Next ATS truck speculation

harishw8r

Re: Next ATS truck speculation

#2791 Post by harishw8r » 14 Jun 2021 08:29

The Epiq/Epiq max mirrors in the 579 are a joke anyway. They seem small and I wonder that will help anyway, if not for the aerodynamics.

I doubt if the 122SD will come next. My bet is on the 5700XE for multiple reasons. Also, I see the 5700XE has the final resort to have the 4900 in the game. Having the current 5700XE before it gets any sort of upgrade makes the work for 4900 a tad easier due to the similarity in sleepers. Especially in cases where SCS tries to bring two trucks per brand first, but in the time gap the 4900's production is planned to be stopped, 5700XE might come in handy to bring 4900 at the last minute as half the work would have already been done.

I don't see even a 1% possibility of the 4900 or even the 122SD landing before 5700XE.
DAFmanXFE6

#2792 Post by DAFmanXFE6 » 14 Jun 2021 12:30

Personally I can't see the 4900 coming at all which is a shame because it's the one truck I've always wanted. I believe that SCS have changed direction (this is only my opinion) - rather than bringing in 1x classic style and 1x modern for each brand they are doing 1x vocational bias and 1x highway bias for each brand.

My hope is that this will open SCS to the possibility of doing paid-DLC for classic trucks, if they started with "younger classics" (including a reworked 389) then it'd allow them to gauge interest from the playerbase to that type of DLC, again this is just my opinion.

I was leaning towards the 5700 next, but I think it'll be the VNL instead now.
[ external image ][ external image ]

When in doubt... Ask m1keY!
flight50

#2793 Post by flight50 » 14 Jun 2021 13:49

Yeah I think the 4900 is the last in production classic that we could get. I'd like for each brand to get (1) classic, (1) modern and (1) vocational myself. With the classic dlc pack, that would be very possible. But paid dlc trucks would have to be way down the line pretty much once SCS has exhausted all the current in production trucks. I'd go back thru the decades to model one. If the truck roster ever got anything remotely close to the 18 WoS series, that would attract a lot of people with paid dlc trucks. There's a solid dozen trucks that could be paid just like there is almost a dozen in production trucks right now that could get in. North America in general has a lot of worth trucks though. You can still spot a COE on the roads every now and then. I seen one about 2 months on I-30 rolling thru Dallas. I think it was Pete or a FL.
ASDF

#2794 Post by ASDF » 14 Jun 2021 14:46

Classic trucks are released in the form of paid DLC, which I can accept
Hopefully in the future America Truck Simulator will add these trucks: Freightliner 122SD/Century/Columbia/FLD/Cascadia/Coronado, Kenworth T800/T880/W990,Volvo VNX740, International HX520/ ProStar, and MACK Pinnacle, MACK Titan.
DAFmanXFE6

#2795 Post by DAFmanXFE6 » 14 Jun 2021 15:09

@flight50 hope you’re right regarding the 4900. Would be interesting if they could do classic packs like you said right back to the glory days of COE’s.
[ external image ][ external image ]

When in doubt... Ask m1keY!
flight50

#2796 Post by flight50 » 14 Jun 2021 17:31

Yes indeed......COE days. The K100e mod alone has just North of 111k subscribers. That is a huge amount of people. Iirc, I checked like 6 months ago and there was like 101k subscribers. Don't quote me on that though. But what I am getting at is that there is demand for at least that particular COE. Every manufacturer could get COE models in ATS if you ask me (if they have a model of course). Not everyone uses mods so that 111k for the K100, that could translate into revenue for SCS. I think trucks could come in at $1.99-2.99 USD/EU and people would buy it up like hot cakes.

But like I mentioned, all the other in production trucks would need to be knocked out first. Everything in the poll with the exception of the 9900i would need to be in ATS first before such a pack could come. Do classics that you can get material on. So research, research, research. Europe has imports of many North American trucks. There are still some here from O/O that might be possible worse case. References for appearance and sound is at the back door but at least its still a way in. The front door is easier but not always feasible. The Cascadia fell into SCS's hands for sound. There can be other instances just like that. But SCS has to dig deep to see what those importers have available and go for the license. Europe seems to be very SCS friendly. The North America market is not there yet. But if SCS keep chipping away, ATS has a very high ceiling. The game is still young, yet shows a lot of potential for the North American market.

So if ATS can get the 5700 and VNL pretty soon, I have to like ATS's chances for the next several years. The LT and the Pinnacle are still high on my list because they are half way done already. Then you look at the newest models, the T680 and the 579, you'd like to think that the manufacturers would want SCS to get them in the game asap. Truck generations are what 6-8 years? So if the 579 and the T680 just released months ago, that gives SCS 6+ years of not worrying about those models for quite some time. So what can we get from SCS in that time frame of 6-8 years? W990, HX, 122SD would be my front runners along with whatever else comes. Whether ATS can get 2 trucks a year or just 1, there is time to add a lot more trucks to the game. We just miss out on some in production trucks unless that classic dlc theory can surface.
leo.arevalo12ss

#2797 Post by leo.arevalo12ss » 14 Jun 2021 18:11

Well SCS has been busy with the next gen DAF truck for ets2 so it might be only one truck for ATS this year so maybe the new VNL is the only one going to come this year but I'm hoping to be proved wrong on SCS bringing only one truck for ATS
Take it with a grain of salt nothing is 100% sure
howey

#2798 Post by howey » 15 Jun 2021 01:06

I'm all for a classic truck DLC at some point but I also can think of a couple of reasons why SCS might not do it as well.

First reason is even though they can be a money maker for them I also look at the standards they would have to invest to satisfy the community on wanting to buy them. For instance you mentioned Overfloaters K-100e mod as a example and i agree it would be awesome if SCS had that as a official model for ATS but also look at the detail Overfloater put into that truck from cabs,chassis, interiors and tuning options you can have for it. Will SCS be able to do that as well I doubt it tbh.

Also too another thing you also have to look at is compliance laws for older trucks for each individual states. For instance from what I have a quick glance at recently your nanny state California is taking a tough stance on trucks that were made in 2000 or earlier to meet their emission laws otherwise you can't register the vehicle in that state and I wouldn't be suprised if they haven't already done so allow older trucks in their state unless they meet their compliance /emission laws.

So would SCS also follow those rules for the realism and if that were the case could limit where you drive your older truck in game unless your happy to get hefty fines which could upset alot of people that play the game.
flight50

#2799 Post by flight50 » 15 Jun 2021 03:39

If I was SCS, I'd treat trucks just like national parks....ignore the rules. If they want to make money there are things they have to know where to be realistic and where they have to be more conservative. ATS can't be 100% about real life rules and regulations. There are more causal players that plays their games as its not a professional simulator. So they must go where the money is. The minute the go hardcore focus tgat us when they start losing more fans. Fans will pay for what real life doesn't provide if its not about rules.

As far as options, they could do whatever they need to do in order to make money though. The 49x has tons of options so they are more than capable for customizations. The question is will they go to that extent. For a truck that is paid vs core content, they can't do a half done truck if they want to make money off it. I wouldn't expect too far from what overfloater did because they know that is what people would expect. His truck must be duplicated at least 90% if people are to buy it.
ASDF

#2800 Post by ASDF » 15 Jun 2021 04:00

@DAFmanXFE6 Freightliner 122SD is a professional truck, Freightliner Cascadia is a highway truck. The Western Star 49X is a professional truck, and the Western Star 5700XE is a highway truck.
Hopefully in the future America Truck Simulator will add these trucks: Freightliner 122SD/Century/Columbia/FLD/Cascadia/Coronado, Kenworth T800/T880/W990,Volvo VNX740, International HX520/ ProStar, and MACK Pinnacle, MACK Titan.

Return to “General discussion about the game”