Next ATS truck speculation

flight50

Re: Next ATS truck speculation

#4651 Post by flight50 » 25 Nov 2021 00:31

I'd love it if SCS snuck in a truck before the year is out. I'm depressed about the 5700 now. The polls will need to be rest to the 57X or I suppose 5700/57X works too. But to show some love, I'd love to see the K100 on the list. That could also bring in the likes of the FLB, Mack R and the 362.

Imho, the K100 mod on Steam is enough to show people love that truck and want that truck. There are currently 139k current subscribers. That doesn't even include the people that are not using the Steam version. People want that truck. If SCS did it as a dlc, it could be $1.99 easily. I'd pay for that. With 139k people at 1.99, that's 275k in earnings. What about the people that don't use mods? The love for the K100 could be well over 139k for people who want a vanilla truck and not a mod. I honestly believe that if ATS got a couple COE's for history sake, I bet cha a few more ETS2 players would support ATS. There are complaints from some that refuse to play ATS because of the truck handling of conventional trucks are harder. Other reasons are there too like mods support, smaller map and more expensive once you add in the cost of dlc's. I don't think money should be a factor when you want to have fun and relax. The heck with money. Its about do I enjoy the content I'm getting. We get a few dlc's a year. That doesn't break the bank.

I'm not sure if its better to start a new truck poll for of out of production trucks or not. Perhaps titled Classic Trucks -What would you like. It seems as though people are tiring a bit of only getting modern aero trucks. Spice it up...bring in some old school. This poll would be much slower changing and would only get updated as more trucks go to out of production over the years . Trucks like the old Cascadia, 9900i and the Classic XL can make that list. Century, Columbia, T2000, T660, CC132, FLD and C , etc. Even the 5700 and the 4900 could end up on that list instead of this one here. That could be the indicator for SCS to see what fans like and why. Orrr should we just keep all trucks old and new here?

We keep seeing other games get older trucks. So old truck are not off the menu. SCS has neither denied or confirm old trucks soooooo, to me, that door is not closed. Silence = a window of opportunity. Due to the effort involved with old school trucks, I think they should be paid trucks. No issue with me charging for them.
Grizzly

#4652 Post by Grizzly » 25 Nov 2021 01:07

You're right there's a big demand for these oldies. Harven's FLB has 140k subscribers and the Mack R 124k. A poll would be interesting.
FalleN_KinG

#4653 Post by FalleN_KinG » 25 Nov 2021 01:28

I started with ETS2 and I like cabovers but the hooded trucks are awesome, and I'd like some cabovers in ATS too, without having to worry about mods every next version. ATS recieves too many aero trucks some classics couldn't hurt. Should for sure add a classic truck poll for at least the k100, flb, classic xl, ws 4900, pete 362 and maybe some other popular classics, like flight50 said. And that about ETS2 players and cabovers, there may be something to it, if some would come to ATS maybe they catch the attention of some ETS fans, not sure but maybe, just maybe...
DAFmanXFE6

#4654 Post by DAFmanXFE6 » 25 Nov 2021 07:09

Wow that’s such a lot of subscribers for one totally excellent truck. The paint jobs I have done for the FLB are my most subscribed iirc*. Good point @flight50 regarding how much could be made from a tiny priced dlc. I’d certainly buy it.
[ external image ][ external image ]

When in doubt... Ask m1keY!
Some newbie driver

#4655 Post by Some newbie driver » 25 Nov 2021 09:29

Just one detail about DLC prices. Steam takes 30% of anything sold in there. Direct VAT taxes (in EU, sorry I don't know how those work in US or other countries) goes around 20%. That means that on average SCS is going to receive 50% of whatever we pay, if not less. Then, their licensing costs (something we don't have idea at all), costs of staff to model the truck, provision of future costs maintaining that DLC running for future versions of the game... That's a lot more work than we are used to with paintjobs or tuning DLCs (and specially the licensing cost)

If they ever start to make payed trucks DLCs (an d I'm agree with that, I think they need to start to earn deserved money with that to improve the income of the company); then we should expect them to be more pricey than paintjobs. Somewhat around 5$? I've no idea, maybe. Or maybe they do it for cheap, who knows; they priced Iberia extremely cheap considered the amount of content. Sometimes they don't play the "big company" role even if they could. And then arises the doubts I suppose they have at SCS: What trucks could be "desired enough" to cover at least the fixed costs of the project? How many people are willing to pay for DLCs instead of free mod alternatives?

If I had to bet, whenever they decide to start doing that kind of DLC, they are going to probe the community before (some social network polls or undetermined teases to see the buzz)

Regards
DAFmanXFE6

#4656 Post by DAFmanXFE6 » 25 Nov 2021 09:54

I’d be happy to pay $5 per classic/out of production truck, if it’s a pack of a few then happy to up that further. Compared to some of the prices charged it’s still a bargain even if they were current SCS 579 quality (which isn’t the worst IMO but obviously much lower than the recent trucks)
[ external image ][ external image ]

When in doubt... Ask m1keY!
Some newbie driver

#4657 Post by Some newbie driver » 25 Nov 2021 10:20

I'm sure there would be lot of people willing to pay that, and some people even a lot more (some payed mods out there seem to be very popular). Let's see when SCS do that step. For the moment, at least for ATS, they owe players some brand tuning packs as they promised they will arrive once all 7 major brands would be present in ATS. If players can't have still more new(old) trucks; at least to have a bit more of style on current ones. ;)
Holzauge

#4658 Post by Holzauge » 25 Nov 2021 10:52

I would definitely buy classic trucks for a decent price. I pay for paintjobs, I don't use, so why not?! :mrgreen:
VDMA
Some newbie driver

#4659 Post by Some newbie driver » 25 Nov 2021 11:09

The day we can see our own AI drivers on the road, the paintjobs usage (and purchase) will skyrocket for sure
F4R35

#4660 Post by F4R35 » 25 Nov 2021 11:30

I would pay 5, or even 10$ for a truck dlc! As long as it comes with appropriate chassis and cabs...And I'm sure most of people will go for an official dlc than a mod replacement, because dlcs are always up to date and won't break your game!
"Expectations are the thief of Joy"

Return to “General discussion about the game”