Next ATS truck speculation

harishw8r

Re: Next ATS truck speculation

#4661 Post by harishw8r » 25 Nov 2021 12:18

We should maybe have a separate wishlist thread/poll for older trucks (anything that went out of production before ATS’ release i.e 2016). We can utilise the 15 options just for the classics. The poll results would be a better way to let SCS know what trucks should be prioritised if they plan to negotiate for older trucks. That thread could function as a proper wishlist thread while this group can be only for speculation.

If we have enough options to spare, we can even shift the Old Cascadia, 9900i and (and big maybe) the 5700XE to that group.

Looking for fellow users’ opinion regarding this.
clifflandmark

#4662 Post by clifflandmark » 25 Nov 2021 13:21

yea ye... all demands aside, even the pace of progress is not enough.Paying for a truck pack makes sense at this point.only a paid content can motivate them.
Some newbie driver

#4663 Post by Some newbie driver » 25 Nov 2021 14:17

It's not motivation, its funds. If they charge us nothing for the truck additions to the game (when they are models currently produced IRL); then they are investing their profit back into the game. And that investment is limited to their profit (and is shared between everything that is released for free). Hence, they can't pace the progress faster they can fund it no matter the motivation. And when I say shared funding, in the case of vehicles, we must remember the same time works for both games (unless they could make it grow enough so it could be split).

Payed DLC trucks could bring them funds to keep the release of more payed DLC trucks if they keep being profitable enough to do so. While the wheel could keep turning, they would be able to keep releasing payed trucks if someday they decide to do so. What brings us back to the point: which trucks they should start with? And also to a question relative to this tread: If a truck ends production now (so it would be out of the scope of free releases), how much time to wait until release it as payed DLC? Because I can easily foresee the obvious complains that will happen then: "Shady SCS, you ignored to release that truck before so you could charge me now for it!"

From our customer point of view it's easy: we want it everything ASAP. From their company point of view, tens of other things have to be considered.

Regards
flight50

#4664 Post by flight50 » 25 Nov 2021 14:22

I don't see $$$$ when it comes to more content. Although I think SCS would charge the same for a cargo pack, I'd pay what they'd ask as well.

The best part about any truck from SCS though, is that they keep the trucks updated. To me, that is worth its weight in gold.
Freeze338

#4665 Post by Freeze338 » 25 Nov 2021 15:00

harishw8r wrote: 25 Nov 2021 12:18
If we have enough options to spare, we can even shift the Old Cascadia, 9900i and (and big maybe) the 5700XE to that group.

Looking for fellow users’ opinion regarding this.
This. The trio, actually I would like to add 4900 and 122SD on that list as well. Those are the main 5 trucks that I seek .

About paying I would give 10$ per truck without hesitation. The only thing that I want, if SCS implements that feature, those trucks should be on the A.I. traffic even if you don't buy the DLC . And I really don't care the quality. CAD or not just bring it. Since AutoCAD exist for years, they could implement recent trucks in 20 years probably.
Tristman

#4666 Post by Tristman » 25 Nov 2021 15:02

If SCS decides to make older trucks, I doubt they will do trucks that just went out of production. So the matter of "you waited until you can charge me for it" is unlikely I think.

Not sure how other people feel about this, but I think it would easiest for SCS to choose a specific model year of a classic truck, and model it (and give it options) based on that year.
Otherwise, it would be difficult (and messy) to do a truck that was in production for several decades for example.

Regarding trucks in traffic, maybe they could give us the option? I think there's a considerable amount of people who wouldn't like it if classic trucks spawned in traffic all the time, or would desire a specific ratio to modern trucks.
And if we reach a point where there's a lot of trucks in the game, it might be difficult to find the right balance between modern trucks and classic trucks.
flight50

#4667 Post by flight50 » 25 Nov 2021 15:06

Freeze338 wrote: 25 Nov 2021 15:00 This. The trio, actually I would like to add 4900 and 122SD on that list as well. Those are the main 5 trucks that I seek .
The 4900 and the 122SD are not out of production though. So they'd have to stay in this poll in this thread. The list I was talking about is out of production trucks which can be classics, 90s, 80s, 2000s. But until a manufacturer says a truck is discontinued, its still on the current production line. So basically, if we go to all 7 truck manufacturer's websites and see that truck available and marketed, its still in production.
harishw8r

#4668 Post by harishw8r » 25 Nov 2021 15:18

I’m with flight50 on this one. I don’t see a reason why 4900 and 122SD should be in the other list, where’s for 5700XE there’s at least some sort of assurance, but it would make sense only after its successor is teased/announced.
ASDF

#4669 Post by ASDF » 25 Nov 2021 16:12

If scs software can produce classic truck dlc, I am willing to pay for it
Hopefully in the future America Truck Simulator will add these trucks: Freightliner 122SD/Century/Columbia/FLD/Cascadia/Coronado, Kenworth T800/T880/W990,Volvo VNX740, International HX520/ ProStar, and MACK Pinnacle, MACK Titan.
55sixxx

#4670 Post by 55sixxx » 25 Nov 2021 16:21

I honestly wouldn't wait up on these older trucks if i were you guys... This old truck addition is an old subject that players back in 2013 were already waiting for.

I came across this comment while looking for content to make another thread:
old.jpg

Return to “General discussion about the game”