Next ATS truck speculation

Freeze338

Re: Next ATS truck speculation

#2931 Post by Freeze338 » 23 Jun 2021 15:01

flight50 wrote: 20 Jun 2021 19:20
I tend to agree with the list and the statement that the vehicle team just isn't large enough to keep pace right now. There are like 4 fairly recent new gen model that came to NA in the W990, T680, 579 and the HX. Only way I see SCS keeping pace is fast tracking trucks just like the 49x. But many people hated that. Either get something or nothing. We can't get our cake and eat it too. Sorry, it just isn't feasible right now and SCS is proven that the vehicle bandwidth too a hit. Instead of the 49x method, do the top of the line sleeper first and finish the rest later. This can go for the new T680, new 579, 4900, 5700, W990 and yes, the 122SD. I'd do that for the next 2-3 years for trucks that have to be done from scratch. The LT, HX and Pinnacle don't need that. They can be done much sooner because they share common components.

I'd love to see manufacturers allow older models granted SCS added their current models/flagships. Can't complain with more truck options but getting there is an issue with the current bandwidth. Although SCS did speed up the time it takes to get a truck, its still not fast enough. It just takes time. No fighting that. Do it right or have bugs. North American trucks just take a lot more work than Euro trucks. More body to model, all noses are different. The new DAF took 5 months (excluding testing) to do for ETS2 according to the DAF stream. All ATS trucks will take much longer unless they are fast tracked. SCS already went from 2 man years to 1 man year. Maybe take that 1 man year to 6-8 months by fast tracking. Its just a thought, so no need get upset about a thought. I don't expect everyone to be hooray about it but like I said, either you get it now and polished later just like the 49x. Or you miss out altogether because there is no guarantee that we will even get models that are out of production. Many people thought to complete the 49x would take 1-2 years for what ever reason. It took from Sept (the time it released) to 1.40 so the wait seriously wasn't long at all.

If SCS worked 2-3 ATS trucks at once (Anthem, 49x and Cascadia), they could work another 3-4 fast tracked. So in 2 years, that could be 6-8 trucks and that would knock out the entire list above. Add 1 more year for fluff and we still looking pretty. So 6-8 trucks in 3 years, keeps pace with most all models. Only the T880, VNX and HX would be missing. I wouldn't be surprised if someone came forward like the 49x did in the next 3 years but SCS should cross that bridge once they get there.
They could do that but then the half finished truck number will increase in time. As soon as they add biggest sleeper except the daycab like 49X I'm OK with it. Then they could even sell the rest of the stock custom parts with money. I don't mind since I only buy tunning packs for stock parts in ETS2. But as I've said it'll create another problem in the future if SCS won't increase their vehicle team capacity to minimum 4 trucks for 2 games. In ETS2 there isn't any problem happens since most of the trucks in the game and SCS adds minimum 1 truck per year unless ETS2 fans decide to want vocationals instead of unnecessary busses. And ATS will have 2-3 trucks depending on ETS2 side. If we have 3 per year we'll close the gap, ETS2 close the gap and we might think on classic truck DLC for both games which brings a lot of money I'm sure. Even maybe more than map DLC's.
ASDF

#2932 Post by ASDF » 23 Jun 2021 16:56

I agree with you. If scs software has produced classic truck DLC in both Euro Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator, there will be many people willing to pay for their favorite classic truck DLC.
Hopefully in the future America Truck Simulator will add these trucks: Freightliner 122SD/Century/Columbia/FLD/Cascadia/Coronado, Kenworth T800/T880/W990,Volvo VNX740, International HX520/ ProStar, and MACK Pinnacle, MACK Titan.
GinXeng

#2933 Post by GinXeng » 24 Jun 2021 01:26

Texshi wrote: 22 Jun 2021 08:52 Speaking of Mudrunner, I want to know why Snowrunner can allow lots of licensed trucks AND have damage models while ATS can't.. I mean it's not much an issue apparently to some companies about damaged stuff Just seems Paccar is the one with that issue? No clue.. just minor details i suppose
Its easier to say licensing is limiting having damage than doing it, lots of game companies use car licensing and still do damage, even going as far back as Hard Truck 2 and King Of the Road. SCS is a very small developing team and I doubt they have the resources to go back and start adding damage now, if they would have added damage in the early development, we probably wouldn't be as far in into the game as we are now. No way I see them going back and doing something like this as they have many projects already in the process that is taking enough of their time.
flight50

#2934 Post by flight50 » 24 Jun 2021 03:52

Car games are a totally different breed. Trucks on the other hand is a commercial tool and must be treated that way. Truck manufacturers for OTR use want their trucks in tip top shape. Hard Truck were not licensed trucks either so they could do whatever they wanted. Licensed and purpose of game has a factor.
GinXeng

#2935 Post by GinXeng » 24 Jun 2021 04:47

Hard Truck 2 and King of the Road were so licensed as well as other games that like Snow runner so that's not the reason why they don't allow damage and stuff. https://www.moddb.com/games/hard-truck- ... formation2
TruckerKid

#2936 Post by TruckerKid » 24 Jun 2021 05:49

Not to be confused with SCS's Hard Truck: 18WoS which didn't have licensed trucks, the ones developed by Softlab-NSK (Hard Truck: Road to Victory, Hard Truck 2: King of the Road, as well as Rig 'n' Roll) did have licensed trucks.
GinXeng

#2937 Post by GinXeng » 24 Jun 2021 06:57

RignRoll didn't, it was supposed on release they removed it last second because they had already spent a lot of time and money into the game and they were going bankrupt as development took longer than expected and the game still ended up being a flop.
Vinnie Terranova

#2938 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 24 Jun 2021 07:11

@GinXeng On the Steam page of Rig 'n' Roll I read that this game has "Authentic models of famous trucks — Freightliner, Peterbilt, Kenworth, Sterling and Western Star"
GinXeng

#2939 Post by GinXeng » 24 Jun 2021 07:44

Yes you are 50 perfect correct, I forgot that they only got a few licenses but not for all, No kenworth (Called Titan in game) [ external image ]
no Peterbilt (Called Hercules in game) [ external image ]

I own a copy directly from Softlab-NSK and the steam version, Steam needs to make a correction on that. The steam page is using Alpha pictures from 2003 when the models still had real names before the change.
JSWarrell

#2940 Post by JSWarrell » 24 Jun 2021 08:11

Man I still remember when they were planning on putting Mack, International and Volvo into the game and ended up backing out on that before release. For the trucks that did make it in, I'm guessing Paccar said no and Daimler said yes. In retrospect, it's astonishing that they managed to get licensing for Sterling despite the brand going belly up by the end of that same year the game was released.

Return to “General discussion about the game”