Next ATS truck speculation

flight50

Re: Next ATS truck speculation

#2581 Post by flight50 » 09 May 2021 10:04

parasaurolophus67 wrote: 08 May 2021 23:49 the WS, LT and volvo are the most likely.
This is my best assumption as well. These 3 polishes off the list of the most active trucks not in the game that are on US roads that I see. The 4900 also fits in but we won't get both the 5700 and the 4900 in the same year more than likely. Which will be first.....no telling. It would kinda of be cool if its was the VNL. The old one is old quality from ATS's first trucks. We at least have a WS and an International with better quality. Not to mention the old VNL is old school now.

I still hate we didn't get the older Cascadia to be on par with the old VNL as the last non CAD referenced truck. I seriously wonder, who denied it. Was it FL/Daimler scratching what SCS had because they didn't like it? At the time SCS got the new Cascadia license, the old Cascadia was still in production. This was 2018. The old Cascadia wasn't removed from FL's website until early 2020 if I recall. If not it was early 2019. Either way, it was still in production. Or did SCS just scratch the thought since they got the new Cascadia? Nothing still has been said nor will it be said about older trucks or out of production trucks not possible in ATS. Its hard to believe when SnowRunner and Mudrunner has older licensed trucks in the game but SCS can't. Manufacturers can only say yes or no. But if SCS doesn't want to do it, they are not going to go after it. Has SCS even tried to get the old Cascadia in since 2016? We have no idea. We just assume they tried. They never kept it updated like they did for the old VNL. Why only it, no idea. Honestly, I lean more to SCS just moving on from the Old Cascadia. Its still a very relevant truck so it should have came before it went out of production. My thinking, they saw the reaction to the old VNL by the community and didn't want the same backlash for it not having the quality as CAD referenced trucks. People ripped the old VNL pretty good. So thanks to the community, could be why SCS did not pursue it. What they had could have been updated and released just like the old VNL imho.
Wolfi
Beta tester

#2582 Post by Wolfi » 09 May 2021 10:37

Technically you're right. But you can only assume that old Cascadia was in a release-ready state. Or maybe it wasn't? Maybe the one we saw on that famous blog screenshot was just a prop? You will never know (most likely).
But yeah, if we assume it was game ready, then I'd say the reason why SCS didn't release it, is because they didn't want to pay for a license for a truck that would receive a massive backlash from the community.
Last edited by Wolfi on 09 May 2021 11:12, edited 1 time in total.
The smallest details always make the biggest difference.
harishw8r

#2583 Post by harishw8r » 09 May 2021 10:51

I agree with Flight too. It should be mostly that. The VNL was ‘somehow’ released, and is outright too bad. I speculate that the Freightliner old Cascadia should’ve followed VNL but after looking at VNL’s feedback they might have just shelved that project, as the new one was also already in the works. Their primary goal was to get the seven brands in the game (especially Freightliner at the earliest) but then quality was a concern.

Thankfully Lonestar was updated to the current production model and also in a better quality. Bringing Lonestar as the first International truck should have been purely an idea of SCS (for its unique look).

The intervention of 49X made Freightliner the last brand to join. That being said, there’s a good chance that Western Star might be the the next model. There’s a western Star that’s unaccounted for, and I believe that WS should’ve been the seventh brand to join if not for the 49X, and there’s also this thing that’s untold, everything seems to point towards that.

I don’t think we would see the old model ever again. It’s already been a long time. Let’s at least get the three highly requested models before they go outdated.
flight50

#2584 Post by flight50 » 09 May 2021 12:19

^Agreed. I'm swinging WS for the same reason over the VNL. The WS has an engine sound already that is perhaps the best sound in the game to date. The VNL has a 2020 recording sitting on SCS servers but it may not be finalized. Sound is one of the last things to polish up on a truck. But the WS has a sound that can just be dropped in place asap. We have two Daimler trucks that have better engine sounds than the old VNL so no much hesitation there. The old VNL, sounds like a rod is broken in the engine. Its not a good sound to my ears. It may work for some but I don't care for it much. That truck is drastically in need of Kreich's VNL sound mod. It makes that truck much more drivable. So between another WS and VNL, I'd like to think one of the two is next. They could go 1 & 2. But its just hard to dismiss the LT and Pinnacle squeezing in there considering its mainly a nose job. If chassis adjustments are necessary, different story.
pigbrother

#2585 Post by pigbrother » 09 May 2021 12:43

Chassis adjustment are necessary (SFA vs SBA, some things are differently shaped or placed), but is not a bigger job than making SBA and SFA for 49x.

... and I really dig Pinnacle 2020. :D
I have approximate knowledge of many things
flight50

#2586 Post by flight50 » 09 May 2021 13:15

^ For the 49x to bring SFA and SBA, yes. But are they necessary to go from the Lonestar to the LT. Same thing for Mack. Can it go directly from the Anthem to the Pinnacle. I'd have to assume the HX has SBA and SFA as well if its vocational. But the LT and the Pinnacle could be the exact same axle type as the Lonestar/Anthem for their particular chassis.
harishw8r

#2587 Post by harishw8r » 09 May 2021 13:30

If the chassis dimensions are exact, it may not be necessary, but it turns out that they aren’t.

As in the International Trucks’ website, the LT has a shorter chassis (Wheelbase range 160-252”) as compared to the Lonestar (167-280”). Also the BBC lengths are 125” and 132” respectively.

And though it doesn’t look like one, the Lonestar is an SBA variant.

Since people prefer accurate models, the chassis dimensions will mostly be taken into account.
howey

#2588 Post by howey » 09 May 2021 13:36

flight50 wrote: 09 May 2021 13:15 I'd have to assume the HX has SBA and SFA as well if its vocational.
It does the 520 is the SFA while the 620 is the SBA and that just another reason while i'm leaning to the HX being the next International and not the LT. Besides be good to have variety having more versatile trucks that can be specd for all industry needs such as Regional/OTR/Vocational and HH specd imo.

Though even though I prefer the 4900 I don't think it's coming any time soon if at all now, the 5700 most likely be the next WS model unless there miraculously do a 2 in 1 combo. But with many other models in general on the market to choose from atm it is a long shot.
Cemail Cebeci

#2589 Post by Cemail Cebeci » 09 May 2021 13:43

I will ask you what is the difference between SB SF SBA SFA and which brands and models they use most
harishw8r

#2590 Post by harishw8r » 09 May 2021 13:46

SB and SBA are the same. SF and SFA are the same. Vocational trucks (like 49X, HX) provide the option of choosing between both.

Return to “General discussion about the game”