Next ATS truck speculation

ASDF

Re: Next ATS truck speculation

#2911 Post by ASDF » 21 Jun 2021 17:22

Freightliner 122SD, Western Star 5700XE, International LT, MACK Pinnacle, International HX, any one of these 5 trucks is a new car, I can accept it
Hopefully in the future America Truck Simulator will add these trucks: Freightliner 122SD/Century/Columbia/FLD/Cascadia/Coronado, Kenworth T800/T880/W990,Volvo VNX740, International HX520/ ProStar, and MACK Pinnacle, MACK Titan.
flight50

#2912 Post by flight50 » 21 Jun 2021 17:28

pigbrother wrote: 21 Jun 2021 16:00 I really doubt the shifter has anything to do with performance, we know the Prism3D is not too great, but this is very basic
Why wouldn't it tie to performance. If a cabin view is already taxing for some pc's, throw animations in there and that is extra tracking the game now has to do. Not to mention all the crazy shifting that needs to take place. The fps will need to be high enough for the animation to keep up with the shifter shifting the stick. You can't have a shifter operate at 20 fps and look as smooth as a 60-100fps shift. You will also have some people that will attempt to make ridiculous throws just to test out the animation. All this is avoided if the shifter is stationary. Yes some modders have put it in but those mods are not SCS. SCS has to account for everyone, a modder doesn't. So I'm sure the wide range of pc's specs out there is tied to performance. All these newer aero package trucks coming to the game are mostly coming to the market as automatics. Sure they can get manuals as well but the older trucks feel right with manuals. If you put manuals in a select few, people will get pisssed that all don't have it.

All vocational trucks should have manual options imho. HX, VNX, 49x, T880 and 122SD. At the least, give those trucks manuals in ATS. Secondary are the classics. 389, W900 and the 4900 if we get it. I really don't see why cables can come to the game but manual shifters can't at least be stationary. The polygons for a stationary piece can't be that bad. But animating it can add to the equation.
xXCARL1992Xx

#2913 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 21 Jun 2021 17:32

the animation isnt what is causing frame drops, animations are just predefined paths, the polygon count is what will tank your frames, if the interior is high poly + environment then you will feel it, adding just a stick into the interior with an animation wont do much

Vadiks DAF XF105 has a manual interior with animations, and he uses the SCS DAF (i think pre 50k update) and also has some medium polygon accessory options and there wont be any more frame drops then usual
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
flight50

#2914 Post by flight50 » 21 Jun 2021 17:51

Again that is a mod though. SCS has to do it for everyone's pc. I'm sure ghosting of a slow animation that can't keep up or a stick that seems fragmented by just snapping in place will happen on some pc's. We may never get to find out though.
bryntrollian

#2915 Post by bryntrollian » 21 Jun 2021 17:55

saur44l wrote: 20 Jun 2021 11:48I mean we already have trucks that are no longer in production
Did you mean the Volvo VNL ?
xXCARL1992Xx

#2916 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 21 Jun 2021 17:56

he uses SCS stuff, and many people use his mod, also people on low end PCs and i didnt see one complaint about it, the moving stick wont change anything, the frames will still drop the same as without one, the new trucks have way more polygons in them and still work, a few 50 to 100 more wont make a difference

also, with this logic SCS shouldnt have been allowed to add any new animations to the game at all, because it could cause frame drops but we still got more gauges, more buttons and openable windows
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
saur44l

#2917 Post by saur44l » 21 Jun 2021 19:19

bryntrollian wrote: 21 Jun 2021 17:55 Did you mean the Volvo VNL ?
Yep,VNL is the only one in ATS,ETS2 has a lot more trucks that are no longer in production.
flight50

#2918 Post by flight50 » 21 Jun 2021 19:34

The old Cascadia really should have been on that menu. If it wasn't for the VNL complaints. Too bad we never got the LB from Carthoo before he left. It could have shed some light on licensing. But then again, I don't think it would have ever surfaced the more I think about it overthe past year. SCS is still pretty tight lipped about licensing even in minor detail to explain how things work so that fans can get a glimpse of the process. We'll perhaps always remain in the dark there.

I wish we knew there where 2 for one deals to seek. After all, things are turning more promitional with covid. Especially for ETS2. They had 2 big manufacturers on streams now. One for ATS on a prerecorded session. Someting like a 5700/4900 deal. A LT/HX deal. The Cascadia's deal is a no go that we see. Or a Paccar deal for both the 579 and T680.
saur44l

#2919 Post by saur44l » 21 Jun 2021 19:41

Well I am still not willing to write off the old Cascadia,not sure why but I still have faith that we will see that truck in ATS.
flight50

#2920 Post by flight50 » 21 Jun 2021 19:56

^Yeahhhh, I'm kinda with ya. I'm at like 3% chance though for the old Cascadia. But that's only assuming that SCS will get all the current models in the game and needs something to do in 3-4 years from now. That could be the time to approach manufacturer's for older trucks. SCS never said they can't or won't do older trucks. Several have even hinted at they want older trucks as well. If you read between the lines and paid attention to their body language when they speak on older trucks, its definitely not out of the question. Pavel even once said something along the lines of "we'll see". I think there was some talk on the June 27th stream back in 2018 when he first talked about licenses. If Snowrunner/Mudrunner can get licenses, its not impossible. Money does talk though and licenses do cost money. How much? We'll never know. Which is exactly why we should pay for out of production trucks. Unlike Mudrunner/Snowrunner, SCS has been very good to us and we have not paid for a single truck. In fact, SCS keeps them updated well after they are released for free....forever. So if it boiled down to licenses are too expensive for SCS, make a few paid dlc's and recoup some of that. At least make (1) for each game and see how profitable they are. People will use mods that are free but the vast majority of the fan base doesn't use mods will buy a SCS quality truck. Not all mods are quality but at least SCS is consistent. Profits would be up there if SCS just did it. Heck, even out sourcing should be out the window but SCS's problem is that they want everything to be done in house. Lot they kind of limit themselves. Older trucks, cargo and trailers should all be outsourced to a degree. SCS is not the only ones capable of quality for ATS/ETS2.

Return to “General discussion about the game”