Next ATS truck speculation

DAFmanXFE6

Re: Next ATS truck speculation

#4281 Post by DAFmanXFE6 » 17 Oct 2021 08:06

For me there is no debt outstanding with WS, despite me not liking it, it’s a very well made truck with tons of options.
[ external image ][ external image ]

When in doubt... Ask m1keY!
flight50

#4282 Post by flight50 » 17 Oct 2021 09:38

JoeAlex23 wrote: 17 Oct 2021 03:51 Way more people are loyal to the SCS W900 and the 389 (without visual mods) than some might think ;)
Guilty, lol. I still rock my SCS W900 95% of the time. Actually I can't even tell you the last time I drove something else, lol. I definitely have not driving anything since Kreichbaum add the N14 to his mod with fmod now in place. The quality does not bother me one bit. Would I like a better model, sure. But I'm not willing to start over with my mileage on the dash. I don't even see quality when I drive. I see fun, relaxed and home in my W900. There's a connection with my truck that just keeps pulling me back into the cab. Graphics? The heck with graphics. How is graphics going to make me feel one with my rig.....it won't. Sure a better quality model would be nice but its more to it than that for me. When you find that truck where if feels like home, that's where your loyalty will stay.

I think the W990 would be cool but to be honest, I only seen like one in the past few years on the road here in DFW. Funny thing is, that sighting was just recent as in the past 30 days while on my morning commute to work. Now I would love to get the new VNL and the 5700 in the game for the sake of last two most common models on the road that I see. They both would be very nice additions from a common on the road aspect. But so would others.

At this point, its really hard for me to part with my W900 anyways. It has sentimental value. My first ever purchased truck on my original profile. She's dialing up the miles just as I want. My goal is to someday hit 500k. I am way off the pace though, lol. It use to be getting to a coo one mil but I just don't play enough anymore. I'm on here much more than I play. I try contributing to bring more to the game. There's quite a bit missing that would set ATS off for me. Although I'm loving what's in place, I see a ton more potential in the game. I just don't want to get burned out like I did back in 2017-2018 with the map at that time. With more and more trucks coming, at some point (5700 I'm waiting for you), I may find it hard not to take another truck for a spin sometimes and park the W900 a little more. Til then, I'll be turning my wheels to get to 500k.
EurocopterX3

#4283 Post by EurocopterX3 » 17 Oct 2021 09:40

Well, the VNL fits the debt comment if you go off the idea of the community basically trashing the Volvo VNL when it was initially released due to its "poor" quality. (Of course, it really isn't a poor quality truck, as it was supposed to be released with the game's release and the quality of it is about on par with the original two semis that released with ATS.)
flight50

#4284 Post by flight50 » 17 Oct 2021 09:50

^Agreed on the old VNL. Its because of the Scania that people expect nothing but high end quality. I keep saying this, but I honestly think the negativity on the old VNL, is exactly why we don't have the old Cascadia. People wanted a new from scratch model which means SCS would have had to scratch what they had. What they had was also planned to release with the game but that didn't work out. The truck was on par with 2016 trucks so the expectations should have stayed in 2016...not 2019 when we got the Lonestar and newer trucks. So for me, its the community is the reason we don't have the old Cascadia. Its my opinion and one that I'll always stick with. I seriously don't care if some of you disagree. You have your opinion, I have mine. The entitlement to get a new CAD model Cascadia when a new gen Cascadia just didn't seem like time well spent to me.

The old Cascadia should have gotten the old VNL treatment of updates, released and done deal. Why would SCS release the old Cascadia at this point. I don't even think it should have been part of this poll. If it comes, great but remove it from the poll. Its a wasting spot imho. Its the only non in production truck on the list. If its on the list, there should be a butt load of others added in the future. That opens up a can of worms when it comes to a final roster of what gets added to the poll. The poll should only be in production trucks until SCS reveals that older out of production trucks are coming.
Last edited by flight50 on 17 Oct 2021 09:58, edited 1 time in total.
EurocopterX3

#4285 Post by EurocopterX3 » 17 Oct 2021 09:58

Not sold on the "Old Cascadia-Old VNL Connection," as we do not have a clue about the situation with Daimler and Freightliner at the time. Just because they had the truck being rendered, doesn't mean that it would ultimately be released. I could be wrong of course and I could see, if Daimler, Freightliner and/or SCS saw the reaction the community had to the Old VNL, that one or more of the parties declined having the truck released due to the negativity it could've spawned. And, I do agree about the expectations needing to stay grounded in reality. After all, it seems like the community, at least at the time, forgot the physical copy of ATS shipped with images of the Old VNL on the box... Like, it was clear the model was ready to be used and was sitting on licensing.
JoeAlex23

#4286 Post by JoeAlex23 » 17 Oct 2021 20:08

flight50 wrote: 17 Oct 2021 09:38
Guilty, lol. I still rock my SCS W900 95% of the time. Actually I can't even tell you the last time I drove something else, lol. I definitely have not driving anything since K add the N14 to his mod with fmod now in place. The quality does not bother me one bit. Would I like a better model, sure. But I'm not willing to start over with my mileage on the dash. I don't even see quality when I drive. I see fun, relaxed and home in my W900. There's a connection with my truck that just keeps pulling me back into the cab. Graphics? The heck with graphics. How is graphics going to make me feel one with my rig.....it won't. Sure a better quality model would be nice but its more to it than that for me. When you find that truck where if feels like home, that's where your loyalty will stay.
100% same here, i just can't get away of my all mighty W900 :lol: And even more now with that Kreichbaum C15 sound with that glorious jake brake :twisted: Sometimes i feel like driving the Cascadia, the 49X or the LT but after one job i'm right back to my always loved W900, the only truck that could get me out of the W900 for a LONG time is the WS 4900 :)
flight50

#4287 Post by flight50 » 17 Oct 2021 22:57

The 5700 would get some time from me but the 122SD makes it a tougher decision for me to use it more than the W900. The 5700 takes the desire away from the Cascadia. I like the Cascadia, but I like the 5700 a lot more.
dkasper00

#4288 Post by dkasper00 » 18 Oct 2021 01:34

I'm not going to lie, I still really like the W900 despite it's age in game.
In a world full of swift drivers, I'm an O/O.
Tristman

#4289 Post by Tristman » 18 Oct 2021 08:11

I drive an 8x4 W900 from time to time, and I sure appreciate its charm (especially with the Kriechbaum engine), but after a while I like to go back to a truck with a normal turning circle and better vision.
Solitaire

#4290 Post by Solitaire » 18 Oct 2021 08:25

I still love my W900 but since the release of the LoneStar has dethroned it and it has become my favorite truck.
But I do not shy away from my pleasure to take a ride in the other trucks on offer and for that, thank you to SCS for offering them to us.
But these 2 trucks give me the foot to drive them

Return to “General discussion about the game”