Auto save

xXCARL1992Xx

Re: Auto save

#11 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 08 Dec 2017 15:06

autosave was always there they just added the notification during gameplay
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
drbky

#12 Post by drbky » 08 Dec 2017 17:40

The problem with the auto save is lag. I was wanting to know if i could modify the files to delete it or to change the amount of time between saves.
Yes i could have done better with the opening post,but im not the sharpest knife in the drawer..lol
xXCARL1992Xx

#13 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 08 Dec 2017 17:43

thats coded into the game, you cant change it

and i dont have any lag, maybe you should reduce the amount of mods and move the game and the savefiles to an SSD if you have one
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Reinhard

#14 Post by Reinhard » 08 Dec 2017 17:53

Owning a moderate system, I also receive random short lags, from time to time. Nothing severe, but noticeable. I wasn't sure if this could be caused by autosave, but always was a bit skeptical regarding such idea.

Now with the new notification, I know that my short lags have nothing to do with autosave. My saves are smooth as silk.

But I don't want to say that this can't be different on other systems. My profile, though I use mods, is clean and lean. No garages, no hired drivers. No old data from not-longer existing mods. Depending on the history of a profile the amount data to save can be much, much bigger. If this can be a problem I simply don't know.
flight50

#15 Post by flight50 » 08 Dec 2017 17:56

Correct. Since SCS added the icon, the lag I use to have when qsaving, is gone. That is the reason I like the new icon. No lag now and I know that my game is saving for sure. Previously, I had to rotate my head to watch the lag with my TrackIR. With that lag using TrackIR, that is when I knew my game was saving.

When NM dropped along with 1.29, I ran ATS without any mods until they started getting updated. Very very smooth running and no lag. Now that I reintroduced some mods, I get that same minor lag back that I had before. I run at 200% scaling with a lot of Jazzycat AI traffic along with Cip's traffic mod. I am sure these are what increase my minor lag. But these are all things that make ATS so beloved for me. The lag I do get, if very doable.
IonutL

#16 Post by IonutL » 08 Dec 2017 20:24

In ETS2 i have all DLCs, hired all drivers available, bought all garages and after the update which introduced the autosave indicator i don't have any lag anymore. Before it was up to 2 seconds on each autosave and quicksave.
Regarding ATS the lag was obviously shorter, but now is nonexistent.

Return to “General discussion about the game”