Unrealistic Weights on loads without penality

Long Haul Gamer

Unrealistic Weights on loads without penality

#1 Post by Long Haul Gamer » 09 Dec 2017 19:26

Okay guys, this is not a gripe post, but rather a request for the developers to make a change.

In the United States of America, the maximum weight allowed on loads is 80.000 pounds.

Now, I am hauling a reefer (not that kinda reefer!) load to California. Here is the weight:

[ external image ]

Now, some states will give you some leeway on reefer loads. But, most will not. I did take this through a scale house in AZ and if that'd been in real life? I would have gotten a ticket. Now, to the developers. PLEASE, make these loads more in compliance with reality here in America! Now, what would be cool, is if you did start getting tickets and there was a option to go back to the shipper and allow them to remove freight, you know quick travel back there? In real life, I would have had to go back to the shipper, which would not be paid and gotten the load straightened out.

One of the biggest complaints among truck drivers, is that ATS is not reality; you could fix this, if you would.

Also too, the freight rates are totally out of touch with reality. In reality, the longer the miles on a load, the lower the rate per mile. This needs to be fixed, among the developers and among the makers of Coast 2 Coast, Canadream and Viva Mexico.

Just giving some feedback from someone who's actually driven a truck.

My Best,

Patrick ;) 8-) :mrgreen:
Frontiersman

Re: Unrealistic Weights on loads without penality

#2 Post by Frontiersman » 09 Dec 2017 19:46

Have you weighed that mod truck alone?
IonutL

#3 Post by IonutL » 09 Dec 2017 22:57

Long Haul Gamer wrote: 09 Dec 2017 19:26 ...
One of the biggest complaints among truck drivers, is that ATS is not reality; you could fix this, if you would.
Of course ATS is not reality, it's a game of the simulation subgenre. How far and how much can it simulate the truck driving experience is up to everyone's expectations.
Deezle

#4 Post by Deezle » 12 Dec 2017 01:58

Long Haul Gamer wrote: 09 Dec 2017 19:26 In the United States of America, the maximum weight allowed on loads is 80.000 pounds.
I'm going to assume you meant max GVW, which on your average truck is a ~50k load.

Here 105,500 is the maximum. I understand Cali is limited to 80k without a permit, but many states are not.

I find most loads in ATS are too light.

It's not SCS's fault that you appear to be using a modded truck with an enormous sleeper.
GT182

#5 Post by GT182 » 12 Dec 2017 02:33

I've brought that up before the 1.28 update and nothing was done. I don't expect they will make any changes to it.

Deezle, It's the same for the stock ATS trucks, so don't blame just the modded trucks. ;)
IonutL wrote: 09 Dec 2017 22:57
Long Haul Gamer wrote: 09 Dec 2017 19:26 ...
Of course ATS is not reality, it's a game of the simulation subgenre. How far and how much can it simulate the truck driving experience is up to everyone's expectations.
They are a very long ways from "Reality", even tho they say they want ATS to be Real, not a Hollywood type of simulation. Once they understand what "simulation" means maybe they'll make it more real. Tho ATS has the best graphics I've seen in a Trucking game. Sorry but I can't say anything about ETS2 as I don't have it and don't really want it. MY 20 years of trucking was in the US and Canada.
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
Laynlow13

#6 Post by Laynlow13 » 12 Dec 2017 19:09

Deezle wrote: 12 Dec 2017 01:58
Long Haul Gamer wrote: 09 Dec 2017 19:26 In the United States of America, the maximum weight allowed on loads is 80.000 pounds.
I'm going to assume you meant max GVW, which on your average truck is a ~50k load.

Here 105,500 is the maximum. I understand Cali is limited to 80k without a permit, but many states are not.

I find most loads in ATS are too light.

It's not SCS's fault that you appear to be using a modded truck with an enormous sleeper.
The 105,500 limit in Washington requires more than the typical 5 axle setup that you'll get in ATS. With that setup it's still the 80,000lb federal limit.
LOOKING TO BUY AN SKRS SHIFTER?
DO NOT BUY FROM CSIO TECHNOLOGIES

They'll take your payment immediately yet they show no signs of fulfilling orders,
I ordered mine May 11, 2017 and they WILL NOT communicate with me at all!
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
Deezle

#7 Post by Deezle » 13 Dec 2017 05:34

He didn't say anything about axles. He said 80,000lbs is the max GVW in the USA, I was simply telling him that's not true.
Max
SCS Software

#8 Post by Max » 13 Dec 2017 08:08

there is no simple limit, thus there are no simple rules. and every state has rules different for every combination of vehicles. and no one remembers them all correctly (including us).
should we punish players (that never saw real truck) for that? or should we limit our cargoes to 20000lb to be sure you do not cross ANY limit?
(not to mention issue of holding all this in generic data-driven format in game)

what about mods? how we recognize what modder has in? (notice that OP has modded game).

current solution is that our cargoes, truck and trailers "mostly" fit (last time i tried, heaviest combination for regular cargo was like 82000lb). if you have mod its your issue - and its ok, as lot of people use mods to cross limits especially.
but any better ideas welcomed.
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
Laynlow13

#9 Post by Laynlow13 » 13 Dec 2017 23:06

Deezle wrote: 13 Dec 2017 05:34 He didn't say anything about axles. He said 80,000lbs is the max GVW in the USA, I was simply telling him that's not true.

I added the axles comment to your post for two reasons.
One, ATS, only models the typical 5 axle/18 wheeler.(not counting doubles or the heavy haul dlc)
Two, I didn't want people reading your comment and assume 105,500 was legal with the typical 5 axle/18 wheeler.
Last edited by Laynlow13 on 14 Dec 2017 19:33, edited 1 time in total.
LOOKING TO BUY AN SKRS SHIFTER?
DO NOT BUY FROM CSIO TECHNOLOGIES

They'll take your payment immediately yet they show no signs of fulfilling orders,
I ordered mine May 11, 2017 and they WILL NOT communicate with me at all!
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
FaantBoy501

#10 Post by FaantBoy501 » 14 Dec 2017 12:45

The weights in ATS are indeed off. I got the idea to change this by creating a mod or something to atleast get within "real life" amounts. But its already proving to be a hassle to get theTare weights, (= empty trailer weights) of trailers, most manufactures don't list anything of weights. And if I find something, than it just makes no sence to me. And with all the modded trailers I have, its a crapload of work to get things right.
"The Impossible Happens immediately..... Miracles Take A While Longer."
- Unknown Wall Tile.

Return to “General discussion about the game”