Random Events

TexasWhirlwind

Random Events

#1 Post by TexasWhirlwind » 07 Dec 2017 20:56

This is a suggestion for SCS. You need to put some flashing yellow or orange caution lights at the beginning of the random events. Like there are people working on the road at night and no caution lights to warn of their presence in the road. The truck with the flashing arrow is all there is. Drivers of AI and trucks need a little bit of warning as to where they are instead of just running upon them. Also the truck with the flashing arrow needs to be a little further away from the work sight..

Also the ai is really stupid. Look at the screenshot below. I was going alone and all of a sudden all of the AI's going in the opposite direction the AI was trying to turn in front of all the traffic in the opposite lane. It looked kinda like a blind man's fire drill. Really funny to watch. But held traffic up for a very long time. I had to save game and get out and then restart game so I could proceed on my way..

Also make the concrete barriers and guard rails a little more forgiving. If you scrap one by accident it will grab you and stop you dead in the road with a lot of damage.. The little reflector at the side of the road need to be addressed also. When you hit one of them it like hitting another truck and lot of damage..

Just some thought on some needed improvements.

Thank You
TW
8-)
-.- -.-. ..... -- ...- ...-
dkasper00

Re: Random Events

#2 Post by dkasper00 » 07 Dec 2017 22:00

I would suggest also making the AI less dumb at merging points, if you stopped like that on the highway and there's no crash or construction, you'd get run over.
In a world full of swift drivers, I'm an O/O.
Tiger313

#3 Post by Tiger313 » 07 Dec 2017 22:01

You know you're not supposed to hit 'em, right? 8-)
dkasper00

#4 Post by dkasper00 » 07 Dec 2017 22:19

When they stop literally right in front of you for no reason
and the road is clear or go and turn right into the side of your truck at the last possible second when you already got in the correct lane in advance because the road is busy. That says something about the Al's intelligence.
In a world full of swift drivers, I'm an O/O.
flight50

#5 Post by flight50 » 07 Dec 2017 22:26

I have witness the orange flashing cones outside of the truck with the arrow for construction zones. So I assume you have not encountered this but it's already in the game. The location of the truck with the arrow is okay in my opinion because SCS does give you a construction zone warning sign well ahead of time. It's like 1/4 -1/2" mile before the zone. They also provide us with a lane reduction sign midway between the warning sign and the random event itself. If one is not paying attention, it will appear that it just sneaks up on you. The AI will pile up on you just like it would in real life so I like it. I run a traffic mod, so the only problem I encounter is slowing down on things that are not construction or highway entry ramps if the AI just pulls out in front of me. You can't get warning signs for things like that. The cool thing about random events is that it makes us have to be a defensive drive now instead of 100% offensive. No more not paying attention on long road. When I play late at night and I am fighting sleep, I actually fall asleep at the wheel and if I encounter a random event, guess what, I wreck out, lol. Just like in real life.

Random events was tweaked a few days after 1.29 dropped and it's has improved a little in my opinion since day one. If I am not mistaken, they did relocate the arrowed truck a lil further back than what it originally was. Random events will never be perfect but it is definitely a feature that brings immersion to the game.

Return to “General discussion about the game”