Next ATS truck speculation

xXCARL1992Xx

Re: Next ATS truck speculation

#2541 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 05 May 2021 16:45

it is already pretty much known wich truck ETS2 will get, same for ATS, so none of the games got any new truck in 2021 yet
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
flight50

#2542 Post by flight50 » 05 May 2021 17:37

@NoDe31 No one is arguing with you dude. I'm doing the same as you..giving my opinion. If you can't take the feedback, don't provide it. Your comment is one way, mine is another. Doesn't make either of us right or wrong at this point......its opinions dude. I put a number on what we could get, you comment and said it won't happen and you expect me to not elaborate.......come on man. I'm providing reasons why its possible. You have no valid reason to say why its not possible when they pulled it off last year. Are you aware of how many people are on the vehicle team? I was personally told this number at GATS. ETS2 can always be in the equation as the team works both games so its always a factor. Its a matter of whatever trigger SCS pulls. All I said was be open minded and that's arguing?
Last edited by flight50 on 05 May 2021 21:07, edited 1 time in total.
Trucker_Tommy

#2543 Post by Trucker_Tommy » 05 May 2021 18:53

@flight50 i have to say that I personally wouldn’t call the new Renault T a new truck but an updated 2021 version. I like the range T and it’s my truck of choice in ETS. I would however expect the new Iveco S-way as well as updated version of the MAN, DAF and Volvo. Not sure if DAF or Volvo have yet released there newer versions IRL.

ATS I’m in the Freightliner however I’m more than happy to give the new VNL a bash. Hopefully it’s out this year. Volvo along with Paccar have been very quiet since their first releases into ATS.
flight50

#2544 Post by flight50 » 05 May 2021 19:02

Apologies for improperly calling it a new truck. I don't use ETS2 trucks. I was under the impression it was new based on how it was presented. My fault. That explains why Carl did say that no game received a new truck. But what we do know is that SCS stated they are working new trucks for both games based on the 2020 xmas stream. How many trucks that is, we have no clue. Its still kind of early as SCS more than likely doesn't even know that answer. But if they can do what they did for the 49x is 5-6 months, I'd imagine the Pinnacle and the LT are quick trucks to implement.

I agree on Paccar and Volvo. But is that them....or is that SCS. There is only so many hands SCS has to do trucks. In 2018 on the June 27th stream, Pavel did say that they will put as many people working in parallel on trucks that they can. He also mention that he hoped to have all 7 brands in ATS in 18-24 months (at that time). It took a little longer than 24 months but that's old news now. We have all 7. Since we don't know how many total people Pavel dedicated to trucks, not knowing how many licenses they, all of the above is unknown. SCS seems like their attention was getting all 7 brands in ATS. They pulled that off so doubling back now will happen and no telling what we can get. If they go to 1 ATS truck and 1 ETS2 trucks, cool. But ETS2 will still run out much faster if they are already at 90%. What will people complain about then? SCS is not going to remodel anything. Heck I wouldn't. That stuff is free. I'd entertain the classic truck dlc's at that point. Even there, ATS would have a ton to implement. So there is no winning with ATS trucks vs ETS2. North America is very very dependent on trucks as its the backbone of the continent. So there are tons of trucks options in NA and people will get mad no matter what.
55sixxx

#2545 Post by 55sixxx » 05 May 2021 19:12

I really wanna see the new VNL this year on ATS... For me that truck is among the best in NA truck market if not the best. The LT is also a major piece that's still missing but i don't care much about it and given how badly Volvo's are represented in-game, the VNL would be the smart choice (Since it also was the first Non-Paccar truck to release in ATS), keeping the same order would be nice. (Ex: New VNL first, then LT, Pinnacle, 5700XE and some other Freightliner).
flight50

#2546 Post by flight50 » 05 May 2021 19:23

The VNL is a very strong candidate as well as another WS. The 5700 is favored but either works. The game doesn't have much for classic. The 4900 adds to that long pedigree of classics. One thing I'll hate to see is another truck join the International 9900i and go out of production. That is why I'd be okay waiting for the new 579 or the new T680. To me, they are perfect for fast track. Just do the top end model sleeper and finish it later. I also understand what the new 579 could mean for Texas. But if SCS can't get it, nothing we or they can do. SCS never shares what trucks they go until tis about to release. So its definitely a waiting game on trucks for both games.
Trucker_Tommy

#2547 Post by Trucker_Tommy » 05 May 2021 20:32

Is the international you mention @flight50 still common on US roads? If so why not bring it in. Same argument though as getting the 2016 Cascadia.
flight50

#2548 Post by flight50 » 05 May 2021 20:45

The LT? Ohhhh yeah its very common alright. The LT and the new VNL are the last two most common US trucks not in the game. There are several 4900 and 5700 that are out there as well and I am sure at least one will come soon. But the Western Star's and Mack's have a lower selling % compared to Freightliner, Volvo, Peterbilt, Kenworth and Internationals.

I honestly don't see how the Lonestar came before the LT. I think it will come sooner or later though. In regards to the 2016 Cascadia, now that its out of production, that was probably a call from the manufacturer. SCS tried to get that version in the game since it debuted in 2016. Its the only model from the License Blog to not make the game. The Lonestar we have now isn't drastically different than the 2016 version but its a lot more similar than the old vs new Cascadia. The nose of the Cascadia is totally remade compared to the 2016 and the 2018-2019 Lonestar.
NoDe31

#2549 Post by NoDe31 » 05 May 2021 21:25

flight50 wrote: 05 May 2021 17:37 @NoDe31 No one is arguing with you dude. I'm doing the same as you..giving my opinion. If you can't take the feedback, don't provide it. Your comment is one way, mine is another. Doesn't make either of us right or wrong at this point......its opinions dude. I put a number on what we could get, you comment and said it won't happen and you expect me to not elaborate.......come on man. I'm providing reasons why its possible. You have no valid reason to say why its not possible when they pulled it off last year. Are you aware of how many people are on the vehicle team? I was personally told this number at GATS. ETS2 can always be in the equation as the team works both games so its always a factor. Its a matter of whatever trigger SCS pulls. All I said was be open minded and that's arguing?
First I would politely ask you to stop pronouncing me as a "dude" and edit that out from your post, you dont know my gender so stop assuming... Second, where did I wrote its impossible? I really would like to see that... I did wrote it wont happen , but not that its impossible (read with understanding), or even that Im right, its just my "hunch", dont take it too personal... My reasons are simple, we are already in May and still dont have single truck this year, it probably wont come out before Wyoming, so aprox Jun to August and chances of them releasing two more trucks in 6 to 4 months period are small, at best (again, my hunch) is 2 trucks with one tuning pack... Second reason is only one map DLC this year (I have my doubts we will see Texas this year), and as trucks are not directly monetized, its possible they wont be so fast to push so many trucks this year... Again, its just my (hunch), dont take it personal... Its has nothing with negativity (i dont have feelings for games), its just my opinion, but then again, time will tell. Peace!
flight50

#2550 Post by flight50 » 05 May 2021 22:26

Agreed. Opinion are opinions. You have yours, I have mine. You telling me to don't take it personal when you should listen to your own advise. Your right though. I don't know your gender, apologies. But when this person called you man, it was okay? Did you bother to correct that person?
Last edited by flight50 on 05 May 2021 22:43, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General discussion about the game”