ATS Special Transport

natvander
SCS Software

Re: ATS Special Transport

#61 Post by natvander » 27 Sep 2018 10:14

The Volvo gets hitched to the front (or rear) when the real load is on board. This is for saving on diesel and tyres :D
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
flight50

#62 Post by flight50 » 27 Sep 2018 12:20

For ATS ST, I am so interesting in seeing what SCS has in store for us. I'd like to see what cool cargoes are available. I am hoping for at least 8-12. I'd like to see if they built a new trailer or two or did they just reuse the ATS Heavy Haul trailers. To me the landing on the trailers don't have enough long flat area but it really depend on the cargo they give us. I am expecting more wide loads than long though. It doesn't hurt to have a good balance of both either. I have to assume there is at least one new trailer and it is fine if its not a spoiler in videos, screenshots or leaks of any other kind. I'd like at least one surprise with ST. Routes I am not so concerned about because to make the game, SCS has tested it already and made adjustments where they need to be made. The last thing I'd like to see is if a 8x4 debuts. If it doesn't it doesn't but it would be the best time if any to get one. I have to convince myself not to be disappointed if a 8x4 does not come though, lol.
GT182

#63 Post by GT182 » 27 Sep 2018 15:20

Nat, I've not seen a truck model that nice and to that scale here in the USA for many many years. Very nice indeed! [ external image ]
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
bobgrey1997

#64 Post by bobgrey1997 » 27 Sep 2018 15:29

The one cargo I really want to see is trailer houses!
flight50

#65 Post by flight50 » 27 Sep 2018 16:50

You know what would be cool bobgrey, a convoy for a double wide. That or a two part delivery for a double wide. Every time I see double wides on the highway, they are always in convoy.

Not exactly mobile homes but the convoy part is cool. This video is for modular buildings.
Laynlow13

#66 Post by Laynlow13 » 27 Sep 2018 19:11

flight50 wrote: 27 Sep 2018 12:20To me the landing on the trailers don't have enough long flat area but it really depend on the cargo they give us. I am expecting more wide loads than long though.
It's not an entirely new trailer, but if you look close at the teasers of the Chinook load the trailer has an extendable deck to make room for longer cargoes. Plus there is now a 3-axle jeep. So if we don't get entirely new trailers, at least there is some new variants in the ST compared to the heavy cargo pack.
LOOKING TO BUY AN SKRS SHIFTER?
DO NOT BUY FROM CSIO TECHNOLOGIES

They'll take your payment immediately yet they show no signs of fulfilling orders,
I ordered mine May 11, 2017 and they WILL NOT communicate with me at all!
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
natvander
SCS Software

#67 Post by natvander » 27 Sep 2018 21:24

GT182 wrote: 27 Sep 2018 15:20 Nat, I've not seen a truck model that nice and to that scale here in the USA for many many years. Very nice indeed! [ external image ]
That model is VERY detailed - they even have springs under the driver/passenger seats to imitate air suspension. The trailer and dolly can both be spread to accommodate extra wide loads, ramps can be lowered, even the spare wheels can be removed. It does have a price tag to match tho...

The company that makes the models have no problems with licensing the trailers - they make the actual trailers.

Google Drake Collectibles.
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
bobgrey1997

#68 Post by bobgrey1997 » 28 Sep 2018 04:43

flight50 wrote: 27 Sep 2018 16:50 You know what would be cool bobgrey, a convoy for a double wide. That or a two part delivery for a double wide. Every time I see double wides on the highway, they are always in convoy.

Not exactly mobile homes but the convoy part is cool. This video is for modular buildings.
Yes!
Wouldn't be too hard...
They could just add one of the "pilot cars" but be an AI truck pulling the other part of tue house!
GT182

#69 Post by GT182 » 28 Sep 2018 16:20

Nat, that is a great website. Thanks! The link for their products here in the USA is good one too.

I still have 1/32 truck and trailer models from Revel and Ertel tucked away that I put together, but need repairs, and a couple that are still new in the box. Someday...... I'll get them out and start putting them together. All I need is to find a good hobby shop here for glue and paint. What I had for paint from years ago is all dried up and unusable. And that was the good expensive stuff.
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
flight50

#70 Post by flight50 » 07 Nov 2018 17:59

It's here, it's here. A few of the loads I mentioned here, are part of the pack. Even the mobile home from the wishlist I mentioned made it. It is not a long as I was hoping for but it works. I am sure someone will do a mod. Thanks SCS. The wait for a release is finally over. Now I must continue to wait until I can get home.
Last edited by flight50 on 07 Nov 2018 18:04, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General discussion about the game”