Next ATS truck speculation

Freeze338

Re: Next ATS truck speculation

#3231 Post by Freeze338 » 28 Jul 2021 19:58

Yeah. After they've failed to bring old Cascadia(most common) and bring 49X(most rare) everything is possible. They could surprise us both good and bad way.
flight50

#3232 Post by flight50 » 28 Jul 2021 20:58

Lol. Yeah I don't think we'll ever get over that old Cascadia. It too isn't impossible but its definitely pushed to the back of the bus.
F4R35

#3233 Post by F4R35 » 30 Jul 2021 21:39

I just watched FS2022 trailer! They are bringing the Mack Superliner! Another confirmation for the people who keep saying companies only wants their latest models in a game!
"Expectations are the thief of Joy"
xXCARL1992Xx

#3234 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 30 Jul 2021 21:43

you are aware FS is made by Giants, and behind Giants (that is already pretty wealthy with FS every year) sits Focus Home Interactive ?

if you throw enough money and have good lawyers no wonder they can get everything
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
flight50

#3235 Post by flight50 » 31 Jul 2021 00:07

Money always talks. But like I said before..........SCS has some play into this. I don't put it all on the manufactures. SCS will go after what they want in their game. Its not 100% about what manufacturers want SCS to show. If or when they do take control, that is when you get things like the 49x when WS reached out. A manufacturer can say yes or no just like SCS can say yes or no. Its always a matter of price. Until SCS is bold enough to speak on LB (never going to happen now without Carthoo), then every possible speculation on the table on why something did or did not happen is possible in my book.

Not once has SCS ever said they can't get this or that truck. Not once have they said old trucks are impossible to obtain permission. Its a matter of what SCS wants...will SCS pay for it if approved. We'll never know the story behind the old Cascadia. Still remains to be the only truck from the 2016 license blog to not get in a SCS game. Why...and I'll say it again....I bet SCS was on the verge of getting it until all the backlash of the old VNL screwed it over. Why would SCS release the old Cascadia when so many negative complaints came for the old VNL. People wanted new CAD referenced models for the old Cascadia just because the Lonestar and the new Cascadia was under those conditions. That royally screwed everyone that was okay with the old Cascadia as it should have been the last non CAD referenced model truck in the game. It was very worthy just like the old VNL. That truck should have been in traffic at the least. Would be nice if SCS at least did that. At least we'd have it but still people would complain that they can't drive it so SCS just went silent on it and didn't provide it. The old Cascadia would have never been built from scratch. Either we take it as it was with the old technology of modeling trucks or nothing. SCS chose nothing due to the negatives so can you blame them for not releasing it? I mark the old Cascadia not coming because of this community, not SCS.
Tristman

#3236 Post by Tristman » 31 Jul 2021 01:16

It could be as you say, or it was a simple business decision by SCS to skip the old Cascadia, because they knew the new one was coming anyway down the pipeline. Maybe they wanted to move to CAD referenced models entirely, and didn’t think it would be interesting to release the Cascadia as it was or do it over.
Maybe SCS didn’t want to release 2 OTRs for one brand, and it didn’t fit in their planning.

Also, if the reason is as you say, there is no possible way that the community could have known that being unsatisfied with the Volvo would result in the Cascadia being cut. So I think it’s a bit unreasonable to pick one possible cause and blame the community for it.
flight50

#3237 Post by flight50 » 31 Jul 2021 02:45

Sure its possible to know the Cascadia got cut because of the VNL. If people sit back and realize how much crap they gave SCS for the quality. Its not hard to figure out why SCS wouldn't want to bother. That is a 50% possibility. The other 50% is Daimler said no. Between the two...one of them is right though. Open your mouth and complain and the person on the other side will think harder about what it is they are producing. If I had hundreds complaining about something I did, I'd keep it to myself and not share it. If people want it, make them find another way of obtaining it, or make them go without. Now I am sure that if SCS said something like "Hey, if you want the old Cascadia either we fix it up like the old VNL or we give you nothing at all". Then less people would complain but you'd still have some people pissed, so why give them anything. You can't always win for losing though. In the end, the losers are those that did not complain.
Freeze338

#3238 Post by Freeze338 » 31 Jul 2021 03:53

I'm really thankfull to have old VNL and I don't understand the people who hates it. If you hate it, don't drive it and shut up. That's simple. It'll be a great edition for the A.I. traffic even if you don't drive. Personally I drive VNL more than Lonestar and new Cascadia. It's not like I hate those trucks but I like driving Volvo more than those two. I'm seeing those especially in ETS2 community. Whenever a truck comes in the game ( unless it's Scania ) people are always complaining and asking their favourite truck. Putting puking emoji and never touch that thing. On that occasion SCS shouldn't release new trucks for ETS2.

In communities most of the people prefer to drive 389 and W900. As the quality they are bad as well. That's why so many people asked SCS to remake 389. So I don't get the fuss about VNL. If it exist, it's a plus one.

Even if one player drives old Cascadia it's good for SCS. And I can guarantee I'll drive it way more than new Cascadia.
Wolfi
Beta tester

#3239 Post by Wolfi » 31 Jul 2021 06:20

You guys are true masters of beating a dead horse... :roll:
At this point it's more than safe to assume old Cascadia is dead and it won't ever make it into the game.
As to why it's not coming? Well, keep guessing, no one gave the right answer yet :P
The smallest details always make the biggest difference.
Bedavd

#3240 Post by Bedavd » 31 Jul 2021 06:45

A secret society with a deep hatred for truck drivers infiltrated the SCS office in the dead of night to delete all the files related to upcoming Trucks and DLCs. Pavel happened to be working late that night and was able to fight them off with his bare hands, saving most of the data, but sadly not in time to save the old Cascadia work and it was lost to the fiends forever… 😢
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.

Return to “General discussion about the game”