with the current game engine or with an upgraded engine, Alaska and Canada would present some very interesting dlcs. The Ice Road will come alive in a virtual world. SCS won't be able to make it as difficult as the true Ice Road though for it may present too much of a challenge for some. Perhaps a slider for difficulty could be introduced for seasoned weather. Slippage adds a lot to realism and there will be many that will desire it.
Last edited by flight50 on 01 Dec 2017 15:48, edited 1 time in total.
mpuone

#5 Post by mpuone » 29 Nov 2017 00:48

I would definitely love to have Canada added, as I am Canadian. Which would probably bring Alaska with it.

I'm hoping the middle states can be done quicker (but still with quality), as they are less dense. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Axel Slingerland

#6 Post by Axel Slingerland » 29 Nov 2017 01:25

There is a ferry from Washington to Alaska, so they wouldn't necessarily have to do an overland route through Canada, but it would be so much better if they did. It is true that there is no ferry to Hawaii. But there are container ships, and that could be done with a little modification to the way ferries work in the game.

SCS might say nothing for years about doing something a lot of people want and then do it out of the blue. Or they may say they will do something then not do it. I have learned to not say they won't do something, because they've done things I have said they wouldn't do. It's better to say that you never know what they will do, and then enjoy the surprise when they do something you didn't think they would do...
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
CarCat

#7 Post by CarCat » 29 Nov 2017 02:10

Or, maybe using the map bases. Just like that little map thing that Dalton mod takes advantage of that says California; We could have one for Hawaii, maybe one for Alaska. For people who want to do mostly/only one or the other on a single profile.
[ external image ]

We've got a long way to go, and a short time to get there...

I live in Rhode Island and love anything related to trucks.

Specs: Ryzen 3 2200G, 1660 Super, 16GB DDR4 3200 RAM
angrybirdseller

#8 Post by angrybirdseller » 29 Nov 2017 03:42

Not just about Alaska. I like to deliver to Flin Flon some fishhouses and cabin goodies.
Frontiersman

#9 Post by Frontiersman » 29 Nov 2017 06:28

I personally would rather see all of the continental US first, then Canada and Alaska. NOT Hawaii. Unrealistic and way too small.
Tiger313

#10 Post by Tiger313 » 02 Dec 2017 12:51

SCS have said before that they were focusing on the contiguous united states, which means Alaska and Hawaii are not a priority and may not even make it into the game until the other 48 states are in.

Return to “General discussion about the game”