Mexico

Hell_Raiser

Re: Mexico

#11 Post by Hell_Raiser » 16 Dec 2017 03:22

flight50 wrote: 15 Dec 2017 21:30 @Hell Raiser. I state exactly what I meant to say. No lost translation my friend. You are not interpreting my post correctly is the problem or you are the exception. If someone is being an ass and is known for being rude, stubborn and just not wanting to listen to others when they ask a question, people tend to remember who you are and what you posted. In turn, more people tend to not want to help that person that is known by his/her name or they remember their avatar.
flight50 wrote: 15 Dec 2017 18:20 But based on your response, it sounds like you want to continue being incorrect. This is not the right forum to be on if you are wanting help or needing questions to be answered. Not many are willing to help once they become familiar with your name and post. Just fyi.
There is no clause in the underlined sentence that would imply that this only applies to people who are rude, stubborn and not wanting to listen. I don't believe I miss-interpreted anything, that sentence just isn't very clear.

@Axel TexasWhirlwind wasn't correcting the OP's grammar, he was correcting a logical error in the post. So while his grammar was incorrect, I see nothing wrong with him making the correction. For example, if I said "I just bought a Ford Silverado 1500" and someone corrected me by saying, "Ford no make that, chevy do. Ford do F150". Even though the correction is grammatically incorrect, it still contributes to the conversation by allowing me to clarify which truck I am talking about.
flight50

#12 Post by flight50 » 16 Dec 2017 05:59

@Hell_Raiser. Say as you wish. But by me saying "Not many are willing to help once they become......would tell you what I meant. At least in my mind it did. Even if that part wasn't clear, I followed with a more elaborate comment that made my intent clearer. So your latest post justifies that you just want to argue my intent even though I followed up. But whatever dude. Interpret your way even though I followed up with a clearer explanation. Logically speaking, someone would have to have annoyed or have pissed someone off in order to get refusal of help. People on this site just won't ignore a question if they have an answer to be an ass themselves. That's what you are trying to make out my words to be. Sorry my words weren't clear enough for all to read between the lines.
Hell_Raiser

#13 Post by Hell_Raiser » 17 Dec 2017 04:02

Yeah, I guess I owe you an apology on that one, I definitely got argumentative and defensive on that. I was just defending my original statement and trying to explain how I interpreted it, in hopes to provide some constructive criticism to you. I didn't mean for it to be argumentative. That said I have to agree with you, pissing people off isn't a good way to get help if you want it.
vulchor

#14 Post by vulchor » 17 Dec 2017 04:16

This was hilarious to read. Fastest derailed thread ever. Thanks, guys, I needed a pick me up.
Hell_Raiser

#15 Post by Hell_Raiser » 17 Dec 2017 05:28

Your welcome :) Glad my skills could be put to good use lol
flight50

#16 Post by flight50 » 17 Dec 2017 08:07

@vulchor. Goes to show the importance of being correct and clear all in one post, lol. I wonder if the o.p. has been back to his own thread to see the comments? To someone outside of the US or new to this game, mixing up Mexico and New Mexico can cause a lot of confusion. The word New in front of Mexico makes a huge difference.
Lexx

#17 Post by Lexx » 26 Dec 2017 09:30

flight50 wrote: 15 Dec 2017 21:30 @Hell Raiser. I state exactly what I meant to say. No lost translation my friend. You are not interpreting my post correctly is the problem or you are the exception. If someone is being an ass and is known for being rude, stubborn and just not wanting to listen to others when they ask a question, people tend to remember who you are and what you posted. In turn, more people tend to not want to help that person that is known by his/her name or they remember their avatar. But like I stated, you may be the exception and may help either way. I won't bother to go out my way to help or explain to someone that doesn't want to listen or wants to be help. If they got it all figured out and don't want to listen, what is the point in even asking the question and wasting other people's time in the first place.
Don't forget misunderstandings can happen quite often, when the question wasn't asked in the proper way from either side - just like the case of morse and me. My point is - don't be so quick to judge before you know the whole story. ;)
My mods for other games
Sharkoon S25-W, AsRock B85M Pro4, Core i3-4170, Palit GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB, Corsair 32 GB DDR3 1600 MHz,
Corsair CX750, Corsair Force LE 120 GB, Western Digital 1.5 TB, Arch Linux KDE x64, Firefox x64
dodgerfan4eva

#18 Post by dodgerfan4eva » 26 Dec 2017 20:19

I think we scared him/her away :(
flight50

#19 Post by flight50 » 26 Dec 2017 21:44

@dodgerfan4eva. Who are you referring too? If it's me, no, to answer your question. No point of continuing to argue. If you are implying that the o.p. was scared away, perhaps they can read and no point in replying themselves.

Return to “General discussion about the game”