Next ATS truck speculation

Bedavd

Re: Next ATS truck speculation

#3221 Post by Bedavd » 28 Jul 2021 04:48

^in Latin it means “He flies” according to the very reputable Google Translate.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
jeff_peters

#3222 Post by jeff_peters » 28 Jul 2021 04:55

@rbsanford Nah - it doesn't make too much sense - the "shout" meaning is quite specific - only applies to shouting (talking loudly) because of the distance (or, possibly danger) and not, for example, talking loudly because of being angry. I know it sounds like I am making even better argument for horns but trust me, that word has no association with horns.

As for Latin - I apologize, I saw someone translating the Czech word and I thought this was a continuation of that.

EDIT: Ha! I was right, somebody did say it meant "it flies" in Czech.
Rabbit

#3223 Post by Rabbit » 28 Jul 2021 05:00

What about "Volat" being short for Volatile, as in tankers?
[ external image ]
PBG-Logistics IS NOW HIRING.........APPLY NOW AT https://discord.gg/KWawhTg597
Tienah_san

#3224 Post by Tienah_san » 28 Jul 2021 07:43

"It flies" in latin and Volvo means "I roll" in latin too uh ? 8-)
Graf_Boinenn

#3225 Post by Graf_Boinenn » 28 Jul 2021 15:50

Well, I remember in the release of the WS49X -or Christmas streaming. can't remember- that Pavel mentioned that they were working on a WS model and then, Western Star contacted them to work on the 49X to do the launch together. It was those opportunities that you take because it only happens once in a lifetime.

I clearly remember this because it was mentioned in a way that it seemed they were working on another WS model and they had to put it aside to deliver the 49X on time.

We will see what future brings. But, ATS has several candaites to make it into the game.
Bedavd

#3226 Post by Bedavd » 28 Jul 2021 17:11

And I'm sure all those candidates (LT, New-VNL, Western Star, Next-Gen Pete and Kenny) are all in some stage of production right now as things move back and forth between SCS modeling and company approval and research and testing etc etc. It's been a year and a half since we got the Lonestar, I'd imagine SCS went to International pretty soon after that released to get talks started on the LT. And the same for each other brand after their latest truck was added to the game.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
Graf_Boinenn

#3227 Post by Graf_Boinenn » 28 Jul 2021 18:35

Also, don't forget we had... 3 truck launches, in both games,with a specific and tight due date. Now that there is no heavy launches in the horizon for the heavy industry, I think the vehicules department will resume the work they have been doing and the talk with the brands.There is no need to hurry.
flight50

#3228 Post by flight50 » 28 Jul 2021 18:40

I doubt they went back for anyone immediately. I honestly think they already had an agenda with everyone that started in 2018. Its just that SCS can only deliver one at a time. I wouldn't be surprised if there are 2-3 signed licenses or agreement to sign at once. Can they go back, sure. But I find it hard to go to the table and only ask for just one truck at a time when some manufacturers have several ATS worth trucks.

As far as WS....Pavel never said they were working on a WS directly to my knowledge. What he said was that every brand was accounted for. And that there were w.i.p. models. We the fans said SCS is working a WS due to process of elimination. At that point every brand that was left was Daimler trucks.
harishw8r

#3229 Post by harishw8r » 28 Jul 2021 18:50

Even without that, we know a WS is in the works. That along with the Simulasyonturk stream should position it somewhere in the near future timeline:)
Wolfi
Beta tester

#3230 Post by Wolfi » 28 Jul 2021 19:11

The keyword is "should", but remember that we're still dealing with SCS, so everything is possible. (Unless something is impossible)
The smallest details always make the biggest difference.

Return to “General discussion about the game”