Next ATS truck speculation

harishw8r

Re: Next ATS truck speculation

#2891 Post by harishw8r » 20 Jun 2021 15:48

I would have a tough time adjusting the steering wheel position with the 5700XE, such that all gauges are visible in the steering wheel gap. Guess I have to sacrifice everything except the black rectangle in the middle that houses the speedometer and tachometer.

Speaking of beauty, the LT is also a cute truck. The International dashboard is one of the best in the segment.
Wolfi
Beta tester

#2892 Post by Wolfi » 20 Jun 2021 16:03

I mean. I'll gladly take even the current gen of 5700XE. I can always dump the crappy cab with terrible dash and replace it with proper Cascadia one on my own xD
But even the current gen has a certain charm to it. That said I'm more and more pulled towards Internationals. Them dashboards are amazing. I also find it funny how my view on their cab shape changed. I remember when I first saw the Prostar, I was like "ugh, what the hell is that belly flop on the roof?" Now I actually kinda like it, it's uniquely shaped among all the other effective space, square trucks. I guess one might say I grew a small crush on International trucks. I'm usually not a fan of flat nosed ones, yet the HX really appeals to me. It's like a perfect combo of style and badass attitude.
The smallest details always make the biggest difference.
Jatruck

#2893 Post by Jatruck » 20 Jun 2021 18:19

Then hopefully we'll have the 2x1 promotion: :D ;)

[ external image ] [ external image ]

[ external image ]
pigbrother

#2894 Post by pigbrother » 20 Jun 2021 18:23

So, are we starting a fanclub or what?
I have approximate knowledge of many things
tigolebitties

#2895 Post by tigolebitties » 20 Jun 2021 18:26

I think we're all just stir crazy
flight50

#2896 Post by flight50 » 20 Jun 2021 19:20

Freeze338 wrote: 20 Jun 2021 15:37 The problem is, SCS isn't fast enough to add the trucks in the game. There aren't any rule exist that SCS cannot add the trucks which is not on the production line. But since the trucks which is on the production line has the priority, SCS never gonna add the older trucks because they cannot even add the trucks which has priority. Freightliner old Cascadia was on the production line but SCS couldn't add so when the new Cascadia came, old one doesn't have priority after that. Currently
Kenworth W990
Kenworth T680 Next Gen
Peterbilt new 579
Volvo VNL
International LT
Western Star 5700
Freightliner 122SD
Mack Pinnacle

Has the priority for sure. And even in this list, some of them will lose their priority before SCS add. So they need to increase the pace of adding trucks. Currently the vehicle team is not enough to do that and if the size of the team will stay like that, we'll never gonna have classic trucks. Not only that, we also will lose opportunity to have the trucks like old Cascadia, Peterbilt 587, Kenworth T660, International 9900I etc. Not only that, also we'll lose Prostar, 4900, 5700 and many of them.
I tend to agree with the list and the statement that the vehicle team just isn't large enough to keep pace right now. There are like 4 fairly recent new gen model that came to NA in the W990, T680, 579 and the HX. Only way I see SCS keeping pace is fast tracking trucks just like the 49x. But many people hated that. Either get something or nothing. We can't get our cake and eat it too. Sorry, it just isn't feasible right now and SCS is proven that the vehicle bandwidth too a hit. Instead of the 49x method, do the top of the line sleeper first and finish the rest later. This can go for the new T680, new 579, 4900, 5700, W990 and yes, the 122SD. I'd do that for the next 2-3 years for trucks that have to be done from scratch. The LT, HX and Pinnacle don't need that. They can be done much sooner because they share common components.

I'd love to see manufacturers allow older models granted SCS added their current models/flagships. Can't complain with more truck options but getting there is an issue with the current bandwidth. Although SCS did speed up the time it takes to get a truck, its still not fast enough. It just takes time. No fighting that. Do it right or have bugs. North American trucks just take a lot more work than Euro trucks. More body to model, all noses are different. The new DAF took 5 months (excluding testing) to do for ETS2 according to the DAF stream. All ATS trucks will take much longer unless they are fast tracked. SCS already went from 2 man years to 1 man year. Maybe take that 1 man year to 6-8 months by fast tracking. Its just a thought, so no need get upset about a thought. I don't expect everyone to be hooray about it but like I said, either you get it now and polished later just like the 49x. Or you miss out altogether because there is no guarantee that we will even get models that are out of production. Many people thought to complete the 49x would take 1-2 years for what ever reason. It took from Sept (the time it released) to 1.40 so the wait seriously wasn't long at all.

If SCS worked 2-3 ATS trucks at once (Anthem, 49x and Cascadia), they could work another 3-4 fast tracked. So in 2 years, that could be 6-8 trucks and that would knock out the entire list above. Add 1 more year for fluff and we still looking pretty. So 6-8 trucks in 3 years, keeps pace with most all models. Only the T880, VNX and HX would be missing. I wouldn't be surprised if someone came forward like the 49x did in the next 3 years but SCS should cross that bridge once they get there.
saur44l

#2897 Post by saur44l » 20 Jun 2021 19:27

One of the reasons why I would like to see trucks like 122SD :mrgreen: ,T800,5700,9900i,old Cascadia and etc is cause they all have unique dashboards and more variety is always godd for any game.Oh and BTW,judging by the shape of that LT cabin I am willing to bet that SCS are gonna find themselves in the same position as with Anthem,the position of the mirrors I mean.
pigbrother

#2898 Post by pigbrother » 20 Jun 2021 19:44

The LT and HX cabins and mirrors are identical to the ones you already know from Lonestar. So, kinda far, but not as annoying as the ones from Anthem. Only the hood mirrors are different, for the better I hope, ‘cause I have zero problems with Anthem but I kinda hate the small hood mirrors on Lonestar.
I have approximate knowledge of many things
saur44l

#2899 Post by saur44l » 20 Jun 2021 19:50

Truth to be told I also have no issues with the position of Anthem mirrors and on top of that,somehow that truck ended up to be my favorite in ATS.
supersobes
Global moderator

#2900 Post by supersobes » 20 Jun 2021 22:36

I don't think you'll be disappointed with the hood mirrors on the International LT. In my opinion, that truck has some of the best hood mirrors in the industry.

Return to “General discussion about the game”