New Mexico

OneSloZ

New Mexico

#1 Post by OneSloZ » 07 Dec 2017 01:55

Anyone else feel like they cheeped out a little bit? I lived in Ruidoso New Mexico for 3 years, worked from ElPaso/LosCruses/Alamogordo/Artesia/Carlsbad/Roswell/Capitan/Carazozo and beyond. I am kind of upset that the summit coming out of Los Cruses to Alamogordo does not have the incline like in real life, I was figuring that with the game they would simulate all possible scenarios. Organ Pass " The Summit" has a 6% or more incline, and does not feel like it in the game. I also know when you go from Alamogordo to Artesia Kind of by the tunnel into Cloudcroft "where the apple barn is, which is a real store that is really cool and has some darn good apples lol" they have a couple Runaway truck ramps that would be cool to see/use if we needed to like in real life, along with possible using snow chains, and have snowy weather in game like the rain. I am just ranting and didn't know where to post it to see if SCS would possible see it for them to take it into consideration.

Happy Trucking!
OneSloZ
flight50

Re: New Mexico

#2 Post by flight50 » 07 Dec 2017 15:41

1 post trolling eh? So you couldn't post this in any of the other New Mexico threads?
Frontiersman

#3 Post by Frontiersman » 07 Dec 2017 16:25

OneSloZ wrote: 07 Dec 2017 01:55 I am just ranting and didn't know where to post it to see if SCS would possible see it for them to take it into consideration.

Happy Trucking!
OneSloZ
Before expecting SCS to take your rant into consideration, perhaps you should consider the limitations of detail and features due to scale. If they were working at 1:5 they might be able to add 90% of things that you mention, but no. ATS is 1:20 scale.
angrybirdseller

#4 Post by angrybirdseller » 07 Dec 2017 22:40

1:20 scale kind hard just to fit small town let alone big hill.
EricWilson2012

#5 Post by EricWilson2012 » 13 Dec 2017 20:21

OneSloZ wrote: 07 Dec 2017 01:55 Anyone else feel like they cheeped out a little bit? I lived in Ruidoso New Mexico for 3 years, worked from ElPaso/LosCruses/Alamogordo/Artesia/Carlsbad/Roswell/Capitan/Carazozo and beyond. I am kind of upset that the summit coming out of Los Cruses to Alamogordo does not have the incline like in real life, I was figuring that with the game they would simulate all possible scenarios. Organ Pass " The Summit" has a 6% or more incline, and does not feel like it in the game. I also know when you go from Alamogordo to Artesia Kind of by the tunnel into Cloudcroft "where the apple barn is, which is a real store that is really cool and has some darn good apples lol" they have a couple Runaway truck ramps that would be cool to see/use if we needed to like in real life, along with possible using snow chains, and have snowy weather in game like the rain. I am just ranting and didn't know where to post it to see if SCS would possible see it for them to take it into consideration.

Happy Trucking!
OneSloZ
I’m more disappointed at the fact that they haven’t even properly completed Highways 70 & 285, but whatever floats your boat...
Tirol

#6 Post by Tirol » 13 Dec 2017 22:30

@Global moderators: Please merge this thread with new Mexico main Thread:
viewtopic.php?f=178&t=236517
Lexx

#7 Post by Lexx » 18 Dec 2017 13:42

Speaking of disappointments, I'm disappointed there's no military base near Roswell, no crashed alien ships and no aliens at all. Come on, SCS, these are the things that made Roswell known to the whole world and you forgot to place them in NM? Shame on you.
My mods for other games
Sharkoon S25-W, AsRock B85M Pro4, Core i3-4170, Palit GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB, Corsair 32 GB DDR3 1600 MHz,
Corsair CX750, Corsair Force LE 120 GB, Western Digital 1.5 TB, Arch Linux KDE x64, Firefox x64
dkasper00

#8 Post by dkasper00 » 18 Dec 2017 23:34

I'm actually glad there isn't a military base near Roswell in game. SCS could have had a bad situation if there was.
In a world full of swift drivers, I'm an O/O.
Lexx

#9 Post by Lexx » 19 Dec 2017 00:51

Then if I find out why I can't edit the map and fix it, I'll add one.
My mods for other games
Sharkoon S25-W, AsRock B85M Pro4, Core i3-4170, Palit GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB, Corsair 32 GB DDR3 1600 MHz,
Corsair CX750, Corsair Force LE 120 GB, Western Digital 1.5 TB, Arch Linux KDE x64, Firefox x64
Hell_Raiser

#10 Post by Hell_Raiser » 19 Dec 2017 07:24

dkasperOO wrote: 18 Dec 2017 23:34 I'm actually glad there isn't a military base near Roswell in game. SCS could have had a bad situation if there was.
Not sure what you mean by bad situation, the location of bases isn't really a secret, and they already included one in game, Creech AFB if I'm not mistaken. Additionally there is no real base to depict, so I doubt the government would care at all.
Lexx wrote: 18 Dec 2017 13:42 Speaking of disappointments, I'm disappointed there's no military base near Roswell, no crashed alien ships and no aliens at all. Come on, SCS, these are the things that made Roswell known to the whole world and you forgot to place them in NM? Shame on you.
Walker AFB, the only military base that was in Roswell, was decommissioned in 1967. The airfield was then converted to the Roswell International Air Center by the city, and is open to the public. One airline operates flights to Phoenix and Dallas out of the airport, and it is also used as a boneyard for retired airliners. The New Mexico Army National Guard occupies a few buildings at the airport, however I wouldn't consider a Guard armory to be a military base. Point is, it would be unrealistic for SCS to have added a base there, since none exists IRL. As for the aliens, the "Roswell incident" was a crashed balloon that the army air corps was using to listen for soviet nuclear tests. The conspiracy theories of aliens have no real evidence, however if you chose to believe them, be my guest. Either way, there are no aliens or spacecraft there now, so no reason to add them

Return to “General discussion about the game”