ATS Special Transport

flight50

Re: ATS Special Transport

#441 Post by flight50 » 03 Aug 2020 19:11

I have another round of goodies for Special Transport. This inspiration comes from the Colorado industry "Wind Farming". I have posted some wind farming components on page 43 already. But this particular post is about SCS providing a trailer type that can accommodate more than just a wind turbine blade or bridge support beam as shown on page 43. If SCS can create such a trailer, in can have more than one purpose for sure with simple 3d cargo models. At least I think they are simple. At least compared to farming equipment. Currently, the blades seen in the SCS blogs are fairly undersized. This is a little concerning to me as I have seen these blades hauled in person on the Interstate and they are loooooong, lol. They are awesome to see in transport though. Due to game scale, I wouldn't expect full size length though. It would be next to impossible in ATS but I would like to see at least 80% of the real life size blades. The shortest blade I have come across by Google searching is a 116' blade and the largest upwards 165'. 116' is plenty long for ATS but perhaps too long. About 100'-110' could work possibly. ATS roads are not like real life roads so careful planning will be needed but I know SCS will route these ST loads according.

Below are a few trailers that could be provided as a new type if SCS created something a more suitable trailer to haul these monster blades. We only need one of the below though. Possible cargoes: wind turbine blades, Steel I-beams, Concrete I-beams, long girders, telephone poles, long water pipes, metal electrical towers, long metal tube and what ever else SCS can throw at us. I really like the articulated style. That could suite ATS the best considering we currently have that in the game and we know we can take corners with it. Extend flatbeds would be cool but they are limited in length. The pole type is the simplest perhaps but rounding corners can prove more difficult. Note on pic 5 though, that there is a pivot mount on the pole trailer once the load is strapped down. That can help the load twist properly. Here we go:

Articulated trailer 01
[ external image ]

Extended flatbed trailer 01
[ external image ]

Extended flatbed trailer 02
[ external image ]

Pole 01
[ external image ]

Pole 02
[ external image ]

Pole 03
[ external image ]

Pole 04
[ external image ]

Pole 05
[ external image ]

Pole 06
[ external image ]

Tube trailer 01
[ external image ]

Tube trailer 02
[ external image ]

Tube trailer 03
[ external image ]

Tube trailer 04 - XL Brand trailer. See video of trailer here. The truck in video is a dedicated truck for this trailer but SCS could use the idea for extended flatbeds.
[ external image ]

Last edited by flight50 on 17 Jun 2023 23:46, edited 1 time in total.
ASDF

#442 Post by ASDF » 03 Mar 2022 03:53

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Not sure if Volvo CE will update these models for special transport in the future
Hopefully in the future America Truck Simulator will add these trucks: Freightliner 122SD/Century/Columbia/FLD/Cascadia/Coronado, Kenworth T800/T880/W990,Volvo VNX740, International HX520/ ProStar, and MACK Pinnacle, MACK Titan.
ASDF

#443 Post by ASDF » 03 Mar 2022 05:05

Liebherr, John Deere, Case, New Holland, Caterpillar, Link Belt, Hyundai, Doosan, Hitachi, Kobelco, Sunnybergen These are the ones I currently know that produce excavators, wheel loaders factory. Where John Deere and New Holland have combine harvesters, tractors
Hopefully in the future America Truck Simulator will add these trucks: Freightliner 122SD/Century/Columbia/FLD/Cascadia/Coronado, Kenworth T800/T880/W990,Volvo VNX740, International HX520/ ProStar, and MACK Pinnacle, MACK Titan.
trdplays

#444 Post by trdplays » 18 May 2022 21:14

I don't know if this is the right sub or not but I had a question, how do trailers like the one in the pic turn when exiting Freeways and stuff? Is there enough area for them to turn? Do the truckers plan the route beforehand to make sure there is enough space etc ?
Attachments
US-87 - Google Maps.jpg
Digital X

#445 Post by Digital X » 18 May 2022 21:16

Not USA, but Scotland. I believe it's a very similar trailer.
flight50

#446 Post by flight50 » 19 May 2022 00:48

Yes they scope out routes beforehand. The trailer itself more than likely will always have steerable rears. Youtube a video of windmill blade Transport.
trdplays

#447 Post by trdplays » 19 May 2022 06:16

Makes sense. Thanks for the replies. The videos show them turning perfectly. Hope we see something like this in-game someday.
Bandit & The Snowman

#448 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 19 May 2022 06:37

Some of the videos suggested by YT as related convey that there are trailers that follow exactly the trajectory that the truck has used, automatically. In the above video it doesn’t look like the helper behind the trailer has a remote control for steering it either. The driver can’t see what’s going on either, so either s/he controls the trailer from the cabin according to the helper’s input or the trailer’s steering is indeed automatic.
The heavy haul (not special transport) trailers we have in ETS2 have a similar feature, but they take a slightly tighter radius than the truck. And not electronically steered but in relation to the angle between truck and trailer.
flight50

#449 Post by flight50 » 28 Jul 2022 18:41

I just wanted to share a video I just found in thinking about Special Transport. The video is of precast bridge supports only. Yesterdays blog for Montana indicated new routes for Special Transport but we still haven't received any new loads. Whether new loads for the existing dlc or Special Transport 2 it doesn't matter. But below is a video with several trailer types transporting precast beams. ETS2 has steerable axles so it can work with boosters in ATS. There's a several cargoes that we could haul that's pretty lengthy. Whatever the max length ATS can handle, this is what the longest cargo can be held to. Post 441 I made above back in August 2020 is one of the post that shows some options.

ATS hopefully gets a precast depot one day. There's a ton of cargo that are made from precast. From bridge supports, to drainage tubes, to Structural slabs, ATS could easily have a least a dozen concrete cargoes. But we need a depot that makes them. We have concrete as cargo. This would be part of that chain. Limestone...I can't remember if we have that as cargo but we need limestone quarries to fill that hole in the chain to take to cement plants. So bulk cement and bagged cement is what we can have. If we can deliver bridge supports and other concrete cargo to road works and construction sites, that would be worth a Special Transport 2.
Optional Features

#450 Post by Optional Features » 28 Jul 2022 19:32

That would be awesome! Even better if they had the little steer car (with MP driveability for a second player).

[ external image ]

Return to “General discussion about the game”