Next ATS truck speculation

Jatruck

Re: Next ATS truck speculation

#2831 Post by Jatruck » 17 Jun 2021 16:35

Maybe if International makes a 2x1 promotion we'll have LT+HX :D

As LoneStar has my favorite dashboard, having 3 trucks with it would be .... Huge :D ;)
harishw8r

#2832 Post by harishw8r » 17 Jun 2021 17:16

As long as we get the LT, I’m fine with it :D
lamar326g

#2833 Post by lamar326g » 17 Jun 2021 19:13

@Jatruck I can totally get behind a 2 for 1 promotion on the LT & HX. Sounds like a GREAT idea :-)
Freeze338

#2834 Post by Freeze338 » 17 Jun 2021 20:06

harishw8r wrote: 17 Jun 2021 13:13 I still wonder why SCS always tries to add trucks one by one. LT and HX share a lot of similarities with the Lonestar, why can’t they add them both at the same time, maybe by taking some extra time? I don’t think licensing talks would be a major issue, given one of their trucks is already in the game.
Even if it takes more time to release all of them in same time, that doesn't change the fact that if they released one by one, those trucks will released in short time of period instead of long time.

So I always want to see a route like this. What is the next truck? For example 5700XE. completely new interior, new cab new of everything so it requires time. Release that one, then release something similar in game. Such as Pinnacle since it shares same interior and cab with Anthem. Then release completely new truck, VNL, then release HX or LT. Then release VNR or VNX since it's similar to VNL. With that, they could release more trucks in less effort. But somehow I have feeling that they'll do trucks from 0 even if they share same content.
flight50

#2835 Post by flight50 » 17 Jun 2021 21:50

Nah. I don't think will redo similar trucks from scratch. That would be wasted effort. With CAD referenced models, take the short cut. The first 5 trucks......yes, redo them. They are not useable for anything. But the Lonestar, Anthem and Cascadia, if they don't reuse what they have considering its the same stuff (cab/sleeper), they are burning a ton of time. That is time I'd rather see on another truck or on a trailer.
howey

#2836 Post by howey » 18 Jun 2021 01:25

There are various scenarios that they go about it and it all depends on how SCS and each Manufacturer handles it. For instance if SCS has already negotiated with International with there next model then they already have a head start by using some of the resources of the Lonestar as a base and then adjusting it to suit the next model. The same could go with the 122SD with using some resources of the Cascadia which would save time and make the process of releasing a truck for ATS abit quicker I assume.

Anything like the 5700 or 4900 they would have to start from scratch with will take extra time and will result on how quick ATS trucks will get released perhaps. Like I said there are multiple scenarios that they can choose and tbh I wouldn't even rule out a bundle scenario in some cases but it all depends on how SCS and each individual manufacturer handles the process.

Still the preferred option would be the VNL imo. Just like I wanted Montana before Texas to square off the map I want the VNL before anything else to have all major common truck models in game so the vehicle team can focus on other things such as cargo and cargo management since they won't have a cargo team anytime soon if at all.
flight50

#2837 Post by flight50 » 18 Jun 2021 03:14

Without the LT, all common models won't be in the game though. The LT is more common than the Lonestar, 5700, 4900 and the Anthem. The lowest selling trucks of the big 7 has been Mack and WS for several years. I'd put International up there with the VNL, 579 and T680 for sure.
harishw8r

#2838 Post by harishw8r » 18 Jun 2021 11:31

Speaking of International, which model made fleets buy International trucks in bulk and kinda saved International’s downfall, the Prostar or the LT?
Wolfi
Beta tester

#2839 Post by Wolfi » 18 Jun 2021 12:22

I'd say it was the Prostar. Despite it's rather "brave" looks it seems to be fairly popular truck. LT is a worthy successor with a slightly more tame look.
Not gonna lie, I really like how LT looks, but I tend to like modern Internationals in general. I don't mind the Lonestar and when it comes to heavier trucks I think that HX is one of the better looking ones out there.
The smallest details always make the biggest difference.
flight50

#2840 Post by flight50 » 18 Jun 2021 12:46

I have to agree that it was perhaps the Prostar that kicked it in for International. The LT's headlights I favor a bit more not to mention, its the newer model. But yeah they are basically the same truck. It should be the LT that should make the game instead of the Prostar, despite Prostar still being on International's company page. The LT and the VNL in traffic would mean a lot to me. The only truck that would be missing at that point to reflect most common is the old Cascadia that we can pretty much just give up on. Due to the way the old VNL was treated by the community, I don't think SCS wanted to bother fixing it up. I'm sure with the old Cascadia no longer being on FL's website, that writes it off as a must have truck over in production trucks. Still a chance for classic but even a classic pack is a 1% chance to ever happen.

Return to “General discussion about the game”