Next ATS truck speculation

clifflandmark

Re: Next ATS truck speculation

#4671 Post by clifflandmark » 25 Nov 2021 16:40

I think reliable CAD sources is important for correct appearance. Also, even the eldest KW can be modeled in CAD. Assume an old one before AutoCAD, this one should have drawings in papers if not on PC. Some AutoCAD expert can draw it by considering correct references.
xXCARL1992Xx

#4672 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 25 Nov 2021 16:45

old trucks pre CAD manufacturing had a clay model/mockup (wich is still done) in scale or even 1:1, i doubt the manufacturer will give out drawing of tooling manufacturing, SCS would have to go there and hope they have an old model somewhere (many manufacturer should have some to show history) and then make a photogrammetry model of it, but i think for this to happen SCS has to reach a long time back in history, CAD is already old (60 years or more)
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
supersobes
Global moderator

#4673 Post by supersobes » 25 Nov 2021 16:52

Even if a model doesn't exist of a particular truck, couldn't they 3D scan the actual truck like they did with the new Scania?
xXCARL1992Xx

#4674 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 25 Nov 2021 16:55

they wont do any 3D scans again, the Scania was just a test (and the model isnt used ingame) the truck was still made with Photogrammmetrie, but even with this you dont get all details, you notice it when you look at all CAD trucks and the New Scania, the Scania has chassis details like air lines and electrical cables, the CAD ones dont have it for one, also scanning/photographs can miss other important details, like how does the drive axle look like, how does the thank look like from underneath, how does the chassis inside looks like etc.
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
flight50

#4675 Post by flight50 » 25 Nov 2021 17:06

55sixxx wrote: 25 Nov 2021 16:21 I honestly wouldn't wait up on these older trucks if i were you guys... This old truck addition is an old subject that players back in 2013 were already waiting for.

I came across this comment while looking for content to make another thread:
I wouldn't go by that. ATS wasn't even out way back then. This concept is for ATS now. There are a ton of valid trucks that could be in consideration though. Not only was ATS not out and doing old trucks, but I don't think Mudrunner, Snowrunner nor Farming Simulator was valid with their trucks either. Old trucks is more of....lets generate some income idea, non core trucks. If SCS has to go out their way, they should get some sort of an idea on what people are willing to pay for. These trucks can't and shouldn't be free with the trouble they'd have to go thru.

Plus its for fun. If the concept takes off, great. If not, no harm. But we talk about older trucks all the time but where would SCS start if they even wanted to produce an old truck?
Tristman

#4676 Post by Tristman » 25 Nov 2021 17:09

I mean unless the fans make it known that there is interest in classic trucks and the willingness to buy, SCS doesn't have a reason to add classic trucks to the game anyway.
So I think any discussion about it is good.
DAFmanXFE6

#4677 Post by DAFmanXFE6 » 25 Nov 2021 17:20

For GMC trucks (brigadier, general and astro95) I have a “bodybuilders book which has exact dimensions for each truck and various cabs/chassis. I think they need to be well finished with the current trucks before moving onto something that would need exponentially more work than modern stuff
[ external image ][ external image ]

When in doubt... Ask m1keY!
flight50

#4678 Post by flight50 » 25 Nov 2021 18:01

Out of production truck thread made so that we don't clutter of this thread with old truck talk. viewtopic.php?p=1635326#p1635326. The most voted trucks are the ones that will eventually make up the poll over there. But I'll give everyone some time to chime in just like time was given here when the polls are reset. I don't know every old model or year generations out there so add to that list as necessary.
ASDF

#4679 Post by ASDF » 25 Nov 2021 19:19

Now on the MACK official website, Pinnacle has a choice of 8x6/8x4 chassis, right?
Hopefully in the future America Truck Simulator will add these trucks: Freightliner 122SD/Century/Columbia/FLD/Cascadia/Coronado, Kenworth T800/T880/W990,Volvo VNX740, International HX520/ ProStar, and MACK Pinnacle, MACK Titan.
JoeAlex23

#4680 Post by JoeAlex23 » 25 Nov 2021 23:57

xXCARL1992Xx wrote: 25 Nov 2021 16:55 they wont do any 3D scans again, the Scania was just a test (and the model isnt used ingame) the truck was still made with Photogrammmetrie, but even with this you dont get all details, you notice it when you look at all CAD trucks and the New Scania, the Scania has chassis details like air lines and electrical cables, the CAD ones dont have it for one, also scanning/photographs can miss other important details, like how does the drive axle look like, how does the thank look like from underneath, how does the chassis inside looks like etc.
3d scanning (or Laser scanning) technology has advance a lot in the last few years, they can pick up a lot of small details and give very accurate dimensions for everything, if they use the right tools and and find a clean truck (in good conditions and no modifications) they can get a very accurate 3d model in a short time and use it as a base to make the models from scratch and whatever the scanner doesn't pick they can use photogrammetry to compliment it in case they can't get their hands on the manufacturer CAD files.

Return to “General discussion about the game”