Next ATS truck speculation

Freeze338

Re: Next ATS truck speculation

#4811 Post by Freeze338 » 08 Dec 2021 17:04

I don't think there is a deadline or sth. Look at Renault Range T and Lonestar. They teased long time ago. Years passed and they released by SCS. Meanwhile 49X and Anthem came way faster.

So it's up to SCS probably.
xXCARL1992Xx

#4812 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 08 Dec 2021 17:26

teased before any license was obtained for it wich SCS found out was a big mistake, this is the only reason why it "took" so long, the Lonestar wasnt even a game ready model that was shown
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Some newbie driver

#4813 Post by Some newbie driver » 08 Dec 2021 18:07

In the devs roadmap every content has an ETA, not a deadline. They need to organize their work and they stablish the moment they firmly expect some project to be ended. That's specially important when other projects depend on that work to be done (and if the dependent projects are important, then yes, the ETA would be a deadline to avoid stall the whole team). Of course, the boss expects the work to be done at a good rate (so ETAS be chosen realistically and mostly accomplished); impose deadlines on everything and "crunch" the devs isn't a good idea (I'm looking at you CDPR).

But trucks are mostly independent objects in the game (at most, a tuning pack will rely on them and they use to come way after the truck). So, if they task a newbie with a new truck, they can set the ETA only once the newbie is trained enough and the work he's doing is worth for public release. In the meantime, he can spent as much time as he needs doing it; from our point of view there will be no delay (unless somebody spills the truck is coming; and they use to be tombstones regarding that kind of info). And no deadline because no other works depend on it.

There could be some kind of "soft-deadline" with ETS2 updates like the MAN one we just had. As those trucks aren't independent DLC, they still need a regular update to be released. If they wouldn't arrived in time, they should had wait until 1.44 release. But it's soft-deadline because it's self-imposed; they can break it if they really need it. If the truck has to arrive in time to fulfill some agreement with manufacturers, then that's a completely different scenario as we both agreed Wolfi.

Regards
Grizzly

#4814 Post by Grizzly » 09 Dec 2021 00:45

I think they should chip away at the old trucks like they chip away at the old map areas. If they did an ETS one first I'd still be happy as it would give me hope that they'll do the old ATS ones at some point also. Also notice that 2 of the more popular commercial mod trucks are the w900 and 389. People want better...
TheAmir259

#4815 Post by TheAmir259 » 09 Dec 2021 01:06

The W900 and 389 are really iconic american flagships for trucking, if these were to be reworked first, it might actually give a boost to the ATS playerbase, especially to those not familiar with american trucks at all. And i also do agree that, not getting any tuning packs for them currently is actually a good thing as they still won't look any better if the base model themselves are the problem. And finally, I also do agree to that i'd rather have more new trucks pumped out first before they come back and start reworking the old models. We still have alot in our list of trucks to add/be introduced into the game regardless of whether i'll use it or not, or whether i love it or hate it.
Two wrongs don't make a right, three lefts...do :D
flight50

#4816 Post by flight50 » 09 Dec 2021 01:25

The W900 and the 389 are definitely iconic. But so is the WS 4900 but its no where to be seen. I don't even want to drive it but it should come before a reworked W900 and 389. At least they are in the game. Get them in first...then upgrades can be made. The 9900i. It recently went out of production like early last year, iirc That is 2 more classic style trucks that can stand with the W900 and 389.

Not everyone wants to drive aero modern day trucks and that is what we are getting in ATS. You like the generation of trucks that you grew up with. The boost would come from a diversity of trucks, not reworking trucks in my opinion. If we could get lets say:
Option A - remade 389, remade W900, new VNL, new gen T680 and new gen 579
Option B - WS 4900, WS 5700, K100, FLB and Freightliner XL

Which option group do you think would boost ATS more? Most people would be moved more if ATS got some COE's. You want to get more ETS2 players in ATS, get some COE's. Not all of them are willing to drive the much larger conventional trucks. I'd go with things not in the game. I'd go with the biggest range of diversity. Option B for me. Either way it goes, the trucks would be new method modeling. So the quality would be there regardless compared to day one ATS trucks. But why get something you already have when something different can come. If the truck is in the game, the devs can always come back years later and update. But they might miss the window for something else by spending time on a model we already have by reworking it. A newbie can not work on a new truck, but they can tweak and mess around with a truck already in the game. Learn the parts and pieces first before you can build complex trucks. Let the senior do models not in the game. Comeback later with juniors or newbies to refresh what Seniors did in the past.
FalleN_KinG

#4817 Post by FalleN_KinG » 09 Dec 2021 03:21

^ Me and my friend make new accounts in ATS pretty often nice to start again, basically now we got like 6 accounts I always drive the Pete 389 and he always drives the KW 900, this game is lacking classics pretty badly in my opinion, these aero trucks don't really do anything for me. The last truck I got excited for was the 49x it kind of looked a bit like the 4900 which I like. But even that I don't drive the new interior is just not my thing I like classic wood/old school gauges. I get it that some people like new trucks that's fine, but even better if we get some classics then everybody gets something they like.

Deff. option B.
howey

#4818 Post by howey » 09 Dec 2021 03:29

No need to rework the 389 and W900 completely as I kept saying only thing that should be done is replace the Aerokit option with a flat top sleeper and add shorter WB options like 260 and 285inch. The Aerokit can just be a option on the Aerodyne sleeper just like they are on International, Mack and Freightliner models.

Besides I rather they continue doing what they have been doing and focus on the current in production models. Any recent discontinued models should be done later on down the line after the current models and any Pre 07 models should be seperate classic or yesteryear DLC options at some point imo.

As far as priority on what models should be done etc that can vary at anytime as we knew a WS model was already in production way before they was any mention of the 49X in general. Obviously the deal with the 49X and how it was launched took over priority with the other WS model and I assume the Cascadia as well as that was already teased on here beforehand.
flight50

#4819 Post by flight50 » 09 Dec 2021 05:53

@FalleN_KinG yeah that is how I see it...everyone should get something they like. I have an Anthem, 49x and Cascadia in my garage. Each has less than 5k-10k miles. I've driven each for about a weekend when they released and I'm right back in my W900. I don't need a new truck model to be happy. I seriously don't. Would it be great to have a better W900? Sure but its not something I'd demand...at all. I'd rather see models not in the game. Tuning pack is good with me. No tuning pack is feasible even but the W900 is my truck in its current form. I can careless how many better truck come to the game, I'm still going to rock my W900. Classics just give you that sentimental value. Sometimes, you just stick with what you like. I want to see every truck on US roads for AI traffic if could. But that doesn't mean I want to drive them. I just like to see variety without mods.
FalleN_KinG

#4820 Post by FalleN_KinG » 09 Dec 2021 07:43

^ Exactly. On the new trucks I usually do 2 jobs once the truck releases, then park it and get the Pete.

Return to “General discussion about the game”